U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Unread 07-09-2009, 03:35 PM

13,020 posts, read 14,424,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by liloo View Post
Wow! I hope I get to see a tarantula when I finally make it to Tucson. I might poop myself just a little bit, but still, how cool is it to live in a place where you see that?!
Over 25 years ago, I was driving to Tucson from Florence down AZ 77 ( a lovely way to go to Tucson, if time is not of the essence and you are headed for the northwest side of town anyway). I was probably more than halfway there, deserted highway. From a distance I could see something walking across the road. I slowed, interested to see what it might be. It was an IMMENSE tarantula. I passed by in such a way as to let him continue on his way across the road. Very cool. I've never seen another one in the wild.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Unread 07-09-2009, 03:43 PM

1,389 posts, read 2,031,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
We didn't ask for your picture, did we...
You make me sad.

http://dogsounds.files.wordpress.com.../sad20face.jpg

Unread 07-09-2009, 03:43 PM

1,122 posts, read 602,151 times
Now find a scorpion and watch them greet each other.. YIKES.
have you had the privilage to be greeted by a "Vin a ga roon" looks like a scorp without the tail.
I hate em all !! But the big "T" wont bother you, and keep the other buggers away. Except for Jorge the Javalina and his relatives. Bad Attitudes!

Unread 07-09-2009, 03:47 PM

42,853 posts, read 49,305,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chorizo View Post
You make me sad.
Idunno about that... These bloodshot eyes look mean, not sad, to me.

Unread 07-09-2009, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Idunno about that... These bloodshot eyes look mean, not sad, to me.
Bloodshot from crying!

Unread 07-09-2009, 03:57 PM

20 posts, read 21,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado of Souls View Post
LOL it's a tarantula. I thought they were common here, I'm new to Tucson so I'm not sure. I admit I almost wet myself.
Sorry to contradict, but I live 40 miles west of Tucson and Tarantula's are very hairy and larger and all black. No yellow whatsoever. True, they will not bother you but they look like something out of a horror movie.

Unread 07-09-2009, 04:01 PM

4,116 posts, read 1,884,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado of Souls View Post
So I come home yesterday afternoon, approach my front door and almost fall over.

http://imgur.com/y1iS2.jpg

http://imgur.com/ou6hI.jpg

I left him alone.

What the F**k is that? I would of gotten a massive stroke right there. I hate bugs, flies, insects, rodents are the absolute worse YUCK!!!!! Your a brave soul but what if it comes INSIDE your home?

Unread 07-09-2009, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dutchman09 View Post
Sorry to contradict, but I live 40 miles west of Tucson and Tarantula's are very hairy and larger and all black. No yellow whatsoever. True, they will not bother you but they look like something out of a horror movie.

Coloring and the amount of hair will depend on the species, age and sex of the tarantula.

Size of course is going to depend on age. I've seen small tarantulas whose bodies were about the size of a June bug.

Unread 07-09-2009, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by e.ortega View Post
What the F**k is that? I would of gotten a massive stroke right there. I hate bugs, flies, insects, rodents are the absolute worse YUCK!!!!! Your a brave soul but what if it comes INSIDE your home?
Pick it up and take it back outside!

Unread 07-09-2009, 04:05 PM

42,853 posts, read 49,305,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by e.ortega View Post
Take it easy...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $74,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson