Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-17-2009, 08:43 PM

4,978 posts, read 9,514,655 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Don't worry, dear! We're already about 20 miles from each other! Soon enough we'll be one gigantic AZ sprawl.
That's so true with how big Mesa is getting.

I'm farther north...it's wide open up here. That's what I like about it. I can go to Lowe's and then be in an open area.

I don't think Tucson is bad. I think any city can be enjoyable if you have a decent income. It's that economic situation that can make or break it.

Old 05-17-2009, 08:51 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,162,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nebulous1 View Post
That's so true with how big Mesa is getting.

I'm farther north...it's wide open up here. That's what I like about it. I can go to Lowe's and then be in an open area.

I don't think Tucson is bad. I think any city can be enjoyable if you have a decent income. It's that economic situation that can make or break it.
You know, once the I-10 mess is finished (if it ever is; and it's not only in Tucson), it might take me less time to make it to Phoenix than to some parts of Tucson taking the surface streets! And I live in SE Tucson, not NW!

I was in Phoenix recently and clocked it. From 60 & I-10 it took me 1 h 15 min to get to Marana - with quite a bit of construction work around Picacho Peak and not asking for tickets!

Old 05-17-2009, 08:52 PM

474 posts, read 1,067,223 times
actinic & azteacher

It is futile to try and enlighten some of these posters. It reminds me of one of my favorite songs.

". . . they did not listen, they're not listening still. Perhaps they never will."

Old 05-17-2009, 10:13 PM

1 posts, read 2,652 times
This is great stuff! I also read that Tucson is a transgender friendly city. Can anybody comment on that?

Old 05-17-2009, 10:38 PM

2 posts, read 3,553 times
1- The city is a SH*THOLE, only the FAR east, west, and north sides are nice. Almost everything in between and all of south Tucson are filled with crappy houses (people here don't like to do yardwork), tons of homeless people, sketchy looking chollos, streets have tons of cracks and potholes (it's probably been 40 years since they were repaved).

2- INSANE CRIME RATE! The Violent crime rate in Tucson is 1.53 percent higher than the national average. The Property crime rate is 2.08 percent higher than the national average!!!

3- NO FREEWAYS! This is just stupid! it takes a freaking hour to drive across the city.

4- HORRIBLE DRIVERS! This city is full of old people that drive too slow and illegal immigrants who drive slow in fear of getting pulled over. From what iv'e seen the average speed in Tucson is probably 5MPH UNDER the speed limit.

5- Stupid city planners/workers. It takes the city 30 years to do 10 feet of construction. It takes 6 months for emergency crews to clear an accident on the I-10 or city streets. The layout of this city is retarded WHY THE F*CK DOES ONE STREET HAVE 3 DIFFERENT NAMES (Ina, Skyline, Sunrise) this makes no f8cking sense and it's like that all over Tucson. Why is the speed limit on SPEEDWAY 35?!?! it's three f8cking lanes!

6- It's too hot! You never get used to 100 plus degree weather I don't care who tells you otherwise. Spring only lasts about 2 days here.

7- High Skin Cancer risk

8- No major waterparks. Phoenix has 3.

9- The school system is a joke

10- Overall this city is both depressing to be in, and look at, unless you can afford to live in one of the few nicer areas.

Old 05-18-2009, 12:59 AM

TPC240-If that doesn't describe this place to a tee, I don't know what does. It echoes my thoughts exactly. The only things I might add to it: to go with #s 3 & 5-By the time they get this mess finished, the freeway will probably already be obsolete. #6-Way too hoooooot! Triple digit weather lasts from May until October. At least in humid places, evaporation cools you off slightly, and there is always a lake, river, or stream to jump into. #7-And have you seen what the skin of older ladies who golf and play tennis here looks like? A football, and not the modern pretty light tan ones, but one of those old-school, ugly, hard, thick, dark brown ones. And speaking of footballs; no professional football team, baseball team, or basketball team. And no domed stadium, or large arena. No Six Flags, Sea World, or other amusement parks. #9-That one speaks for itself. #10-If I had lots of money I'd move somewhere that has everything this podunk, junction town is missing.

This place needs to be dragged kicking and screaming into the 21st century. And, what about the only local newspaper, has anyone even mentioned this anywhere. 100 yr. old+ paper folding. No more local paper for Tucson. Oh well, maybe we will get a town crier, God knows, we have enough village oafs.

One final thought for this post-Saying that spring lasts two days here would be funny, if it weren't so true.

Last edited by bellringer; 05-18-2009 at 01:17 AM..

Old 05-18-2009, 01:16 AM

I'm not trying to say there aren't some nice things about this place, which I'm not going to list here, because we all know what they are and they don't belong in this thread. They belong in the 10 Reasons To Move To Tucson thread. In addition; to quote one of the other posters here, these subjects have been discussed "ad nauseum." Also, many on this forum make out like I think I'm smarter than everyone; which by the way I don't, I did not spend my formative educational years in Tucson schools. Why should I have to dummy down my posts?

Last edited by bellringer; 05-18-2009 at 01:34 AM..

Old 05-18-2009, 01:23 AM

9,894 posts, read 22,025,302 times
My cousin lives in Tuscon. Even though its a oven from may-oct she still loves it. I like cool summer nights in the 60,s like here in yucaipa,ca compared to 70,s-80,s in the desert. Why anyone would want to live in a climate with triple digit temps from may-oct ill never understand. ALOT of the people in tucson have leathery skin due to the exposure to the hot desert sun. NOT a pretty sight.

Old 05-18-2009, 01:29 AM

Roymayka-I can't really comment on the transgender thing, but there are many unfriendly people in this town, and on this forum. I have some cool, progressive, interesting friends(a real mix of different types of people). Some are native Arizonans, but the majority of them have come from other places.

Old 05-18-2009, 01:49 AM

9,894 posts, read 22,025,302 times
This is a intresting thread & tucson is a city ill visit but not live. Its hot/dry enough here in so.ca/inland.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson