Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-14-2007, 01:38 PM

1 posts, read 7,833 times

Advertisements

We're planning a move to Tucson and need some help to make a decision on the Star Valley area. We have made a long distance offer on a house in Star Valley and we would like to make sure that there are not a lot of drugs or crime in that area. These are the directions to the area. From I-19 West on Valencia South on Wade West on Yedra to Misty Mountain. Please help if you can?

Last edited by billb7; 06-14-2007 at 02:14 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2007, 06:30 PM

18 posts, read 174,675 times
Your Realtor should have been able to provide you that information prior to helping you write an offer on it. Moderator cut: realtor link

Last edited by Ponderosa; 06-23-2007 at 12:56 PM..

Old 07-08-2007, 11:27 AM

32 posts, read 124,744 times
The southwest side is not my idea of a safe venture. You are better off on the southeast side where newer neighborhoods are safe and uncongested. Try Kolb road south of I 10 which is 15 minutes from Broadway RD. Or go further east to Vail. All have newer homes with good prices and great upgrades.

Old 01-30-2008, 01:23 AM

1 posts, read 9,588 times
Default Hi There...Urgent info needed

I am relocating to SW Tucson area with my job and will need more information about schools in the area. The zip code I am moving to is 85757 on West Tenderfoot Drive. If anyone can tell this gal from New York City whether or not this area is safe enough for me and my girls to live in a home there. I have three teen girls, ages 19, 17 and 15. Obviously any information that you can provide concerning The LaCholla Magnet High School or any others in the area would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for your time...

Old 01-30-2008, 05:15 AM

529 posts, read 2,394,208 times
Hi KayLew,

Tucson has many good schools, here are a few links from the Arizona Dept. of Education (ADE) to help you take a look.

Highly Performing Schools (http://www.ade.az.gov/profile/publicview/HighlyPerforming.asp - broken link)
Excelling Schools (http://www.ade.az.gov/profile/publicview/Excelling.asp - broken link)

Here is some school information to help with your children.

Amphi School District
Catalina Foothills School District
Flowing Wells Unified School District
Marana Unified School District
Sahuarita Unified School District
Sunnyside Unified School District
Tanque Verde Unified School District
Tucson Unified School District
Vail School District

La Cholla Magnet HS is in the Tucson Unified School District.

If you are still looking for housing, take a look at the Tucson Multiple Listing Service website (Tucson MLS) and you should be able to get a good idea for house prices. Click on "Public Search".

Hope this helps!

Old 01-30-2008, 08:42 AM

1,222 posts, read 5,019,221 times
KayLew,

I sent you a PM.

Old 08-29-2011, 03:01 PM

1 posts, read 4,369 times
i live out here and i love it its quite and not much happens out here all the neighbors near me know each other and always do things together i never went to cholla but i know it has a pretty good staff!! i have lived out here for about 5 years never had problems with drugs or gangs the neighbor hood is nice and very clean i do say it is a good place to live

Old 08-29-2011, 11:41 PM

4,922 posts, read 8,572,682 times
Billb7 and Kay Lew: Go to www.crimereports.com and type in the street address or ZIP of your new home and there will be a map showing some incidents. For more information, go to one of the blue Map Tools boxes on the upper right, and click "incident layers". There you can choose the type of crime reports you want to see. You can also modify the date to be more or less specific. This should help you decide how comfortable you'll be in your new neighborhood.

Old 08-30-2011, 10:00 AM

4,235 posts, read 14,061,889 times
the recent posts are good, but don't forget to look at the date stamp on these threads....the original poster started this over four years ago.....

Old 08-31-2011, 12:56 AM

4,922 posts, read 8,572,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by azdr0710 View Post
the recent posts are good, but don't forget to look at the date stamp on these threads....the original poster started this over four years ago.....
I have a bad habit of writing first, checking (if at all) the date later. I keep forgetting about it. Sigh...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson