Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-03-2009, 04:00 PM

514 posts, read 1,441,334 times

Advertisements

Wondering who all here has had this performed and what they think?

I just had mine done from Hodges Eye Care.Very nice group of people and had the latest and greatest in technology.

My eye doctor recommended them for the surgery.

Been wearing glasses for over 26 yrs and finally got tired of them.So, glad I did it even though it's only been 6 days.Such a shame I waited so darn long

Advanced Vision Care
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2009, 05:48 PM

4,235 posts, read 14,063,176 times
had regular LASIK done ten years ago here in Tucson....was/is a near-miracle....the flaps weren't re-seated correctly, so had to get that fixed the next AM...needed a touchup a month later.....

as I'm active outdoors, this was the right thing for me because the sweating, wind, dust was getting in my contacts or glasses before the surgery....

is fantastic now to wake up and just go....no more fumbling with contacts or cleaning them or sweating on my glasses......

if anybody is considering it, make sure you are a GOOD candidate for it (pre-screening by the doc) and FOLLOW the instructions they give you before and after....

sorry, know nothing about this iLASIK.....

Old 11-03-2009, 07:48 PM

514 posts, read 1,441,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by azdr0710 View Post
had regular LASIK done ten years ago here in Tucson....was/is a near-miracle....the flaps weren't re-seated correctly, so had to get that fixed the next AM...needed a touchup a month later.....

as I'm active outdoors, this was the right thing for me because the sweating, wind, dust was getting in my contacts or glasses before the surgery....

is fantastic now to wake up and just go....no more fumbling with contacts or cleaning them or sweating on my glasses......

if anybody is considering it, make sure you are a GOOD candidate for it (pre-screening by the doc) and FOLLOW the instructions they give you before and after....

sorry, know nothing about this iLASIK.....
The iLASIK is just the newer version.The flap is create by lasers.

With Intralase, the corneal flap is made with a laser instead of a microkeratomez ( which is a blade)

They consider it far superior and safer.

Do you consider you vision just as good 10 years later?

Old 11-04-2009, 10:12 PM

4,235 posts, read 14,063,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clnconcpts View Post
Do you consider you vision just as good 10 years later?
yes, it's great...at the last eye check, doc said I was close to 20/20......got the lasik when I was 37 and now I'm 47....only problem now is I'm starting to need reading glasses, which they told me would happen anyway and the lasik wouldn't stop that eventuality....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson