U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
 
Old 10-24-2008, 09:58 PM
 
4 posts, read 46,541 times
Reputation: 19

Advertisements

For all you that are questioning how many gangs or who the gangs are in Tucson, here you go. I may have forgotten a few, these are all off the top of my head, and there may be a few smaller/new ones I missed. Approximate areas given from my research and stuff ive picked up from friends/colleagues, etc). Some of these boundaries may be extremely rough, but most of them are pretty close, if there is any other law enforcement that wants to chime in go ahead)

-Western Hills Posse Bloods (S of 36th E of Kino PKWY to Country Club (by Utterback); also some activity around 29th ST/Swan)
- Barrio Vista Bloods ( S of 36th E of Kino PKWY to Country Club (by Utterback) )
- 36th Street (Tre Six Bloods) (36th and Kino Area)
- South Park Family Gangsters (bloods) ( 36th and Park Ave area)
- Southside Blood Gang (unsure exact location)
- South Side Posse Bloods (various areas around Valencia and 12th ave)
- South Palo Verde Bloods (southside off Palo Verde road/ Valencia/Irvington)
- Mission Manor Park Bloods (between Irvington/valencia off of 12th ave)
- Edith Street Posse Bloods ( North of Grant between Country Club and Alvernon)
- East Side Posse Bloods ( spread out, but I know some live between 22nd and 29th around Craycroft Swan, etc)
- 29th Street Bloods (29th street, approx Craycroft to alvernon)
- V12 Bloods (valencia/12th)
- Midvale Park Blood Gang (Mission to Midvale Park, North of Valencia south of Irvington)
- Eastside Crips (Golf Links and Kolb area spreading out as far as Santa Rita HS)
- 29th street Crips (29th street spreading from Kolb to Craycroft?)
- Northside Crips ( NW side of town Orange Grove La Cholla?)
- 4th Avenue Sugar Hill Crips (Speedway to Grant, 1st Ave to 6th ave)
- Westside Crips ( Spread out over westside of town, from Cholla high south)
- Jollyville Crips ( Small hood located north of speedway, south of grant, east of silverbell)
-12th Avenue Crips( southside 12th ave area)
- Southside Loco Crips ( both sides of irvington, west of campbell east of park)
- A Mountain Crips (area just east/ SE of Cholla High School)
- 10th Ave PJ's Crips (North of 22nd of 10th avenue, just south of downtown by Drachman elementary)
- Menlo Park Crips ( South of St Marys road, west of 1-10 )
- Barrio Loco Crips (unsure)
- Littletown Crips (Littletown neighborhood)
- Southside Crips/ Bilby Street Crips (Irvington to valencia, Campbell to Old Nogales HWY)
- Manzanita Park Lynch Mob Crips ( Mission to Cardinal, South of irvington north of Drexel Rd.)
- Surenos (located in various parts but primarily southside)
- Sur 13 Easy Riders (unsure, Southside)
- Eastside Brown Pride (all over eastside)
- Southside Brown Pride (all over southside, possibly north of valencia and 12th/6th ave area)
- Northside Chicanos (north of grant, south of Ft Lowell, 1st ave to Stone)
- Barrio Chicano Southside (42nd street to irvington, 6th to 12th ave)
- Barrio Libre South Tucson (City of South Tucson)
- Barrio Nuevo Loco (primarily by the Pascua Yaqui reservation)
- Barrio Santa Rosa (north of 22nd south of downtown)
- Barrio Viejo (same as above)
- Westside Barrio Hollywood ( St Marys to speedway, 1-10 to silverbell)
- Westside Barrio Sovaco (speedway to grant, 1-10 to silverbell)
- Westside Barrio Anita (speedway to 6th street, 1-10 to oracle/main)
- Barrio Kroeger Lane (North of 22nd, just west of 1-10)
- Barrio Centro (south of 22nd street, country club to aviation)
- Barrio Vista Brown Pride ( South of 36th street, Kino to Country Club)
- OP1 (Old Pascua) (North of speedway, to grant, 1-10 to oracle (by the movie theatre)
- Barrio Blue Moon ( same as above, but more towards speedway)
- 22 St Tiny Dukes (NW side of town Orange Grove up to Cortaro farms 1-10 to La Cholla)
- Brown Mexican Pride (southside, unsure approx territories)

Last edited by ILL23MATIC; 10-24-2008 at 10:42 PM..

 
Old 10-24-2008, 10:25 PM
 
Location: Tucson
42,843 posts, read 54,814,416 times
Reputation: 22810
Guess it all depends on your own social circles. I never had the need to know of any of these gangs and I'm pretty sure I'll continue living without this knowledge just fine.
 
Old 10-24-2008, 10:47 PM
 
4 posts, read 46,541 times
Reputation: 19
Well Sierra, you don't need to know them to be a victim. Knowledge is power, no matter what it is
 
Old 10-24-2008, 11:00 PM
 
Location: Tucson
42,843 posts, read 54,814,416 times
Reputation: 22810
Quote:
Originally Posted by ILL23MATIC View Post
Well Sierra, you don't need to know them to be a victim. Knowledge is power, no matter what it is
I don't mind the info you posted... all info is good and I'm not saying you can't happen to be in the wrong place at the wrong time (granted, there was one shooting even in Park Mall), but the gangs are really not most people's concern unless they're involved in these activities or are unfortunate to live around them.
 
Old 10-25-2008, 12:26 AM
 
602 posts, read 1,268,052 times
Reputation: 392
Quote:
Originally Posted by ILL23MATIC View Post
For all you that are questioning how many gangs or who the gangs are in Tucson, here you go. I may have forgotten a few, these are all off the top of my head, and there may be a few smaller/new ones I missed. Approximate areas given from my research and stuff ive picked up from friends/colleagues, etc). Some of these boundaries may be extremely rough, but most of them are pretty close, if there is any other law enforcement that wants to chime in go ahead)

-Western Hills Posse Bloods (S of 36th E of Kino PKWY to Country Club (by Utterback); also some activity around 29th ST/Swan)
- Barrio Vista Bloods ( S of 36th E of Kino PKWY to Country Club (by Utterback) )
- 36th Street (Tre Six Bloods) (36th and Kino Area)
- South Park Family Gangsters (bloods) ( 36th and Park Ave area)
- Southside Blood Gang (unsure exact location)
- South Side Posse Bloods (various areas around Valencia and 12th ave)
- South Palo Verde Bloods (southside off Palo Verde road/ Valencia/Irvington)
- Mission Manor Park Bloods (between Irvington/valencia off of 12th ave)
- Edith Street Posse Bloods ( North of Grant between Country Club and Alvernon)
- East Side Posse Bloods ( spread out, but I know some live between 22nd and 29th around Craycroft Swan, etc)
- 29th Street Bloods (29th street, approx Craycroft to alvernon)
- V12 Bloods (valencia/12th)
- Midvale Park Blood Gang (Mission to Midvale Park, North of Valencia south of Irvington)
- Eastside Crips (Golf Links and Kolb area spreading out as far as Santa Rita HS)
- 29th street Crips (29th street spreading from Kolb to Craycroft?)
- Northside Crips ( NW side of town Orange Grove La Cholla?)
- 4th Avenue Sugar Hill Crips (Speedway to Grant, 1st Ave to 6th ave)
- Westside Crips ( Spread out over westside of town, from Cholla high south)
- Jollyville Crips ( Small hood located north of speedway, south of grant, east of silverbell)
-12th Avenue Crips( southside 12th ave area)
- Southside Loco Crips ( both sides of irvington, west of campbell east of park)
- A Mountain Crips (area just east/ SE of Cholla High School)
- 10th Ave PJ's Crips (North of 22nd of 10th avenue, just south of downtown by Drachman elementary)
- Menlo Park Crips ( South of St Marys road, west of 1-10 )
- Barrio Loco Crips (unsure)
- Littletown Crips (Littletown neighborhood)
- Southside Crips/ Bilby Street Crips (Irvington to valencia, Campbell to Old Nogales HWY)
- Manzanita Park Lynch Mob Crips ( Mission to Cardinal, South of irvington north of Drexel Rd.)
- Surenos (located in various parts but primarily southside)
- Sur 13 Easy Riders (unsure, Southside)
- Eastside Brown Pride (all over eastside)
- Southside Brown Pride (all over southside, possibly north of valencia and 12th/6th ave area)
- Northside Chicanos (north of grant, south of Ft Lowell, 1st ave to Stone)
- Barrio Chicano Southside (42nd street to irvington, 6th to 12th ave)
- Barrio Libre South Tucson (City of South Tucson)
- Barrio Nuevo Loco (primarily by the Pascua Yaqui reservation)
- Barrio Santa Rosa (north of 22nd south of downtown)
- Barrio Viejo (same as above)
- Westside Barrio Hollywood ( St Marys to speedway, 1-10 to silverbell)
- Westside Barrio Sovaco (speedway to grant, 1-10 to silverbell)
- Westside Barrio Anita (speedway to 6th street, 1-10 to oracle/main)
- Barrio Kroeger Lane (North of 22nd, just west of 1-10)
- Barrio Centro (south of 22nd street, country club to aviation)
- Barrio Vista Brown Pride ( South of 36th street, Kino to Country Club)
- OP1 (Old Pascua) (North of speedway, to grant, 1-10 to oracle (by the movie theatre)
- Barrio Blue Moon ( same as above, but more towards speedway)
- 22 St Tiny Dukes (NW side of town Orange Grove up to Cortaro farms 1-10 to La Cholla)
- Brown Mexican Pride (southside, unsure approx territories)
Wow. This is the sort of gang pervasiveness that you'd expect in some Third World cesspool. Sickening.
 
Old 10-25-2008, 01:15 AM
 
Location: USA
3,971 posts, read 6,236,421 times
Reputation: 2105
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandoval View Post

So much of Tucson is tagged up by the gangs. Tucson is basically Gangland Graffitiville. The city looks real nice when you are driving by on Interstate 10. In fact it looks actually beautiful with the mountain backdrops. The problem starts when you start trying to get around Tucson.

T
lol... it is? I lived on Prince and never had any problems. I'd drive on the west side towards Phoenix neighborhoods, driving to houses and trailer parks. All i saw were old people. This was in the middle of the night mind you. I'd go to waffle house at 4AM with all the homeless or addicts. They never bugged me or touched my car. I drove a 2005 Subaru Impreza.

The only thing i don't like are those sneaky Tucson cops. They blend in so well with the houses its ridiculous. Oh hello speeding ticket hahaha.

Russia, USA, Japan, Australia. Go anywhere in the world and you find some sort of organized crime.

My grandparents live on the east side near park place mall. Again, never any problems.

Went to house parties in south Tucson, east of downtown. Lots of empty lots and new homes, but never any problems.

Worked at 5 - 11 AM cleaning bars. My car was never broken into, never bothered, ect.

There are major gang's everywhere, freaking out about it doesn't help anything and keeps you in a confined area like they want.
 
Old 10-25-2008, 07:49 AM
 
1,327 posts, read 1,605,162 times
Reputation: 747
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
but the gangs are really not most people's concern unless they're involved in these activities or are unfortunate to live around them.
Gang activity is everyone's concern. Valuable police resources are used to fight drug distribution, burglaries, murders, and vandalism to name a few. Their impact is community wide and you don't have to live next to them to be affected, directly or indirectly.
 
Old 10-25-2008, 10:05 AM
 
Location: Tucson
42,843 posts, read 54,814,416 times
Reputation: 22810
Quote:
Originally Posted by actinic View Post
Gang activity is everyone's concern. Valuable police resources are used to fight drug distribution, burglaries, murders, and vandalism to name a few. Their impact is community wide and you don't have to live next to them to be affected, directly or indirectly.
I'm not saying having gangs is lovely. Almost every city on the face of the Earth has organized crime. We can't all live in Monaco. I was just saying that his long list (which IS very helpful) again shows parts of town well known for these activities for years (almost every place mentioned overlaps with the crime maps that are public info). Again, every sizable city has them and people avoid them. Nothing Tucson-specific or new under the Sun.
 
Old 10-25-2008, 11:09 AM
 
602 posts, read 1,268,052 times
Reputation: 392
The gangs, and the graffiti are far more numerous now than they were 10 years ago. It's a reflection of changing demographics.

That said. I still love it here.
 
Old 10-28-2008, 12:21 AM
 
52 posts, read 132,633 times
Reputation: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by odinloki1 View Post
I completely disagree I lived just outside Detroit and went to Cleveland all the time. I'll walk around any part of there before I go drive in South Tucson. Also the parks and shorelines are great in both of those cities as well as a much better culture (or multitude of cultures) here its 1 culture southwest/hispanic, and thats it. You can enjoy the outdoors more of the year (November-April here before the sun starts killing things and March-November there before it gets a little too cold) and if you wear a coat, the outdoors there won't kill you like it will here.

I go hiking regularly in the mountains and I'll happily trade that to be able to go out with a kayak on Lake Erie or Lake Huron whenever I like.

Oh yeah Detroit and Cleveland won't ever run out of water..... common sense, that is also more beautiful.

Alas all the retirees move down here to suck a few more years out of their lives and I'm stuck here because of the economy. So I will complain.
As someone who lives in another Rust Belt city (Pittsburgh), I have to say that I'd rather be here anyday than Tucson. I just returned from a vacation there and was really disappointed. Sure, the natural environment was beautiful with all the mountains and vegetation. But I was underwhelmed by the city itself. In fact, I couldn't really find downtown. There are hardly any tall buildings, making the place look more like a small city. Tuscon suffers from urban sprawl like nothing I've ever seen before. I thought the endless stripmalls, restaurants, big box stores, hotels and other retail businesses would never end. That's one notable difference between cities in the south and southwest versus those in the northeast: they are far more spread out. I'm more partial to compact cities that actually feel metropolitan, not like one gigantic office park.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram


Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top