Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-15-2009, 12:40 AM

4,922 posts, read 8,573,613 times

Advertisements

Does anyone have an optomotrist or opthamologist they might recommend? I broke the bridge of my glasses (needed new ones anyway) and am probably due for an exam and new lenses. Super Glue only works for so long, and masking tape is so...........well, ugly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2009, 09:21 AM

1,389 posts, read 3,534,028 times
I've needed eye care since I was in 5th grade. Not one single office here in town has ever stood out to me as extraordinary. I've been to many different ones.

If you are paying out of pocket, just go to whoever is running the current best deal. You might find someone who is doing the exam for 40 and two pairs of frames with lenses for 100 + difference if you go with designer frames or add-ons like transitions, scratch resisting coating, etc.

If you insurance is paying - just find out who takes your insurance, visit a couple and get your stuff done at the place you like best.

Old 07-15-2009, 11:14 AM

2,916 posts, read 8,350,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcy1210 View Post
Does anyone have an optomotrist or opthamologist they might recommend? I broke the bridge of my glasses (needed new ones anyway) and am probably due for an exam and new lenses. Super Glue only works for so long, and masking tape is so...........well, ugly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chorizo View Post
I've needed eye care since I was in 5th grade. Not one single office here in town has ever stood out to me as extraordinary. I've been to many different ones.

If you are paying out of pocket, just go to whoever is running the current best deal. You might find someone who is doing the exam for 40 and two pairs of frames with lenses for 100 + difference if you go with designer frames or add-ons like transitions, scratch resisting coating, etc.

If you insurance is paying - just find out who takes your insurance, visit a couple and get your stuff done at the place you like best.
Yeah, Reezo's right. Also, just about the time we recommend a place, there will come a few others who will indicate that they don't like that very same place for some reason or another, so its usually best to just pick one out yourself!

BTW, have you tried designer-colored duct tape?

Old 07-15-2009, 12:15 PM

4,922 posts, read 8,573,613 times
[
BTW, have you tried designer-colored duct tape? [/quote]

Hmmmm. Hadn't thought of that. Probably cheaper than a whole new set of frames and lenses. My lenses are expensive as I'm far-sighted with an astigmatism in both eyes, and I always get Transitions. Last (this) pair cost around $400.00. The Frames were only $60.00. , the exam was $95.00 and the rest were the lenses. I got them from a private practice optometrist who sells the frames, also. I'd rather go less expensive this time. I'm a fairly cheap person (okay, frugal), but I don't want to be a blind cheap person.

There was a coupon page in yesterday's mail inserts from Redplum for Nationwide Vision, and there's one at Oracle and Magee, so I could pick up some KFC while I'm there, as well.

Old 07-15-2009, 12:49 PM

1,389 posts, read 3,534,028 times
While I have not been to that specific Nationwide, I've been in their other offices before. Can't complain about the product or services.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson
View detailed profiles of: