Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2016, 03:09 PM

135 posts, read 515,767 times

Advertisements

That's such crap duffy40! Tucson's central area is really rough. I love how people post pictures on here of the Good parts of Tucson, that the normal working class person only see's on the weekends or when and if you have any time off. Trust me on this you'll need a full time job and a part time one because Tucson has the LOWEST paying wages of all the cities.

The central neighborhoods are deplorably. You have ghettos on one block then $200k homes on the next, so on and so forth. It's made up of absent-tee home owners who were smart and got out and then rent their houses, when UA is in town the rent will be doubled and during the summer you can pick up an apartment for a couple hundred dollars! But don't expect to sign a lease because you'll be kicked out when UA returns that way they can resume charging $8-$1000 a month.

The same can be said with business on Speedway. There's nothing but rinky dinky junk shop's all over the place and tend to go out of business in a few months because there's NO commerce in lovey Tucson. The city see's to that with all the taxes, permits and anything else they can come up with to charge the working class with instead of doing their job and bring businesses into town.

Tucson would rather have a soccer field that isn't used instead of paved streets like a normal city...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2016, 04:33 PM

522 posts, read 1,568,758 times
There must be quite a few people that only stay in the ratty parts of town. My current job takes me all over the Tucson metro area and far from the city. Yes, there pretty bad areas but there are more nice and very nice areas. I see them every day.

Now here is what I see from my patio:

[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]

Old 02-26-2016, 10:51 AM

7,940 posts, read 9,492,443 times
sickofIL - I'm so happy you got out of Ill-inois. Makes you ill and it's noisy! My wife is from Chicago and ran to Arkansas when she was 18. We visit her relatives in Chicago now and then but after about 4 days I need to excuse myself and get on a train or plane or in my motorcar and get the hay outta there. Yukko!

Old 03-10-2016, 05:27 PM

119 posts, read 126,509 times
Just some really crappy shots from my flip phone. This is about 2 miles north or River Road. Loving it in Tucson!

Old 03-10-2016, 09:36 PM

I love this pics, WuWeiWander. Great job - I really miss Arizona. We are looking to retire there in about 5 years - we're in SW Kansas now. There's a job in Show Low that I could try to get but we're in a 1-year house lease right now that we've only paid 2 months on. They (the landlords) said we could go but we'd be liable for all of those payments for the year - or, alternatively, we could get other tenants to rent our house out - sublet it to them. Fine, but, if they have animals that tear it up or anything, we'd be liable for the damage. So we'd really have ta scope the new tenants out good.

Love the pics of the saguaro cactus and that beautiful southern Arizona landscape.

Old 04-15-2016, 12:06 AM

84 posts, read 105,718 times
The lowest paying wages for cities are generally in the south-central US:
Louisiana, Mississippi, Kansas (excluding Kansas City), etc... In those places, the cost of living is even far lower than Tucson.

Old 04-17-2016, 03:59 PM

119 posts, read 126,509 times
Default My Shared Album of Tucson Photographs

Here is my shared album of photographs from around Tucson. It will be updated constantly. enjoy!

https://www.icloud.com/sharedalbum/#B0d5oqs3quyVlne

Old 04-17-2016, 09:51 PM

Thanks for those, Raven_on_a_Coyote!

Old 04-17-2016, 10:16 PM

3,328 posts, read 2,269,860 times
Nice!

That shadow-shot is especially cool.

Old 04-19-2016, 07:08 PM

522 posts, read 1,568,758 times
Raven_on_a_Coyote, where's that bridge? It doesn't look familiar.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson