Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-09-2009, 12:31 PM

2,916 posts, read 8,346,834 times

Advertisements

Dear Mr Tucson: Where have you been, bud? I sure miss your witty and informational posts about Tucson and its good (and bad) things. I, for one, do not feel that you need to continually check your ego at the city-data gates before you post! You have a unique and humorous way of presenting things to us, so please come back and let us enjoy you once again!
Here, dude... I'll give you an idea for your next post: I certainly love that the City of Tucson goes around periodically and covers up them big old potholes around town. How great of them! By the way, did they ever pull that "smart car" out of that one crater on Golf Links? Or was that a golf cart?

- Sincerely, Sorely Missing U!

Dear SMU: The City of Tucson and Pima County both get out there "every once in a while" in order to help prevent us from plummeting into these black holes... those dastardly depths of destruction! For sure, dude. However, they could certainly do a much better job of leveling out Valencia Road betwixt Alvernon and Littletown. That particular stretch of road will most assuredly knock your fillings loose, bro'! Why they felt like they needed to put all of them speed cameras on Wilmot and Valencia is beyond me. I mean like, I doubt if anybody will ever go faster than the posted speed of 50 there - because, dude, that road will shake vehicles into a pile of nuts and bolts before they ever fall into a pothole! Thanks for your support.
- Signed: Mr Tucson
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2009, 06:21 PM

514 posts, read 1,440,686 times
They are fixing pot holes?Could have fooled me,cause all I ever hit are these damn pot holes.Just waiting for a popped tire or bent rim.

Old 05-10-2009, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clnconcpts View Post
They are fixing pot holes?Could have fooled me,cause all I ever hit are these damn pot holes.Just waiting for a popped tire or bent rim.
I hear ya, CleanConceptions. I recently saw a bumper sticker which stated:

"If you don't like the way I drive - stay off the sidewalks!"

But, I guess the sidewalks are better to drive on than some of these pothole-ridden streets!

Old 05-10-2009, 06:29 PM

522 posts, read 1,568,469 times
I remember a few potholes when we were in Tucson. It reminded me of the ones here in Chi-town.
Attached Thumbnails
Pothole-free, vehicle-friendly streets once again in Tucson?-car-crashes-into-huge-sink-hole.jpg   Pothole-free, vehicle-friendly streets once again in Tucson?-pothole.jpg  

Old 05-11-2009, 07:57 AM

643 posts, read 2,053,304 times
Those have to be fake, SickOf!

No way....

Old 05-11-2009, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofIL View Post
I remember a few potholes when we were in Tucson. It reminded me of the ones here in Chi-town.
Hmmm... we'll probably never see craters like those in Tucson...

...but, then again, never say NEVER!

Old 05-11-2009, 06:51 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,134,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZonyPony View Post
Dear Mr Tucson: Where have you been, bud? I sure miss your witty and informational posts about Tucson and its good (and bad) things. I, for one, do not feel that you need to continually check your ego at the city-data gates before you post! You have a unique and humorous way of presenting things to us, so please come back and let us enjoy you once again!
There we go again...

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/__jFgOqdirR...the_back_1.jpg

I should get ya one of those for Christmas. Oh, wait... you're doing alright without it...

Old 05-11-2009, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
There we go again...

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/__jFgOqdirR...the_back_1.jpg

I should get ya one of those for Christmas. Oh, wait... you're doing alright without it...
Hey, Homegirl... where on planet earth have you been? Are you being your usual social butterfly self, flitting to-and-fro 'twixt one social event and another (flit, flit, flit)? Were you spirited away by some weird cult - are you guys looking skyward, awaiting the next comet? Are you still "down there" immersed in one of those, uh... "chick" forums? What?

Girl, we need your presence "up here" at least once in a quarter!

Old 05-11-2009, 08:45 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,134,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZonyPony View Post
Hey, Homegirl... where on planet earth have you been? Are you being your usual social butterfly self, flitting to-and-fro 'twixt one social event and another (flit, flit, flit)? Were you spirited away by some weird cult - are you guys looking skyward, awaiting the next comet? Are you still "down there" immersed in one of those, uh... "chick" forums? What?

Girl, we need your presence "up here" at least once in a quarter!
How sweet! Well, I do have good intentions occasionally, aka not wasting my time pecking on a keyboard. Nah, lately the uncommunicado mode has been applied across the board, but obviously this forum (being a local forum; nothing personal) is a lot more boring than others. I have to show up now and then, though, to keep YOU and your lil' ego in check!

Old 05-12-2009, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
How sweet! Well, I do have good intentions occasionally, aka not wasting my time pecking on a keyboard. Nah, lately the uncommunicado mode has been applied across the board, but obviously this forum (being a local forum; nothing personal) is a lot more boring than others. I have to show up now and then, though, to keep YOU and your lil' ego in check!
Very good. I can respect that. Take care then, and don't be a total stranger!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson
View detailed profiles of: