Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2010, 08:25 PM

2,842 posts, read 2,327,347 times

Advertisements

BK's on 12th Ave. Best Sonoran Mexican food in Tucson bar none. The hot dogs are excellent, as is the carne asada tacos and wide variety of salsas. Truly yummy!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2010, 09:40 AM

124 posts, read 268,902 times
in my opinion, and I have tried many: Guero Canelo (both locations), BK (both locations), oops (grant&tanque verde) and many others that due to taste I do not remember the name, however the best sonora style hot dogs I have tried are the "Sinaloense Hot Dogs", they have 2 locations and they are not in buildings but carts, one is located in Alvernon/Lee and the second in 12th/Irvington? they have the best buns and how they make them is the trick, I will not say so you go and try it, they open at b10 am, which means right now I only have to wait for 20 minutes for breakfast dammit!!

Old 01-05-2010, 09:43 AM

124 posts, read 268,902 times
costco hot dogs are not he same anymore, they are using their own kirkland brand dogs and the taste is quite different than the old Hebrew National, still good but not as good!!

Old 01-13-2010, 12:35 AM

15 posts, read 66,221 times
I go to Sammy's on the corner of Grant and I believe Country Club. I also patronize Guero Canelo's on south 12th whenever possible.

Old 06-23-2010, 06:23 PM

2 posts, read 6,330 times
I have lived in tucson all my life and on the southside and being a gringo i can tell you that chachos hot dogs are by far the very best in tucson and i have eatin em all its very clean and a very friendly place so take it from this 47 yr old pinche gringo pata salada southsider good food by good people its on old nogales hwy by the way my dogs name is THUG. WES

Old 06-23-2010, 08:42 PM

2 posts, read 6,476 times
Alright. Get off that BK and Guero bandwagon.. The best in town are on the corner of Wetmore and Flowing Wells. Aqui con el Nene.

I am not kidding. If Nene is not your favorite and you dont think they are the best in town, its because you havent been there yet.

I work smack dab in the middle of Gueros and Nene. On lunch breaks, I could go to either or. I choose Nene every time

Old 06-23-2010, 11:41 PM

1,024 posts, read 2,746,607 times
We even have a Sonoran Dog wagon up here in NW Tucson now. On the side of the road around Thornydale/Hardy area. May not be the best in town but it 's still very good, and close.
Now I can drive either 10 minutes to the east and get and In-N-Out burger or 10 minutes west and get a sonoran dog. Life is good.

Old 06-24-2010, 12:42 AM

4,922 posts, read 8,568,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickTucsonHomes View Post
Now I can drive either 10 minutes to the east and get and In-N-Out burger or 10 minutes west and get a sonoran dog. Life is good.
Yup, life's good up here in OV. That In-N-Out burger was jam packed on opening week! Now, there's a full sized Mickey D's coming soon in front of Home Depot on Oracle and 1st. Plus, Harvest Moon is now open in the Marketplace, and San Carlos Grill and The Keg are about to open.

Old 06-24-2010, 10:46 AM

1,024 posts, read 2,746,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcy1210 View Post
Yup, life's good up here in OV. That In-N-Out burger was jam packed on opening week! Now, there's a full sized Mickey D's coming soon in front of Home Depot on Oracle and 1st. Plus, Harvest Moon is now open in the Marketplace, and San Carlos Grill and The Keg are about to open.
Now if we only had a Wendy's so It wasn't so far to go for a Frosty!

Old 06-24-2010, 10:54 AM

6,404 posts, read 8,980,411 times
Holy cow!

Had no idea what these things were so I went to Google and found this clip from Man vs Food.

YouTube - Man v. Food - Sonoran Dog in Tucson

Can these be found near Phoenix or is this a Tucson only thing? I'm moving to the Phoenix area soon. If I can't find these I will make the trip down to Tucson for one of these.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson