Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2009, 10:59 AM

33 posts, read 138,459 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradical32 View Post
But, the biggest complaint I hear is concerning the crime.
I have to say that the Pima County Sheriff's department is rather active at dealing with things (generally anyway... in our area).

Something that was a good lesson for me was doing a ride along with an officer. I'd recommend it for anyone that has never done it and it interests them in the least little bit. You'll learn quite a bit with just a few hours with them.

Old 02-03-2009, 11:10 AM

14 posts, read 30,830 times
Thanks for the imput ZonyPony, so I ask you, your true impressions of Tucson the pros and the cons.

Old 02-03-2009, 12:10 PM

2,916 posts, read 8,350,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradical32 View Post
Thanks for the imput ZonyPony, so I ask you, your true impressions of Tucson the pros and the cons.
Pros: I wuz born in South Tucson... lived there several years, and survived to tell about it... people still live and work there. Is it the greatest area today? Prolly not number one in anyone's book of paradise, but... HEY, if it ain't one's "cup of tequila", then go elsewhere...

Great historical area... Father Kino came here and built missions... John Dillinger came here and got captured - downtown at the Hotel Congress! All in the middle of the great Southwestern Arid Zone... "Where rarely is heard a discouraging word... where the quail and the rattlers play..."

The DESERT! The great and beautiful desert... where everybody from someplace else comes and plants their grass and their flowers and their trees from someplace else... then the desert sets right out to KILL their grass and their flowers and their trees from someplace else... and then they get mad because they just built their midwestern-type house here... and now they miss their four seasons and their home and family "back home"... and they can't wait to get outta town!

Cons? I personally have no cons, Brad. There are so many threads about the hate, hating and even more hatred of Tucson... but there are many who truly love Tucson as well. Take some more time and read 'em! Make up your own mind if the ones who say they hate Tucson were truly ever meant to stay here in the first place... or, if they were just one-hit wonders who came here during our beautiful winter season "and loved Disneyland during their vacation"! Or they got hit with the reality of our desert summers, or our culture, or lack thereof, or our crime, or our traffic, or our employment situation, or lack thereof... then wanted out! Or perhaps they had other personal agendas which never panned out for them... WHO knows?

The ones who stay here are the strong ones... they're the ones who make it work for them... they're the ones which truly fit into this particular environment... regardless of what Tucson or Arizona or the Southwest throws at them. That's the best I can give you...

The very best to you and yours, Brad!

Old 02-03-2009, 12:15 PM

602 posts, read 2,064,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZonyPony View Post
Pros: I wuz born in South Tucson... lived there several years, and survived to tell about it... people still live and work there. Is it the greatest area today? Prolly not number one in anyone's book of paradise, but... HEY, if it ain't one's "cup of tequila", then go elsewhere...

Great historical area... Father Kino came here and built missions... John Dillinger came here and got captured - downtown at the Hotel Congress! All in the middle of the great Southwestern Arid Zone... "Where rarely is heard a discouraging word... where the quail and the rattlers play..."

The DESERT! The great and beautiful desert... where everybody from someplace else comes and plants their grass and their flowers and their trees from someplace else... then the desert sets right out to KILL their grass and their flowers and their trees from someplace else... and then they get mad because they just built their midwestern-type house here... and now they miss their four seasons and their home and family "back home"... and they can't wait to get outta town!

Cons? I personally have no cons, Brad. There are so many threads about the hate, hating and even more hatred of Tucson... but there are many who truly love Tucson as well. Take some more time and read 'em! Make up your own mind if the ones who say they hate Tucson were truly ever meant to stay here in the first place... or, if they were just one-hit wonders who came here during our beautiful winter season "and loved Disneyland during their vacation"! Or they got hit with the reality of our desert summers, or our culture, or lack thereof, or our crime, or our traffic, or our employment situation, or lack thereof... then wanted out! Or perhaps they had other personal agendas which never panned out for them... WHO knows?

The ones who stay here are the strong ones... they're the ones who make it work for them... they're the ones which truly fit into this particular environment... regardless of what Tucson or Arizona or the Southwest throws at them. That's the best I can give you...

The very best to you and yours, Brad!
Our recent dustup nothwithstanding, very nicely put, ZP.

Old 02-03-2009, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by azhiker View Post
our recent dustup nothwithstanding, very nicely put, zp.
Brenda Lee
Lyrics to: "I'm Sorry":

"I'm sorry, so sorry
That I was such a fool
I didn't know
Love could be so cruel
Oh, oh, oh, oh
Uh, oh
Oh, yes

You tell me mistakes
Are part of being young
But that don't right
The wrong that's been done

Spoken:
(I'm sorry) I'm sorry
(So sorry) So sorry
Please accept my apology
But love is blind
And I was too blind to see
Oh, oh, oh, oh
Uh, oh
Oh, yes

You tell me mistakes
Are part of being young
But that don't right
Oh, oh, oh, oh
Uh, oh
Oh, yes

I'm sorry, so sorry
Please accept my apology
But love was blind
And I was too blind to see..."
(Sorry)

Old 02-03-2009, 01:01 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,162,128 times
Quote:
The ones who stay here are the strong ones...
That's for sure. As they say, what doesn't kill ya makes ya stronger!

Old 02-03-2009, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
That's for sure. As they say, what doesn't kill ya makes ya stronger!

Old 02-03-2009, 01:07 PM

602 posts, read 2,064,631 times
Quote:
Brenda Lee

"I'm sorry, so sorry
That I was such a fool
I didn't know
Love could be so cruel
Oh, oh, oh, oh
Uh, oh
Oh, yes

You tell me mistakes
Are part of being young
But that don't right

Spoken:
(I'm sorry) I'm sorry
(So sorry) So sorry
Please accept my apology
But love is blind
And I was too blind to see
Oh, oh, oh, oh
Uh, oh
Oh, yes

You tell me mistakes
Are part of being young
But that don't right
Oh, oh, oh, oh
Uh, oh
Oh, yes

I'm sorry, so sorry
Please accept my apology
But love was blind
And I was too blind to see..."
(Sorry)
Aw gowahn now, ya big galoot ya.

Old 02-06-2009, 10:34 PM

3,966 posts, read 10,699,583 times
Quote:
Brenda Lee
It burns ahhhhhhhhh

Old 02-07-2009, 08:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by w1ngzer0 View Post
It burns ahhhhhhhhh
Elvis Presley
Lyrics: "Burning Love"

"Lord almighty,
I feel my temperature rising
Higher higher
Its burning through to my soul

Girl, girl, girl
You gonna set me on fire
My brain is flaming
I dont know which way to go

Your kisses lift me higher
Like the sweet song of a choir
You light my morning sky
With burning love

Ooh, ooh, ooh,
I feel my temperature rising
Help me, Im flaming
I must be a hundred and nine
Burning, burning, burning
And nothing can cool me
I just might turn into smoke
But I feel fine

Cause your kisses lift me higher
Like a sweet song of a choir
And you light my morning sky
With burning love

Its coming closer
The flames are reaching my body
Please wont you help me
I feel like Im slipping away
Its hard to breath
And my chest is a-heaving

Lord almighty,
Im burning a hole where I lay
Cause your kisses lift me higher
Like the sweet song of a choir
You light my morning sky
With burning love
With burning love
Ah, ah, burning love
Im just a hunk, a hunk of burning love
Just a hunk, a hunk of burning love
Just a hunk, a hunk of burning love..."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson