Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2009, 02:50 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,143,589 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dintymoore View Post
Suppose you do find a parking place and get wasted, how do you get home?
That's what I've always wanted to know! Unless you have a designated driver, getting wasted is so expensive in this county because of the cabs, I don't do it more than a couple of times a year. Even then, I'm not really wasted, but taking a chance on holidays is just plain dangerous. On the 4th of July the area around downtown was swarming with cops since the early afternoon.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2009, 06:51 PM

83 posts, read 219,899 times
haha that's why I said I wasn't going to get wasted. The whole purpose of this is to meet people... strange concept I know but I can't think of any better way to go about it.
And I think the Meet Rack is the place where the owner's name is "God"... a really weird place to say the least judging by the reviews I read. I'm not sure I'd find any liked-minded people in a place like that.

Old 09-23-2009, 12:52 AM

14 posts, read 27,800 times
wildcat house and dirtbags for what you seek. and of course maloney's and o'malleys. at least 8 years ago those were the joints. but whadda i know, these days I'm rocking B's R-US 'stead of DV8.

Old 09-23-2009, 08:13 PM

1,433 posts, read 2,981,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottrc5391 View Post
haha that's why I said I wasn't going to get wasted. The whole purpose of this is to meet people... strange concept I know but I can't think of any better way to go about it.
And I think the Meet Rack is the place where the owner's name is "God"... a really weird place to say the least judging by the reviews I read. I'm not sure I'd find any liked-minded people in a place like that.
It's one of the most diverse bars you'll ever see when it comes to patrons. I've seen bikers, soldiers, college students, professors, even vegetarians. Owner's name is Jim Anderson. He use to own a bar called Someplace Else off of 6th ave & Drachman. The 'God' designation is a publicity stunt that goes back to his unsuccessful run for Mayor.

If you go in check the pictures on the wall ... he's in with the hollywood group. He was once sued by a woman who was branded. They ended up taking it to 'People's Court'. Don't know the outcome, all I know is branding was very common ... entitled you to half off for the rest of your life. The brand itself was a profile of him of course Shame they don't offer it any more.

Stick around long enough and you'll have a good laugh, whether it's the sex chamber in the back or the condom dispenser in the woman's washroom that has an alarm rigged to go off in the main bar whenever one is purchased.

Old 09-25-2009, 07:23 PM

83 posts, read 219,899 times
Well whoever wrote the review that said he legally changed his name to "God" is an idiot then. However, it was also said by more than one person that hardly any women can be found there (gee, I wonder why... haha). Cowpony looks like a good one (looks to have ample parking too I might add). Once again I appreciate all the input.

Old 09-25-2009, 08:24 PM

2,916 posts, read 8,348,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottrc5391 View Post
Well whoever wrote the review that said he legally changed his name to "God" is an idiot then. However, it was also said by more than one person that hardly any women can be found there (gee, I wonder why... haha). Cowpony looks like a good one (looks to have ample parking too I might add). Once again I appreciate all the input.

Old 09-26-2009, 07:05 PM

4,235 posts, read 14,058,801 times
you said meeting people is a goal.....have you checked out the meetup website?.....full of sub-groups of all interests....

funny, I went to God's place, Someplace Else, when I turned 19 (legal drinking age back then)....threw up at 8am, noon, and 4pm the next day and the hangover lasted into the second day after.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson
View detailed profiles of: