Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Tulsa
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2010, 11:13 AM

620 posts, read 1,745,015 times

Advertisements

Enjoy your new home Raelyn28.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2010, 10:53 PM

7,525 posts, read 16,923,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill236c View Post
whatever

Old 10-04-2010, 07:06 AM

620 posts, read 1,745,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodpasture View Post
whatever
If you look at her recent posts on other forums (in TX and WA), you'll see she's going through a tough time........just thought I'd say something nice.

http://www.city-data.com/forum/searc...rchid=24462963

Last edited by Bill236c; 10-04-2010 at 07:15 AM..

Old 10-04-2010, 12:31 PM

4,070 posts, read 5,579,313 times
Quote:
whatever
yep

Old 10-05-2010, 07:17 AM

8,039 posts, read 4,499,890 times
What they said.

Old 10-05-2010, 11:50 PM

1,837 posts, read 4,135,251 times
What is wrong Goodpasture? Are you mad that I moved or happy that I am no longer complaining about Tulsa?? Just curious as to why you said whatever.

Quote:
whatever

Old 10-05-2010, 11:52 PM

Thanks Bill. I appreciate your comment after all the crap you have given me, lol. I really did whine about Tulsa...but it just wasn't for me. Not that it isn't a good city..just not a good fit for my family and I.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill236c View Post

Old 10-05-2010, 11:58 PM

LOL, when I moved to Oklahoma from Washington last year I couldn't wait for the Sooner/Husker game since I was born in Nebraska. Guess what? Nebraska beat the Sooners for the first time in YEARS!

Now... I move to Texas and the Sooners win!! Ha, Ha... go figure. Well one thing for sure...I have lived in so many states that no matter what Saturday it is.. one of my home teams wins anyway!!!! That is the great thing about moving so much.

Here are my home teams:

Cornhuskers
UCLA
USC
Beavers
Ducks
Huskies
Cougars
Sooners
NTU

I have a fun time on game days....not to mention Sundays as well with all the pro-teams.

Have a great week and congrats on the win!!! Good game for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Catfish2008 View Post
Well........now that you're a Texan, how 'bout them SOONERS!!!

*cough...Longhorns got rolled up!*

Enjoy North Texas and Blessings.

Old 10-06-2010, 12:39 AM

7,525 posts, read 16,923,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raelyn28 View Post
Just curious as to why you said whatever.
While I really don't expect people to love everywhere, when I find something I dislike as much as you dislike Tulsa and Oklahoma, I simply let it go and shut my mouth about it. What I find distasteful others find comforting, what I don't like, others find exciting and interesting. Ok, we can disagree, but I do not find it in anyones interest to carry on about how bad I dislike something and how much I enjoy what/where I am now. You moved to Tulsa and disliked it. Fine. You moved to Texas as though we gave a sh** and told us how much you preferred it. fine. But I really really don't care one way or another. I really don't care to hear any more. If you want to brag about how much better somewhere else is, do it somewhere else. I don't want to hear it. I like Oklahoma. I like Okies. I find them warm, friendly, helpful, compassionate, and delightful. I like them. I find you self centered, shallow, intolerant, arrogant. and self serving. I don't care for you. So your pronouncement that everything is now wonderful is mean spirited, and I find that annoying......how about keeping your comparisons to yourself.......I've been around the world more than once, and my living in OK is deliberate.........at least I don't want to have to hear what is wrong with a place I like.....and that is what I thought, anyway.....you move, I don't put up with your negativism. Apparently you seem to have a fixation on comparing the benefits of somewhere else with the dregs of living in Tulsa. Fine. You made a choice. Now move on. Preferably somewhere else.

Old 10-08-2010, 10:59 PM

Wow!! Well this is a bit intense Goodpasture and a bit hostile towards me as well. People that visit these forums need to hear advise from those who like the area and those that don't. Just because Tulsa wasn't a good fit for me doesn't mean it isn't a good place or a bad fit for everyone. I wish I would have had a bit more information from people that didn't like Tulsa before I moved there. Perhaps then I wouldn't have picked it and would have went somewhere else.

My question for you is this? Why does it bother you that I didn't care for Tulsa? If you are truly happy then it shouldn't matter what anyone thinks about it. You are happy? Right? And if you are so selfless you should be happy that I am happy, right? After all Goodpasture aren't you the one who asked me out for coffee when I lived in Tulsa? You couldn't have thought I was that bad now huh?

Well anyway, I have no reason to post on the Tulsa forum any longer as I have not been posting for some time now. I was simply answering someone else's question that obviously wondered where I was. For your information many of the regular posters actually pm'd me and wondered where I was...so I publicly posted that I moved. BIG DEAL. I like Texas better...and I like Nebraska, California, Oregon and Washington better than Oklahoma for that matter...I have a right to my opinion and this is a public forum.. People searching for places to move need the good and the bad.

So if I offended you I certainly didn't intend on doing so and I don't appreciate you judging my character with name calling...

Thankyou...have a nice weekend!!!

Quote:
While I really don't expect people to love everywhere, when I find something I dislike as much as you dislike Tulsa and Oklahoma, I simply let it go and shut my mouth about it. What I find distasteful others find comforting, what I don't like, others find exciting and interesting. Ok, we can disagree, but I do not find it in anyones interest to carry on about how bad I dislike something and how much I enjoy what/where I am now. You moved to Tulsa and disliked it. Fine. You moved to Texas as though we gave a sh** and told us how much you preferred it. fine. But I really really don't care one way or another. I really don't care to hear any more. If you want to brag about how much better somewhere else is, do it somewhere else. I don't want to hear it. I like Oklahoma. I like Okies. I find them warm, friendly, helpful, compassionate, and delightful. I like them. I find you self centered, shallow, intolerant, arrogant. and self serving. I don't care for you. So your pronouncement that everything is now wonderful is mean spirited, and I find that annoying......how about keeping your comparisons to yourself.......I've been around the world more than once, and my living in OK is deliberate.........at least I don't want to have to hear what is wrong with a place I like.....and that is what I thought, anyway.....you move, I don't put up with your negativism. Apparently you seem to have a fixation on comparing the benefits of somewhere else with the dregs of living in Tulsa. Fine. You made a choice. Now move on. Preferably somewhere else.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Tulsa