Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2009, 05:07 PM

55 posts, read 141,848 times

Advertisements

Anyone have any recommendations on good apartment complexes in relatively safe areas? Right now I'm looking at Mountain Vista, Las Palmas, and Sonoran Terrace. Suggestions welcomed!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2009, 05:25 PM

602 posts, read 2,063,550 times
Well, I see that Sonoran Terrace is on the NW side, so if you're looking up there, Rock Ridge Apartments in Oro Valley, right on Oracle are very nice, and very reasonably priced. Very safe area too.

Old 05-18-2009, 12:23 AM

415 posts, read 1,680,902 times
Are you "here"? We have a magazine called apartment finder. Do you have access to it? I could mail you one if you are interested.

Old 05-18-2009, 01:45 AM

474 posts, read 1,066,863 times
How nice of you! But, do they rate the safe areas. Maybe she would have better luck talking to a real person who has lived in, or is living in, some of the "specific" places she mentioned? Goodness knows, she has given us enough info that someone ought to be able to help. I would, but I know nothing about the places she mentioned.

Old 05-18-2009, 02:00 AM

10,949 posts, read 1,307,984 times
Oh check out Veranda at Ventana.Ventana Canyon.I love that area.It's so pretty.People on here are very nice and so helpful.I didn't even ask for myself when i ask for help.Back then i ask for a friend.

Old 05-18-2009, 06:51 AM

Thanks for your replies. I'm not physically there yet - leaving tomorrow and should be there by the end of this week. I'm totally flexible as to location as long as it's safe and not over 700/month for a 1 bedroom. I was hoping someone who actually lives in an apartment community in tucson could chime in - or do you all own your own homes already

Old 05-18-2009, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado of Souls View Post
...I'm totally flexible as to location as long as it's safe and not over 700/month for a 1 bedroom. I was hoping someone who actually lives in an apartment community in tucson could chime in - or do you all own your own homes already
I live at Rock Ridge, and I'm chiming in. It's a very nice place and a very good value.

Old 05-18-2009, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by azhiker View Post
I live at Rock Ridge, and I'm chiming in. It's a very nice place and a very good value.
Thanks for your reply. Maybe one day we'll run into each other, I'm planning on going to see this place over the weekend

Old 05-18-2009, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado of Souls View Post
Thanks for your reply. Maybe one day we'll run into each other, I'm planning on going to see this place over the weekend
Tornado of Souls,

If you are coming here soon, if you go to either ForRent dot com, or ApartmentsForRent dot com, and you set up your appointment through them, there is some financial incentive to you for having gone through them. Can't remember how much.

Just a heads up.

Old 05-19-2009, 12:19 AM

415 posts, read 1,680,902 times
The problem is and always will be that "safety" is very subjective. I have raised the question on countless other threads. What does "safe" mean to each OP? I always give the example that I was raised outside of NYC. What is safe to me may not be safe to others. Am I OK with the occasional burglary, homicide, vandalism, etc? Well maybe. How do we know any OP's concept of safe? Could it be that no form of felonies are accepted but misdemeanors are? Perhaps not even graffiti is acceptable?

This OP is looking for "recommendations on good apartment complexes in relatively safe areas" and has specifically chosen a few. I think it is great when people can chime in with their first hand knowledge, but how do you answer a question like that?

A combination of first hand knowledge AND checking out the stats on the TPD website (which even there, it is only reported crimes). Then, OP can determine their own level of perceived safety. There are some beautiful complexes around Tucson. Just do your due diligence and you will find one that meets your needs. Use all of the sources available!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson