Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-12-2008, 11:14 PM

20,460 posts, read 26,319,675 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by actinic View Post
Where did the poster imply that he 'hangs with' a bad crowd?

Perhaps he's simply run across more people fitting the description by virtue he's been (a) around longer and (b) gets around more (as opposed to working at home for instance).
No.

NO city in the country is made up mostly of "criminals, scam artists, a "wannabe" inspirator, poorly educated, homeless, and high on drugs." Certain PARTS of any given city might meet that description, but NOT an entire city.

That is either wild exaggeration or the poster hangs with a bad crowd.

Ken

Old 12-13-2008, 12:12 PM

1,433 posts, read 2,981,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
No.

NO city in the country is made up mostly of "criminals, scam artists, a "wannabe" inspirator, poorly educated, homeless, and high on drugs." Certain PARTS of any given city might meet that description, but NOT an entire city.

That is either wild exaggeration or the poster hangs with a bad crowd.
Wild exaggeration or bad crowd, huh?

OK, I vote wild exaggeration, thus no bad crowd as stated before.

Old 12-13-2008, 12:15 PM

20,460 posts, read 26,319,675 times
Quote:
Wild exaggeration or bad crowd, huh?

OK, I vote wild exaggeration, thus no bad crowd as stated before.
Fair enough.

Ken

Old 12-13-2008, 12:51 PM

1,222 posts, read 5,017,881 times
Quote:
Where did the poster imply that he 'hangs with' a bad crowd?

Perhaps he's simply run across more people fitting the description by virtue he's been (a) around longer and (b) gets around more (as opposed to working at home for instance).
Just because I work from home does not mean that I never leave the house. And while I haven't been here long enough to develop the hatred that would influence my screen name, that doesn't mean I haven't seen enough of this city to know that there are bad areas and bad people. I'd love to find a city that doesn't. But, you know, I don't make it a habit of hanging around those places/people long enough to let it jade me into thinking the majority of the city is comprised of junkies, scam artists, etc.

Old 12-13-2008, 06:27 PM

522 posts, read 1,568,469 times
One interesting note, I just looked in two lists online and it shows the same rating for Chicago as Tucson for all crime for 2008.

Old 12-16-2008, 01:45 AM

422 posts, read 1,271,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofIL View Post
One interesting note, I just looked in two lists online and it shows the same rating for Chicago as Tucson for all crime for 2008.
Could you please post the links?

Thank you

Old 12-17-2008, 10:02 AM

175 posts, read 606,976 times
Every city in the US has crime-and once again, if you hate Tucson so much why live there ? 10 reasons to stay/move to Tucson in no particular order..

10-lots of things to do
9-many parks and walking trails
8-shopping options galore
7-eclectic mix of people
6-street fairs
5-University of Arizona and a good education
4-affordable living (depends on a lot of factors, though)
3-friendly people- for some reason the sun makes people cheerier
2-sunsets-mountians-desert has it's own beauty
1-I don't have to shovel sunshine

While I'm sure there's people out there ready to slam me and these choices- I fully know the down-side of Tucson

10-not much winter(some people hate that)
9-low average wages
8-crazy drivers
7-30 miles to drive about anywhere
6-yes, skin cancer-that's why they invented sunsreen
5-very unorganized city council
4-people don't want to get involved
3-costs can be expensive compared to wages-(housing-food-gas, etc.)-but don't have to be.
2-gangs gangs and more gangs
1-crime is indeed an issue.

So-I plan on moving back one day-I lived in Tucson for over 10 years. I still say it's not perfect-it's not
for everyone's tastes or liking-but I'd rather live in Tucson than in Phoenix. I love visiting Phoenix-but to live among those millions has to be similar to living in LA. Everyplace has it's pluses and minuses. So if you hate it there in Tucson-leave. If you like it-then put some positive posts on this site to show people Tucson isn't the cesspool some would like you to believe it is. I lived in a 2 bedroom apartment with almost 1200 sq feet for $600 a month which INCLUDED utilities. That same place is now $780 a month-so yes, costs go up everywhere-show me a city where the cost-of-living is actually going down. But I don't think that's the case anywhere.

Old 12-17-2008, 11:38 AM

522 posts, read 1,568,469 times
I'll look for the sites I found that data. I cleared my cache and don't have the history files anymore. (I do it every few days along with other disc clean-up and maintenance)

Old 12-31-2008, 10:40 AM

28 posts, read 71,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manicbht View Post
Ya I would have stayed in Michigan....Had a free trip offered to me at a point in my life when I needed a change. Been out here almost 5 years now and it seems that 80% of the folks in Tucson are or should be in a mental health program. It is very hard to make new friends....It seems like everyone that you meet out here is hiding out and does not want to be noticed. Other major American cities tend to ship their homless out here so that they do not freeze to death which creates a severe surplus of folks demanding money, cigarettes, Ect. The illegals and the drug trade they have going on here are crazy.....Home invasions, car thefts. Pretty much if you have mexican plates on your car you never get pulled over for anything, the police do not want to waste the time on some one who they know will never show up for court. The Snowbirds that drive massive luxury cars at 20 miles under the posted speed limit. Man....If you want a new life........move to Phoenix...or Seattle......OH Yes there is also NO CROSS TOWN FREEWAY like other cities! It can take you almost 2 hours to get accross town some days.And the bike riders that think they have the right of way and ride anyplace they want SHEESH
At the risk of sounding like a basher... I agree.

Old 12-31-2008, 12:55 PM

28 posts, read 71,345 times
Arizona

Teeheehee
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson