Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-17-2009, 10:38 AM

47 posts, read 171,457 times

Advertisements

hey! i just moved to tucson on thursday & am currently living in extended stay provided by my boyfriend's new job until the 27th. we have been apartment searching since we got here & have found that we like the foothills & sabino canyon areas better than closer to downtown, etc. (we are very into outdoors, so want to be close to the mountains for jogging, hiking, biking, etc.)..also have a small dog, but it definitely does not seem to be a problem finding pet-friendly apts here, which is great!..
i'm just looking for some feedback on apartments, or if yall happen to know anything about any of these apartments...so far we haven't come across any that just seem HORRIBLE, but you never know.....just trying to avoid that situation by asking for first or second-hand experiences from you guys...

so far, we have checked out these apartments:

sabino canyon apartment homes - really like these & love the area & views, decent pool & gym, plus they have very good reviews online, which has to be a good thing

pinnacle heights - seems VERY nice, a little more expensive but doable, beautiful floorplan & very new everything w/TONS of space, great views, love the location, great gym & pools, BUT they did not get great reviews, which leaves me wondering .. & they seem to have some sort of a scorpion problem (??) (don't know ANYTHING about scorpions since i'm from the deep south, we just have cottonmouths & gators to worry about haha!)

foothills apartments - loved the location, community, & view, but the gym was like a shoe box (so prob wouldn't save any money on gym membership)...but i think we preferred this location best of all

rio vista - didn't like the look of the apartment inside, but a/c is included, making it the cheapest option, & the outside area was nice, good location as well..

sorry to add yet another thread on apartments..theres just too many apartments in this town! ....where i'm from, there's only about 8 choices...

any input on these or any other places would be great, we are trying to narrow it down by wednesday & make a decision.

thanks so much!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2009, 04:10 PM

683 posts, read 2,651,075 times
"The Arboretum"

Find Tucson apartments and homes for rent in the TUCSON SOUTHERN AZ area at The Arboretum.

I lived there when I first moved to Tucson and loved living there.

Old 08-17-2009, 05:06 PM

47 posts, read 171,457 times
thanks for the suggestion!
if you dont mind my asking, specifically what did you like most about it?
havent checked there yet but will definitely call to see what they have available

Old 08-17-2009, 05:13 PM

10,949 posts, read 1,308,224 times
Veranda at Ventana

Tucson Arizona Apartments - Home - Veranda at Ventana

Old 08-17-2009, 06:15 PM

4 posts, read 9,844 times
Hey,

I moved to Tucson a week and a half ago and was looking for apartments in the similar areas. I checked out Rio Vista as well. I looked at about 5 places before settling on the Sonoran Terraces. They have very nice apartments for a fair price, and the pool and gym are also above average for most apartment complexes. So far its been great. Altamira was a close second place, but the apartments were a bit smaller as well as the fitness center. I would reccomend checking out both these places.

Jas

Old 08-18-2009, 08:21 AM

2,942 posts, read 6,516,977 times
"The Arboretum"

I lived there not long ago. It's an older apartment complex (early 1980's). They've updated some units, but charge a lot more (too much more) for those (you could rent a house for the same price). From my experience, there was more crime there than I expected. I had to call the police on one of my neighbors because his dog jumped through my apartment window, then later (on a different day) his dog (which was not leashed) attacked my dog (which was leashed), then he threatened my life (he was trying to intimidate me from calling the police). This was in addition to the other crime going on in the area.
Maybe it was just my bad experience, but I would not live there. I think, if you want to live in that area, perhaps the Tucson Rental Homes on Sabino Canyon Rd would be a better choice.

Old 08-18-2009, 09:39 AM

602 posts, read 2,064,269 times
If I'm not mistaken, the Arboretum does not have washers and dryers in the units. (an absolute must have in my book).

Old 08-18-2009, 12:33 PM

2,942 posts, read 6,516,977 times
"If I'm not mistaken, the Arboretum does not have washers and dryers in the units. (an absolute must have in my book)."

That's correct.

Old 08-18-2009, 04:28 PM

683 posts, read 2,651,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spaghetti_squash View Post
thanks for the suggestion!
if you dont mind my asking, specifically what did you like most about it?
havent checked there yet but will definitely call to see what they have available
My favorite thing was definitely the proximity to the mountains and Sabino Canyon. Awesome views even when you're just driving to the grocery store. Plus, I was working just up the street at Ventana Canyon.

I never had a problem with crime when I was there, it was always very quiet.

I never had a problem with the laundry room, in fact, I always liked being able to meet new people when I was doing my laundry. I also considered it an advantage to be able to do four or five loads at one time instead of just doing one load at a time in my apartment. It would only take me a couple hours instead of five. The biggest pain about that is having to haul everything to the laundry room.

Ritchie made a good suggestion about looking for a home to rent. Right now there's plenty of people looking to rent out their house and prices are low. Don't accept the first price you get, there's plenty of room for negotiation these days.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson
View detailed profiles of: