Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2009, 11:19 PM

2,916 posts, read 8,349,077 times

Advertisements

Totally agree with the Swan & Sunrise and Campbell & River areas, insofar as the upscale aspect, and there is much to appreciate in the surrounding area as well.

However, I wouldn't be as quick to indicate that Tucson has given up much of its conservative strengths and points of view. I'd prefer to state that there is yet much that both camps will still debate. There are definite pockets of liberalism in and around any cities and towns, especially around its universities!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2009, 11:29 PM

23 posts, read 48,432 times
Hello ZonyPony,

Yes, I see what you're getting at. Thanks.

Old 07-13-2009, 11:56 PM

9,601 posts, read 31,695,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Lewis View Post
Thanks, Bummer. I work from home, so living in a walkable area is important; getting out a bit means a lot when one stares at paper and screen a good number of hours each day.

Maybe this is a Mac thing, but I only see one "Post Reply" button at the bottom of each page. I see a "Quick Reply" icon in the bottom-right corner of each reply. What is the correct way to respond to individual replies? I'm writing you utilizing the "Quick Reply" icon in your post.

Thank you.
Since there is no commuting required . . . that's a good thing so you can live wherever you want.

As for the MAC thing . . . THE ONLY WAY TO GO!

Have you tried the QUOTE button to respond to an individual post?

Old 07-14-2009, 12:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Sometimes I wonder if you're a landlord, Bummer!
HELL NO, Sierra . . . I tried that once and swore NEVER AGAIN!

Old 07-14-2009, 01:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bummer View Post
Since there is no commuting required . . . that's a good thing so you can live wherever you want.

As for the MAC thing . . . THE ONLY WAY TO GO!

Have you tried the QUOTE button to respond to an individual post?
Thanks. Okay, this time I tried the "Quote Button." I was trying to save screen space by eliminating the reprinted passage, and was looking to reply in a manner where my response appears directly under the Post I'm replying to.

I find this keeps the thread of the conversation, especially when there are a few participants, easy to follow. Do you happen to know if this is possible here? If such display options are not available on this site, I won't belabor the point :>)

Old 07-14-2009, 06:01 AM

17,914 posts, read 43,408,068 times
Quote:
Thanks. Okay, this time I tried the "Quote Button." I was trying to save screen space by eliminating the reprinted passage, and was looking to reply in a manner where my response appears directly under the Post I'm replying to.

I find this keeps the thread of the conversation, especially when there are a few participants, easy to follow. Do you happen to know if this is possible here? If such display options are not available on this site, I won't belabor the point :>)
The way this software works, your post can't appear directly below the one you are replying to/quoting.

Old 07-14-2009, 09:01 AM

42,831 posts, read 88,150,679 times
Quote:
Thank you, sierraAZ, for the update. I am impressed your posts, on this site alone, have been read almost 8.5 million times. Are you an author?
He-he, yeah, I'm the author of gazillion posts! Can't say I recommend such a waste of time and energy...

Old 07-14-2009, 10:09 AM

Quote:

If it is available, David . . . I've never seen it.

No expert here, however, possibly not available as it would put the posts out of chronological order.

Help me guys . . .

Old 07-14-2009, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by observer53 View Post
The way this software works, your post can't appear directly below the one you are replying to/quoting.
Thanks.

Old 07-14-2009, 10:26 AM

2,916 posts, read 8,349,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bummer View Post
If it is available, David . . . I've never seen it.

No expert here, however, possibly not available as it would put the posts out of chronological order.

Help me guys . . .
Correct!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson