Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2011, 07:58 PM

1 posts, read 808 times

Advertisements

you ever think that maybe its not gang oriented, Its art. graffiti isn't ever going to stop. someone will graffiti your freshly painted wall without thinking twice. I find it funny that you think you can stop these kids. Graffiti has been around since humans have, what are hieroglyphs other than graffiti? or "john+kelly4ever" also graffiti. don't any one of you tell me you've never vandalized anything, I know you have.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2011, 09:20 PM

2,032 posts, read 4,892,327 times
tagging is putting your name up on a wall. it has nothing to do with gangs. if some gangs do that, it has nothing to do with "tagging" at large. it happens. kids will keep happening, even if there not like you were. life will go on.

Old 04-01-2016, 12:25 AM

23,222 posts, read 29,040,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Venom View Post
I tag.
And you're probably one of these bored-out-of-their-skulls, retired senior citizens, or an unemployed middle age person, who's laughing themselves silly, everyone blaming the kids for doing it!!! Talk about circumstancial evidence!!! Think! Cycle of Life! Diapers to diapers! Some seniors are now entering their teenage years, all over again! LoL!

There's other ways for kids to acquire paint, not spray paint. Thrift stores for one, Oops paint at Lowe's/Home Depot. The Habit for Humanity store here has piles of old paint cans for sale for anyone to purchase.

Fill up some squirt guns with paint, and ? There's some powerful squirt guns that can shoot paint 30-40-50 feet away!

When it comes to graffiti type murals, those that are works of art, I think they should hunt down the artists and give them prizes, and money to create more murals elsewhere!

Some cities have created graffiti zones in their cities, areas where graffiti artists are welcome to create their "art work" without fear of being arrested.

Perhaps that's what Tucson needs!

Here in Las Vegas we probably have 20X more walls than Tucson, hundreds of miles of walls, walls, walls, and canvases to the graffiti artists, which costs Las Vegas $30 million a year for re-paintings! Disgusting, when they come out and cover it with whatever paint they have on hand that day, beige against gray, gray against white, white against beige! Yuck!

I've been on a journey at looking through Tucson archives, started the other day, with the first post ever created, and working my way to the present, now at page 65, and I've learned so much in my preparation for my move there! This is one thread I couldn't resist responding to!

Last edited by tijlover; 04-01-2016 at 12:43 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson