Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2009, 10:28 PM

21 posts, read 75,427 times

Advertisements

Only today I recieved an email which stated that William J. Mahoney, C.M., then rector of that seminary, and Francis J. Green, then bishop of the Diocese of Tucson, administered Extreme Unction to the inhabitant/pilot of the craft while, or after, he died and supervised the burial between the administration building of the seminary and what became the bishop's residence on the grounds. It is said to be on a grassy ellipse.
I do not know whether to credit the story which is so rich in details. Personally, I do not know whether to believe any of it, but who are we to say.
The correspondent states that he believes the records are in the diocesan archives and that one of the documents dated September 17, 1960, relates that the "body suggested that it was unlikely to be of this earth."
Another document states, allegedly, that the being's body was baptized before it was given the Last Rites.
You be the judge and jury. This has weighed heavily upon me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2009, 09:07 AM

1,389 posts, read 3,533,313 times
Where are these documents located?

Old 07-14-2009, 10:14 AM

21 posts, read 75,427 times
Default location

I was told that some are in the diocesan archives, but, if they are, I suppose they are in "secret" archives. I can't believe, if there is any truth to this, that the records are accessible by people like you and me in the archives of the Catholic Diocese of Tucson. I have tried to keep an open mind about contact with extraterrestrials. I can't believe that we are alone in a vast universe, but most of these stories are nonsense. Then again, any true contact would seem stranger to us than European man first seemed to the native Americans. I have read that when the first Europeans landed on Tierra del Fuego, the natives could not figure out how they had got there. Only a few--some shamans--could detect the big boats, which were in the harbor in full view. The shamans told the others that the new people came in things which resembled their canoes, but were immensely larger with sails. Eventually, all the people could perceive the huge boats. Their central nervous systems had to adjust until they could process the unusual sensory input and make sense of it. I often wonder if that is where most of us are right now. I guess it's one of these things: if the documents exist, we'll never see them....if the documents don't exist, we'll never see them....we will never see them>>>>therefore they never existed. Just maybe there was something in one of the local newspapers in 1960.

Last edited by willard e. kissinger jr.; 07-14-2009 at 11:38 AM..

Old 07-14-2009, 10:33 AM

2,916 posts, read 8,349,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by willard e. kissinger jr. View Post
I was told that some are in the diocesan archives, but, if they are, I suppose they are in "secret" archives. I can't believe that, if there is any truth to this, the records are accessible by people like you and me in the archives of the Catholic Diocese of Tucson. I have tried to keep an open mind about contact with extraterrestrials. I can't believe that we are alone in a vast universe, but most of these stories are nonsense. Then again, any true contact would seem stranger to us than European man first seemed to the native Americans. I have read that when the first Europeans landed on Tierra del Fuego, the natives could not figure out how they had got there. Only a few--some shamans--could detect the big boats, which were in the harbor in full view. The shamans told the others that the new people came in things which resembled their canoes, but were immensely larger with sails. Eventually, all the people could perceive the huge boats. Their central nervous systems had to adjust until they could process the unusual sensory input and make sense of it. I often wonder if that is where most of us are right now. I guess it's one of these things: if the documents exist, we'll never see them....if the documents don't exist, we'll never see them....we will never see them>>>>therefore they never existed. Just maybe there was something in one of the local newspapers in 1960.
Okay, how about this for a thought process? Let's say that God created the universe and placed Adam & Eve on one of the planets which He created and knew would be good for us, and everything else is just a big wonderful sky full of stars, moons, planets, suns, comets, asteroids and galaxies for all of us to enjoy until He comes back and decides which ones of us truly got His Heaven & Hell message?

Old 07-14-2009, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by willard e. kissinger jr. View Post
I was told that some are in the diocesan archives, but, if they are, I suppose they are in "secret" archives. I can't believe that, if there is any truth to this, the records are accessible by people like you and me in the archives of the Catholic Diocese of Tucson. I have tried to keep an open mind about contact with extraterrestrials. I can't believe that we are alone in a vast universe, but most of these stories are nonsense. Then again, any true contact would seem stranger to us than European man first seemed to the native Americans. I have read that when the first Europeans landed on Tierra del Fuego, the natives could not figure out how they had got there. Only a few--some shamans--could detect the big boats, which were in the harbor in full view. The shamans told the others that the new people came in things which resembled their canoes, but were immensely larger with sails. Eventually, all the people could perceive the huge boats. Their central nervous systems had to adjust until they could process the unusual sensory input and make sense of it. I often wonder if that is where most of us are right now. I guess it's one of these things: if the documents exist, we'll never see them....if the documents don't exist, we'll never see them....we will never see them>>>>therefore they never existed. Just maybe there was something in one of the local newspapers in 1960.
Interesting about the Native/European thing. I never thought about that.

As for extraterrestrial life - I want to believe it. Like you, I can not understand how in all that vast space with millions of planets there is only one which harbors sentient life?

My problem is for me, seeing is believing.

Old 07-14-2009, 10:44 AM

42,831 posts, read 88,150,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chorizo View Post
As for extraterrestrial life - I want to believe it.

My problem is for me, seeing is believing.
You see, I can't say I believe it for sure, but I don't rule it out, either.

Old 07-14-2009, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
You see, I can't say I believe it for sure, but I don't rule it out, either.
Only difference is I don't believe it at all - I can't - no evidence. Does not mean I don't think there is a possibility. I think there is a very great possibility.

Old 07-14-2009, 12:09 PM

95 posts, read 307,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chorizo View Post
Only difference is I don't believe it at all - I can't - no evidence. Does not mean I don't think there is a possibility. I think there is a very great possibility.
I'm with you...
Funny after all this time that there isn't one picture, actually one shred of credible evidence.

At the same time, at night when you're far from street lights and you can see a zillion stars, it does seem highly improbable that we are "the only one"...
nature doesn't seem to work that way.

Old 07-14-2009, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dintymoore View Post
I'm with you...
Funny after all this time that there isn't one picture, actually one shred of credible evidence.

At the same time, at night when you're far from street lights and you can see a zillion stars, it does seem highly improbable that we are "the only one"...
nature doesn't seem to work that way.
It is my theory that if there is other life out there - they are no more advanced than we - and thus we can't see them, they can't see us.

Old 07-15-2009, 12:36 AM

4,922 posts, read 8,571,496 times
I figure that with all those planets and galaxies out there, we can't possibly be the only planet that is favorable to some sort of viable life form. Some may just not be able to build and launch space exploration vehicles. On the other hand, there are the stories (classified, of course) of Area 51 in Nevada near Nellis AFB, and Roswell, NM near White Sands. So, a crashed space vehicle near an AFB is a little coincidental. Maybe instead of crashing, these so called space ships with their on board aliens were brought down intentionally? But, then again, a few years ago there were UFO's spotted and photographed by quite a few people in the Phoenix area. Oh, yeah. Luke AFB. Hmmmmmmm. UFO's and Air Force Bases. Maybe, just maybe, Close Encounters was a movie made from a true story. Devil's Tower, WY is in between Minot AFB and Malstrom AFB and F.E. Warren AFB. I hear the Twilight Zone music as I write.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson