Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-27-2009, 01:13 PM

5 posts, read 29,183 times

Advertisements

65 year old male relocating to arizona. seeking best area to live for apartment living with outdoor activities e.g. hiking, camping, scenic vistas. I just want to enjoy the outdoors as much as I can before I leave this world.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2009, 03:27 PM

2,942 posts, read 6,495,797 times
Near Sabino Canyon sounds like the place for you. There are two apartment complexes, maybe three, fairly close to the entrance.

Old 09-27-2009, 05:31 PM

5 posts, read 29,183 times
Thanks Ritchie

Old 09-27-2009, 06:23 PM

68 posts, read 207,075 times
Yes there are two apartment building near Sabino Canyon that I would recommend, the first is Pinnacle Heights, its on the corner of Sabino Canyon and Snyder road and the other is Arboretum and it is on the corner of Kolb and Snyder road. I lived at Pinnacle Heights about 5 years ago before I bought my house, and I loved the area, views and the apartments were very spacious and good pricing. I hope you enjoy your stay in Tucson, if you need help with great outdoor activities please let me know. I know alot of trails and great day trips for hiking.

Thanks
Michael

Old 09-29-2009, 12:47 PM

602 posts, read 2,057,446 times
Just to follow up on Tags70's comment... Arboretum does not have washers/dryers inside the units. The area itself is really nice up there. There are a couple of nice apartment complexes (whose names escape me right now) on the corner of Kolb and Sunrise that would work well for you. That whole area near Sabino Canyon and Sunrise, or Kolb and Sunrise is very, very nice.

Another possibility would be in Oro Valley. There are a few nice apartment complexes there. One of them is Rock Ridge. It is right across the street from scenic Pusch Ridge. Catalina State Park (very nice for hiking) is only a 5 minute drive from Rock Ridge.

Can't go wrong with either the Sabino Canyon or Pusch Ridge areas. Both nice, but Sabino area is a little prettier in my view, and a little nearer to things in town too. I've lived in both areas.

Old 09-29-2009, 01:17 PM

9,593 posts, read 31,576,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorfager View Post
65 year old male relocating to arizona. seeking best area to live for apartment living with outdoor activities e.g. hiking, camping, scenic vistas. I just want to enjoy the outdoors as much as I can before I leave this world.
Unless you prefer the larger apartment complex environment, Doctor . . .

You may want to consider renting (purchasing would be even better) either a Patio Home or a Townhouse. Much more likely to afford significantly more privacy and usually include washer / dryer hook-ups as well as garages. Definitely major positives in my book.

Good Luck

Old 09-29-2009, 08:08 PM

2,916 posts, read 8,322,521 times
All excellent advice up above, Doc!

Old 09-30-2009, 08:18 AM

2,942 posts, read 6,495,797 times
You may also want to consider Tucson Rental Homes. They have a location right outside the Sabino Canyon gate.

Tucson Rental Homes - Home Rentals in Tucson

Old 09-30-2009, 06:15 PM

430 posts, read 1,309,105 times
Tucson Rental Homes also has a community on the corner of Houghton and Speedway.

I've never enjoyed apartment living. I would see about a townhouse. There are tons of townhouse communities in the Northeast side of town. Area off the Houghton, Tanque Verde, Speedway, Wrightstown area. I'm sure there would be rentals.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson