Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-12-2009, 02:35 PM

29 posts, read 131,177 times

Advertisements

So I know this far fetched, but I reeeaaalllyyy want to get married (ok so it's a vow renewal, we eloped 4 years ago and now want to have a "real" wedding) on a farm. I have checked the appropriate wedding reception websites that have farms available for rent. They are beautiful but way our of our price range. I just want to have my dream vintage farm wedding on the cheap, is that too much to ask? Maybe it is. I am hoping that someone knows someone, who knows someone who might let me rent out their farm for my little shindig. It would not be a big affair, 50-75 people, no kitchen needed (I will be making all the food myself - trying to stay cheap with a buffet style), bathrooms a must though, which is the reason I am not doing it in the middle of a wildflower field. Yes, I am a wannabe hippie, so what?!? I just want a laid back feel, I would like to have it brunch time, I am planning the whole wedding around brunch food. I might be crazy, but I am really set on this idea, but apparently my budget isn't. So I am pleading with you lovely people to help me locate a farm setting with some mature trees for shade where we can have our little farm wedding for a little bit of money. Oh did I mention that it won't be until March, so these good people will have lots of time to think about it and prepare.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2009, 04:44 PM

643 posts, read 2,053,853 times
There's some farmer's markets / local markets around Tucson, isn't there?

I know there's a place about an hour (? Don't quote me) outside of town called Annie's Orchard, too. That's not too far of a drive.

You might also want to post something on Craiglist.

Anywhere that spends money advertising that they offer this kind of service is going to want a lot of money for the use of their space.

I went to a wedding at a horse ranch in NC - really pretty. They cleaned up all the stables and put the horses out in the pasture so you got to walk past them and stuff.

Good luck!

Old 08-12-2009, 05:53 PM

9,601 posts, read 31,695,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JillBoBill View Post
There's some farmer's markets / local markets around Tucson, isn't there?

I know there's a place about an hour (? Don't quote me) outside of town called Annie's Orchard, too. That's not too far of a drive.

Good luck!
Is this the place you're referring to, JillBo?

Apple Annie's Orchard, Produce, & Pumpkins - Willcox, Arizona

Great stuff to bring home and well worth the drive if even for just the lunch on the weekends but I've never seen a wedding down there.

Old 08-13-2009, 09:38 AM

643 posts, read 2,053,853 times
That's it, Bums.

I was thinking that she'd be luckier on the price break if she asked farms that don't normally rent out for weddings/parties/events. The ones that do do this, know they can get an arm, a leg and your first born. The ones that don't are usually just flattered that you'd even ask and won't charge as much.

Old 08-13-2009, 10:21 AM

9,601 posts, read 31,695,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JillBoBill View Post
That's it, Bums.

I was thinking that she'd be luckier on the price break if she asked farms that don't normally rent out for weddings/parties/events. The ones that do do this, know they can get an arm, a leg and your first born. The ones that don't are usually just flattered that you'd even ask and won't charge as much.
Hmmmmmm, FIRST BORN? Wouldn't that be a good thing?

! ! ! ! ! !

All joking aside . . . it is definitely a great day trip destination. A great place to eat lunch and lots of fresh baked goodies as well as the farm stuff. Also, the people, including the owner Annie, are friendly, helpful and hospitable.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson
View detailed profiles of: