U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2009, 10:37 PM

3,414 posts, read 4,854,080 times
Default good people here on the Tucson sub-forum.....

you know who you are

despite occasional by-the-book types complaining that threads are hijacked (can you imagine?), it seems like there is a bunch of helpful people here in the Tucson group willing to help out with the inevitable "where should I move" questions and all that.....

good to have the reliable few here who can have fun at the same time

I look in at the Phx forum a lot and, while it is about four times busier (gee, matches the four times the population thing, too), it is just a little bit stiffer and more efficient....not at all bad/uptight (it is Arizona), but not quite as fun.....they have a great "what I remember about old Phoenix" thread with awesome memories from oldtimers......

just sayin'.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2009, 10:41 PM

42,846 posts, read 53,365,951 times
Glad you like our lil' sandbox! To be honest, I wouldn't waste my time on a stiff forum. I have every desire to help people with what I can, but if I'm not left alone to also have fun, I wouldn't stick around.

Old 06-19-2009, 09:41 AM

1,389 posts, read 2,182,898 times
Did someone mention hijacked threads? I am pretty good at that!

Old 06-19-2009, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chorizo View Post
Did someone mention hijacked threads? I am pretty good at that!
You're getting there, but it still will take some work to catch up with the seasoned winners!

Old 06-19-2009, 09:47 AM

1,389 posts, read 2,182,898 times
Whoa now - just because I have not been on the City Data forums for as long as some of you - does not mean I do not know what I am doing when it comes to forum hijacking and trolling.

Thanks

Old 06-19-2009, 10:41 AM

100 posts, read 182,413 times
Quote:
despite occasional by-the-book types complaining that threads are hijacked (can you imagine?)
Hey, now! I do it with a smiley face at the end! Hopefully that lets people know that I don't really care. I just like being a pain in the you know what.

I'm definitely not a by-the-book type. I like to break the rules!

Old 06-19-2009, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.A. View Post
You should stick around then!

Old 06-19-2009, 02:38 PM

2,916 posts, read 5,016,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by azdr0710 View Post
you know who you are

despite occasional by-the-book types complaining that threads are hijacked (can you imagine?), it seems like there is a bunch of helpful people here in the Tucson group willing to help out with the inevitable "where should I move" questions and all that.....

good to have the reliable few here who can have fun at the same time

I look in at the Phx forum a lot and, while it is about four times busier (gee, matches the four times the population thing, too), it is just a little bit stiffer and more efficient....not at all bad/uptight (it is Arizona), but not quite as fun.....they have a great "what I remember about old Phoenix" thread with awesome memories from oldtimers......

just sayin'.....
Thanx, azdr! I've been enjoying your positive approach!

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.A. View Post
Hey, now! I do it with a smiley face at the end! Hopefully that lets people know that I don't really care. I just like being a pain in the you know what.

Welcome to the fray, M.A.!

Old 06-19-2009, 03:25 PM

3,414 posts, read 4,854,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZonyPony View Post
Thanx, azdr! I've been enjoying your positive approach!

give me a few more weeks of answering the omnipresent "where should I move/what are good areas/what are bad areas" threads and I'll be a good ol' grump and grouch

Old 06-19-2009, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by azdr0710 View Post
give me a few more weeks of answering the omnipresent "where should I move/what are good areas/what are bad areas" threads and I'll be a good ol' grump and grouch
Those I no longer bother with unless somebody has specific questions. I'm not about to type a general essay every time some lazy bum doesn't even feel like scrolling down the page and/or search and read what has been said umpteen times. And we're talking about HIS/HER question or problem, not MINE!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson