U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2009, 09:53 AM

1,389 posts, read 2,170,670 times
Default All I Can Say to Government anymore is: LOL!

Giffords a no-show at movie; 'tea party' protest put on hold | www.azstarnet.com ® (http://www.azstarnet.com/sn/fromcomments/303987.php - broken link)

Quote:
Tucson Region

Giffords a no-show at movie; 'tea party' protest put on hold

By Jamar Younger
ARIZONA DAILY STAR
Tucson, Arizona | Published: 08.07.2009

Members of the Tucson Tea Party showed up at an event sponsored by U.S. Rep. Gabrielle Giffords Thursday with one purpose: to have their views heard.
However, Giffords did not make an appearance at La Placita in Downtown, forcing tea party members to wait for another opportunity.
At least 200 members and supporters of the group, a grass-roots effort to protest what it calls irresponsible government spending, showed up at Cinema La Placita to protest government-run health-care and government spending.
See link above for full article.

I can't do anything but laugh anymore. Good ol' Gabby couldn't even show up for her own event, presumably in fear of hearing what her employers have to say!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2009, 10:11 AM

42,846 posts, read 53,017,189 times
You're OK if they make you laugh. I feel like using 4-letter words.

Geewiz, when did this article get 250 comments?!

Old 08-07-2009, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
You're OK if they make you laugh. I feel like using 4-letter words.

Geewiz, when did this article get 250 comments?!
Just shows that our stages are different. I am past the cursing stage.

We need to get all of these goons out of office and start fresh. Imposing term limits on EVERYTHING would be awesome too.

Old 08-07-2009, 10:28 AM

7,862 posts, read 15,515,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chorizo View Post
I can't do anything but laugh anymore. Good ol' Gabby couldn't even show up for her own event, presumably in fear of hearing what her employers have to say!

No surprises here, Chorizo . . .

Have you researched Giffords? The history of her family business practices are less than honorable and, in some cases, downright unethical especially with the employment of illegals.

This latest unethical move merely proves people rarely, if ever, change.

Old 08-07-2009, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bummer View Post
No surprises here, Chorizo . . .

Have you researched Giffords? The history of her family business practices are less than honorable and, in some cases, downright unethical especially with the employment of illegals.

This latest unethical move merely proves people rarely, if ever, change.
You don't even need to research her - just merely pay attention any time her name is brought up when its not by her or any of her cohorts and you'll get a pretty good idea of her.

Hopefully this Jesse Kelly guy that is running can get her out of office when the time comes.

Old 08-07-2009, 11:19 AM

42,846 posts, read 53,017,189 times
Quote:
Just shows that our stages are different. I am past the cursing stage.
Oh, don't get me wrong... I don't really waste any time on news, politics, or politicians. As a matter of fact, ever since I live alone, I've never heard news pollution in the evening. Very, very occasionally I do in the morning while styling my hair. That's about it.

Old 08-07-2009, 11:29 AM

13,897 posts, read 16,681,656 times
Well, she was never scheduled to attend, actually, if you read the article, and it isn't as if she doesn't schedule events to take questions from the voters/residents. Would it have been good for her to be there? Well, sure, but it isn't as if she promised to come and stood people up, which is what the headline implies.

This strikes me as a lot of fuss about not very much, but then, I don't live there.

Old 08-07-2009, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by observer53 View Post
Well, she was never scheduled to attend, actually, if you read the article, and it isn't as if she doesn't schedule events to take questions from the voters/residents. Would it have been good for her to be there? Well, sure, but it isn't as if she promised to come and stood people up, which is what the headline implies.

This strikes me as a lot of fuss about not very much, but then, I don't live there.

Of course the AZ Red Star will say she was not scheduled, they are extremely biased.

Quote:
ad on the Nucleus Club Site:
Giffords for Congress: 3rd Annual Young Professionals Event
Date: Thursday, August 6
Description: Meet the Congresswoman, hear a report from Washington and then walk to a free screening of Mr. Smith Goes to Washington sponsored by Giffords for Congress.
Time: 5:30 - 7:00 p.m.; Film starts at 7:30 pm
Place: Cushing Street Bar and Grill

Come to see Mr. Smith Goes to Washington!

Every Thursday evening at 7:30, May through October, for the last ten years, hundreds of Tucsonans have enjoyed watching classic films in the beautiful summer evenings in downtown Tucson.

In celebration of the tenth anniversary of one of Tucson's very special traditions, Giffords for Mr. Smith Goes to WashingtonCongress is sponsoring the classic movie of Frank Capra "Mr. Smith Goes to Washington" at Cinema La Placita at 7:30 pm on Thursday, August 6th. The film will be shown in the plaza of La Placita Village, located at 110 S. Church Avenue, on the southwest corner of Broadway and Church.

Come join me and others in watching this classic film about a junior senator from an un-named state and the riveting story of the powerful forces of American freedom, democracy and morality.
Hope to see you there!
Thank you again for your support!

Sincerely yours,
Gabrielle Giffords
Conveniently, I can not find this on the nucleus site any longer, but there is this at PimaDems.org: Pima Democrats: Calendar. August 2009 (http://www.pimadems.org/Calendar.html#8_6_2 - broken link)
Quote:
Giffords for Congress: 3rd Annual Young Professionals Event
Date:
Thursday, August 6
Description:
Meet the Congresswoman, hear a report from Washington and then walk to a free screening of Mr. Smith Goes to Washington sponsored by Giffords for Congress.
Time:
5:30 - 7:00 p.m.; Film starts at 7:30 pm
Place:
Cushing Street Bar and Grill
198 W Cushing Street
Film shows at 7:30 p.m. at Cinema La Placita, 110 S Church Ave.

Giffords for Congress
Phone:[ (520) 512-0012
And then there is Cinema La Placita's twitter page: Cinema La Placita (cinemalaplacita) on Twitter

Quote:
Thurs. Aug. 6 our Congressperson Gabrielle Giffords will be at CLP to see "Mr. Smith goes to Washington". Come say "hi" and see a movie!
Scheduled? Maybe not in her book - but a lot of folks expected her to be there, as she SAID she would.

Old 08-07-2009, 12:06 PM

7,862 posts, read 15,515,782 times
Quote:
Scheduled? Maybe not in her book - but a lot of folks expected her to be there, as she SAID she would.
Isn't it fairly obvious Giffords is suffering from CFS (Cold Feet Syndrome)?

I bet she would not have been a No Show at a fund raiser or any media event!

Old 08-07-2009, 12:45 PM

3,394 posts, read 4,788,599 times
to be any kind of "successful" politician, you have to pimp and wh*re yourself and almost entirely compromise your principles.....

even the nice guys (McCain?) can't get far without making deals.....

would be cool to see goofy Trasoff knocked out....this "Koz" guy is trying hard in my neighborhood to do just that....anybody know what kind of guy he is?.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson