U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Halloween!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 04-08-2009, 10:00 PM

1 posts, read 4,600 times
Exclamation Does anyone know about the Window Rock East neighborhood?

There is a small neighborhood on the south side of Tucson I have questions about. The area is known as Window Rock East, me and my family were thinking about moving there. Anyways I dont really like the area around the neighborhood, inside it is nice but its surrondings are run down. I was also told about gang and drug activity out there, even murders. I would just like to know if anyone out there can help me and tell me if this is a safe move or not, Thank You!

Window Rock East is located on South Wilmot and Los Reales near the freeway, Thanks Again!
Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2009, 10:10 AM

2,916 posts, read 5,012,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaIcedTea View Post
There is a small neighborhood on the south side of Tucson I have questions about. The area is known as Window Rock East, me and my family were thinking about moving there. Anyways I dont really like the area around the neighborhood, inside it is nice but its surrondings are run down. I was also told about gang and drug activity out there, even murders. I would just like to know if anyone out there can help me and tell me if this is a safe move or not, Thank You!

Window Rock East is located on South Wilmot and Los Reales near the freeway, Thanks Again!
Two things:

First of all - I personally have never heard of this neighborhood.
Secondly, even if its remotely possible that there may be gang/drug activity or other crime (murders?) in the immediate area, I certainly would NOT move my family there!

You may want to rethink your move!

Old 04-09-2009, 01:31 PM

529 posts, read 1,520,130 times
Quote:

Take a look at this Tucson crime map for reference. I've sold a few homes in that area and I think your assessment is spot on regarding crime and the upkeep of the communities.

Old 05-03-2009, 03:04 PM

1 posts, read 4,532 times
Default Its a gated doublw wide community

The crime rate is not bad. I think the even have a security guARD. I looked at a house out there. The place looked clean

Old 06-24-2010, 03:04 PM

1 posts, read 3,272 times
Default Stay out!

I'm from the area, and you don't want to be caught out after the sun goes down. At all... There's about 4 gangs operating withing Ft Defiance & Window Rock. And those places are small...

Old 06-29-2010, 05:01 PM

1 posts, read 3,228 times
Ok, I know I am late in answering, but I just now found the post. Maybe my answer will be helpful to someone else in the future..... I have lived in WINDOW ROCK EAST for a little over 3 yrs (on Rough Rock Dr). I have never had anything stolen or broke into. I did find a couple of neighbor hood kids (8 & 9 yrs old) playing with my grandkids toys, in the back yard, one day. They were not invited and we had not met their parents. I told them to leave & they did. Now I keep my garage door down & locked (no further problem). I would buy here again.
As far as "gangs" are concerned, they are everywhere in Tucson. And they go into any neighborhood they want to go into. We do have security but I rely more on my 95 lb German Shepherd & Mr Ruger for my security. Fortunately, I have never had to use either of them.
Our community is "gated" but the gate is like a lock. It will only keep out honest people.
As I said before, I would buy here again...............

Old 08-20-2010, 04:27 PM

1 posts, read 3,012 times
Sandman oo7: this is a Tucson subdivision of manufactured and modular homes. It's nowhere near Window Rock AZ. or Ft. Defiance. It's called "Window Rock East", like developers name other projects. There's a Yuma Blvd in Tucson as well, but it doesn't mean it's in Yuma. I wouldn't want to live where you described, it's just that this isn't the neighborhood you think it is.

I am considering several places in that complex. And just looked at a few places there a little over a month ago. It's out there near a cookie cutter subdivision of newer stick built houses and both it and the modular subdivision are clean and well cared for. Doesn't look gang infested or trashy as it's really in the middle of nowhere.

It worried me what I read here and put me off considering the place, but Window Rock AZ is not Window Rock East, 7202 S. Wilmot Road Tucson AZ. After investigating I won't hesitate.

There is more crime [gang activity, prostitution,drug sales,graffiti etc] in a week where I am living in the San Fernando Valley CA [nice little suburban houses in an area near Sepulveda Blvd] than could happen in a year in the WRE area. I don't think I'm going to worry about it.

Thanks wlkngtall. Should I move there, I hope to meet you. You live in a very nice subdivision. Looks like paradise to me.

Old 02-22-2011, 07:39 PM

1 posts, read 2,479 times
Default A very safe neighborhood.

Quote:

I live in Window Rock East. It is not on the "south side." It is on the east side of Tucson, which is a very safe part of town. The south side (the bad areas known for gang activity) is far south west Tucson, over 10 miles west of east Tucson. Window Rock East is a gated community with a lot of young families with children. Since its a gated community, it is very safe for children. It is very quiet since most of the surroundings are desert areas. We are located just behind Davis Monthan Air Force Base so there is also a lot of military families living in Window Rock East. It is walking distance to two gas station/mini markets for convenience. Its also less than a mile to the freeway so you can get to anywhere in Tucson in about 20 min. I've lived here over 10 years and couldn't be happier.

Old 02-22-2012, 01:36 PM

1 posts, read 1,599 times
Default Window Rock East

I'm sure glad I happened onto this site. We've purchased a home in WRE and are moving in March. We did all of our "due diligence" checking the neighborhood, police websites, etc., but it's good to hear from people who actually live in WRE. I was merely trying to locate the name of the HOA so I can call about gate remotes/access codes, etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson