Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-24-2009, 08:29 AM

2,916 posts, read 8,349,077 times

Advertisements

Just wanted to wish all of you Arizonans, Arizonan-wannabe's, Tucsonans and Tucsonan-wannabe's... a Merry X-mas.

If I wish you guys a Merry ******mas , I will be banned, won't I? Or at least corrected by some well-meaning so-and-so...

Seriously now... I'm a bit weary of the corporate and overly politically correct "Happy Holidays" which we continue to see and hear on TV, radio, and billboards!

I know... I know... there indeed are other holidays out there like Hanukah, Kwanza, and New Years... and I'm sure that the term "holidays" certainly included Thanksgiving...

But, c'mon... we've been hearing ******mas music since even before Halloween and Thanksgiving! We've been getting slammed by ******mas movies and specials all month!

So... here it goes... MERRY ******MAS to one and all!

(...and, okay... Happy Holidays... from ZP)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2009, 12:28 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,150,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZonyPony View Post
If I wish you guys a Merry ******mas , I will be banned, won't I? Or at least corrected by some well-meaning so-and-so...
No, ZP, they have it in their own banner. Merry Christmas to you and yours, too!

And an all-inclusive Happy Holidays to everybody!

Here's something funny for ya:

Christmas Party memo

Old 12-24-2009, 12:41 PM

2,497 posts, read 7,476,584 times
I prefer Happy Holidays as our country has people of many faiths (or no faith), not just the one of christ. Happy Holidays can cover the entire spectrum to not offend anyone. Happy Holidays!

Old 12-24-2009, 01:06 PM

8,685 posts, read 16,848,232 times
Everyone have a very wonderful and safe 'whatever' you want to call it

Old 12-24-2009, 01:09 PM

1,437 posts, read 4,606,173 times
Merry Christmas everyone and have a safe new year

Old 12-24-2009, 02:30 PM

100 posts, read 328,695 times
Merry CHRISTMAS!

Old 12-24-2009, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
No, ZP, they have it in their own banner. Merry Christmas to you and yours, too!

And an all-inclusive Happy Holidays to everybody!

Here's something funny for ya:

Christmas Party memo
Haha! Very cool stuff, Sierra! And I'm glad that CD has that Christmas banner up there - brave souls that they are!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jc76 View Post
I prefer Happy Holidays as our country has people of many faiths (or no faith), not just the one of christ. Happy Holidays can cover the entire spectrum to not offend anyone. Happy Holidays!
Yeah... "Happy Holidays" is a convenient, generic, non-offensive term. However... Christmas itself is still there for those who want to celebrate it, and the good news is that, regardless of any and all attempts to diminish Christmas, it STILL exists and always will! Its not going away - except for those who wish it would!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grannysroost View Post
Everyone have a very wonderful and safe 'whatever' you want to call it
Quote:
Originally Posted by el borracho View Post
Merry Christmas everyone and have a safe new year
Yep! MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Old 12-24-2009, 03:27 PM

2,919 posts, read 6,828,468 times
To all of the Tucsonans...

http://bestsmileys.com/christmas5/10.gif (broken link)

From balmy southern Oklahoma where we are under 2 feet of snow and the blizzard warning won't be lifted till sometime tonight!

Old 12-24-2009, 04:33 PM

1,024 posts, read 2,747,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZonyPony View Post
Just wanted to wish all of you Arizonans, Arizonan-wannabe's, Tucsonans and Tucsonan-wannabe's... a Merry X-mas.

Seriously now... I'm a bit weary of the corporate and overly politically correct "Happy Holidays" which we continue to see and hear on TV, radio, and billboards!

I know... I know... there indeed are other holidays out there like Hanukah, Kwanza, and New Years... and I'm sure that the term "holidays" certainly included Thanksgiving...

But, c'mon... we've been hearing ******mas music since even before Halloween and Thanksgiving! We've been getting slammed by ******mas movies and specials all month!

So... here it goes... MERRY ******MAS to one and all!

(...and, okay... Happy Holidays... from ZP)
Good Post ZP!

Merry Christmas!!!!!!!!!!

Question though, all these atheist and their ilk who are so offended by Christmas, I assume they do not shop the "Christmas Sales" otherwise they would be hypocrites? Or it is just selective/convenient outrage?

Have never seen an atheist or Jehovah Witness turn down there holiday pay either for having Christmas off.

One can make excuses to call it whatever they want, but in the United States it's the Christmas Season and everyone know's it.

Old 12-24-2009, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just me in Oro Valley View Post
Good Post ZP!

Merry Christmas!!!!!!!!!!

Question though, all these atheist and their ilk who are so offended by Christmas, I assume they do not shop the "Christmas Sales" otherwise they would be hypocrites? Or it is just selective/convenient outrage?

Have never seen an atheist or Jehovah Witness turn down there holiday pay either for having Christmas off.

One can make excuses to call it whatever they want, but in the United States it's the Christmas Season and everyone know's it.
Thought-provoking post, JMIOV... very good. And dude, don't just have a Happy Holiday... have a Happy and Merry Christmas Holiday!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson
View detailed profiles of: