Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Tulsa
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2008, 07:17 PM

2 posts, read 3,488 times

Advertisements

It seems that since this is the "Tulsa" forum, that people would be talking about Tulsa...?? jus' sayin'

I grew up in OKC, I've lived in Omaha, St. Louis, the suburbs of Detroit, NY, Boston, Jackson, MS and a small town in s.e. OK.....I moved to Tulsa because I wanted to live in Tulsa. I like to think that I've seen plenty of the world, and lived in enough places not to be in a "little box" when it comes to Tulsa and what it's got going for it......It's green, has great weather, it has awesome entertainment opportunities, beautiful parks, excellent schools (ok, in the 'burbs), the people are nice and it's small enough not to be overwhelming and you can get anywhere in about 20 minutes without the horrific traffic hassles of a big city.

OKC has a lot going for it, too and there are some fantastic things about OKC - heck every city has something good going for it. I'm not sure why you take offense at people saying good things about Tulsa

I love Tulsa.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2008, 04:50 PM

2,557 posts, read 5,861,291 times
With current hassles I've had with the city lately, I think living outside the city limits would be better. Property taxes inside the city keep going up up up.

Old 09-02-2010, 08:08 PM

1 posts, read 1,437 times
I used to think where I grew up was the worse place on earth. Then I moved to Tulsa. It bugs me that no one can understand me when I speak. You don't even speak english. The most commen phrases I hear on a daily basis "you aint got no" and "if it were a snake, it woulda bit me." 50% of what I hear doesn't make any logical sense. I'm in no way saying I am the smartest person in the world, just the state, and probobly the whole south. **** kickers everywhere too. Don't even try to date a white woman either because when it comes time to meet her parents, the relationship is over. I now live in the fakest place in the world. 60 year old women driving around on 24's with their poodles in between them and their steering wheel, but what ever, its yours now. What else... oh the killer insects. Spiders and scorpians, and then snakes snakes snakes. I once had a five minute battle to the death with a coperhead. The weathers great, in December. Id rather be under 15 feet of snow than 100 plus temps for three months strait. I know what your thinking, "if you aint fond of it, git out." Well I reckon if the damn TPD didnt kick the crap out of me for walking on a friday night and then put me on probation, I asure you I would be gone. At least the people here are really nice, to your face anyway, you know... in case they can get anything out of you in the future. Does everyone need to dip constantly? Why is everyone here so damn fat? People don't walk here, they drive to check their mail and then walk like fat penguins back into their house. I cant even watch football anymore because you ruined it for me. Cant name 5 players outside of the QB and RB but OU is just the best! Their garbage son. Boise State is my new favorite team. OU is corupt to. If it wasnt for them needing all the attention, OKC would have a pro football team and thats the truth. They want it all. Oh well, we'll just steal the friggen Seattle Supersonics and call them the Thunder. I like the team but Payton and Kemp will never get the respect their careers deserve. Im surprised their jerseys arent hanging in the Ford Center and being claimed as OKCs own. So much history, gone. I admit, I almost shed a tear when they beat LA in game three. I was so happy for those guys, and the fans. The blue out was perfect. Probobly the only thing I like about this state is the Thunder. Oh and John Starks, and Etan Thomas. We'll see about this Azabukie kid, better step it up if he wants to shine on the greatest stage on earth. Why is every street the same? Quicktrip, bank, church, QT, bank, church. Over and over. Then throw in the same 10 food franchises. Not up north though, lets just draw a line and stay on our sides huh? Dont put anything up there, screw them, and the east side too. Can I get a single slice of pizza under 2.50 anywhere? Thank God for phat phillies and Tiamos. Mazios is like cardboard with sauce. wtf is that? Learn how to drive, damn. The nicer the car, the more of a dick the driver is to. "sure youve had your blinker on and have been trying to get over for a half mile, but *********." No sir, *********. A lot of gay people here. More girls for me, to bad they most likley have std's. Is having a kid before you graduate a right of passage here? Like its nothing. "oh ya dude, I had a kid, it was crazy. We gave It away though. haha." So many damn tweekers. Where did all your teeth go? how do you eat, through a straw? If I had it my way, Oklahoma would become North Texas and then we'd sell it to Mexico. Kansas too. And Arkansas. I'm sorry, couldnt help it.

Old 09-02-2010, 08:36 PM

5,546 posts, read 9,506,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ihateoklahoma View Post
I used to think where I grew up was the worse place on earth. Then I moved to Tulsa. It bugs me that no one can understand me when I speak. You don't even speak english. The most commen phrases I hear on a daily basis "you aint got no" and "if it were a snake, it woulda bit me." 50% of what I hear doesn't make any logical sense. I'm in no way saying I am the smartest person in the world, just the state, and probobly the whole south. **** kickers everywhere too. Don't even try to date a white woman either because when it comes time to meet her parents, the relationship is over. I now live in the fakest place in the world. 60 year old women driving around on 24's with their poodles in between them and their steering wheel, but what ever, its yours now. What else... oh the killer insects. Spiders and scorpians, and then snakes snakes snakes. I once had a five minute battle to the death with a coperhead. The weathers great, in December. Id rather be under 15 feet of snow than 100 plus temps for three months strait. I know what your thinking, "if you aint fond of it, git out." Well I reckon if the damn TPD didnt kick the crap out of me for walking on a friday night and then put me on probation, I asure you I would be gone. At least the people here are really nice, to your face anyway, you know... in case they can get anything out of you in the future. Does everyone need to dip constantly? Why is everyone here so damn fat? People don't walk here, they drive to check their mail and then walk like fat penguins back into their house. I cant even watch football anymore because you ruined it for me. Cant name 5 players outside of the QB and RB but OU is just the best! Their garbage son. Boise State is my new favorite team. OU is corupt to. If it wasnt for them needing all the attention, OKC would have a pro football team and thats the truth. They want it all. Oh well, we'll just steal the friggen Seattle Supersonics and call them the Thunder. I like the team but Payton and Kemp will never get the respect their careers deserve. Im surprised their jerseys arent hanging in the Ford Center and being claimed as OKCs own. So much history, gone. I admit, I almost shed a tear when they beat LA in game three. I was so happy for those guys, and the fans. The blue out was perfect. Probobly the only thing I like about this state is the Thunder. Oh and John Starks, and Etan Thomas. We'll see about this Azabukie kid, better step it up if he wants to shine on the greatest stage on earth. Why is every street the same? Quicktrip, bank, church, QT, bank, church. Over and over. Then throw in the same 10 food franchises. Not up north though, lets just draw a line and stay on our sides huh? Dont put anything up there, screw them, and the east side too. Can I get a single slice of pizza under 2.50 anywhere? Thank God for phat phillies and Tiamos. Mazios is like cardboard with sauce. wtf is that? Learn how to drive, damn. The nicer the car, the more of a dick the driver is to. "sure youve had your blinker on and have been trying to get over for a half mile,
but *********." No sir, *********. A lot of gay people here. More girls for me, to bad they most likley have std's. Is having a kid before you graduate a right of passage here? Like its nothing. "oh ya dude, I had a kid, it was crazy. We gave It away though. haha." So many damn tweekers. Where did all your teeth go? how do you eat, through a straw? If I had it my way, Oklahoma would become North Texas and then we'd sell it to Mexico. Kansas too. And Arkansas. I'm sorry, couldnt help it.

Us Okies love this....keep the trollin' coming. Keeps Yankee transplants like yourself from the North/Midwest out of our state. Thank you for your very insightful and well thought out post.

Cheers.

Old 09-02-2010, 09:03 PM

2,673 posts, read 3,248,373 times
Hmm, I didn't read that, LOL. You ain't got no paragraphs in that mess!

Old 09-02-2010, 09:07 PM

2,673 posts, read 3,248,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nameless View Post
I live in Oklahoma City and they leave here for the winter, so common sense tells me they leave Tulsa.

As far as the weather goes, I for one don't think it's the greatest in the world. Hot, humid summers are terrible. I don't know how many 100 degree days they've had in Tulsa this year, but Oklahoma City has had nearly 40. Now 98 in Tulsa usually feels like 103 for Oklahoma City. So it kind of balances out.
NO KIDDING! And I never use all caps, LOL. Tulsa is home base. It has truly improved by leaps and bounds in the last five years, but the summers suck. My goal is to live in Seattle part of the time and Tulsa part of the time.

Old 09-03-2010, 08:01 AM

8,039 posts, read 4,514,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ihateoklahoma View Post
I used to think where I grew up was the worse place on earth. Then I moved to Tulsa. It bugs me that no one can understand me when I speak. You don't even speak english. The most commen phrases I hear on a daily basis "you aint got no" and "if it were a snake, it woulda bit me." 50% of what I hear doesn't make any logical sense. I'm in no way saying I am the smartest person in the world, just the state, and probobly the whole south. **** kickers everywhere too. Don't even try to date a white woman either because when it comes time to meet her parents, the relationship is over. I now live in the fakest place in the world. 60 year old women driving around on 24's with their poodles in between them and their steering wheel, but what ever, its yours now. What else... oh the killer insects. Spiders and scorpians, and then snakes snakes snakes. I once had a five minute battle to the death with a coperhead. The weathers great, in December. Id rather be under 15 feet of snow than 100 plus temps for three months strait. I know what your thinking, "if you aint fond of it, git out." Well I reckon if the damn TPD didnt kick the crap out of me for walking on a friday night and then put me on probation, I asure you I would be gone. At least the people here are really nice, to your face anyway, you know... in case they can get anything out of you in the future. Does everyone need to dip constantly? Why is everyone here so damn fat? People don't walk here, they drive to check their mail and then walk like fat penguins back into their house. I cant even watch football anymore because you ruined it for me. Cant name 5 players outside of the QB and RB but OU is just the best! Their garbage son. Boise State is my new favorite team. OU is corupt to. If it wasnt for them needing all the attention, OKC would have a pro football team and thats the truth. They want it all. Oh well, we'll just steal the friggen Seattle Supersonics and call them the Thunder. I like the team but Payton and Kemp will never get the respect their careers deserve. Im surprised their jerseys arent hanging in the Ford Center and being claimed as OKCs own. So much history, gone. I admit, I almost shed a tear when they beat LA in game three. I was so happy for those guys, and the fans. The blue out was perfect. Probobly the only thing I like about this state is the Thunder. Oh and John Starks, and Etan Thomas. We'll see about this Azabukie kid, better step it up if he wants to shine on the greatest stage on earth. Why is every street the same? Quicktrip, bank, church, QT, bank, church. Over and over. Then throw in the same 10 food franchises. Not up north though, lets just draw a line and stay on our sides huh? Dont put anything up there, screw them, and the east side too. Can I get a single slice of pizza under 2.50 anywhere? Thank God for phat phillies and Tiamos. Mazios is like cardboard with sauce. wtf is that? Learn how to drive, damn. The nicer the car, the more of a dick the driver is to. "sure youve had your blinker on and have been trying to get over for a half mile, but *********." No sir, *********. A lot of gay people here. More girls for me, to bad they most likley have std's. Is having a kid before you graduate a right of passage here? Like its nothing. "oh ya dude, I had a kid, it was crazy. We gave It away though. haha." So many damn tweekers. Where did all your teeth go? how do you eat, through a straw? If I had it my way, Oklahoma would become North Texas and then we'd sell it to Mexico. Kansas too. And Arkansas. I'm sorry, couldnt help it.
Normally I don't respond to trolls not worth my time or energy but in this case would you like some cheese with that Whine??

Old 10-19-2010, 11:57 AM

10,400 posts, read 15,583,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammie View Post
Nameless, don't feel that everyone is side stepping OKC. One of the reasons that we're looking at Tulsa rather then OKC is population. Actually, we may end up in a smaller town like Grove or Tahlequah. We won't be down there for three weeks so we don't know what will work for us. The population of our town is under 15,000. We'll be in for plenty of culture shock just by being in Tulsa, let alone OKC. I'm not sure why it has the rep of being barren and colorless and no hills, though. I've heard that before about OKC, but since you live there, you would know if it's pretty. Didn't mean to make you feel that no one thinks well of the place you live.
If you are moving to GROVE or "TAHLEQUAH" you can not "LOSE"
I ATTENDED NORTHEASTERN STATE UNIVERSITY for 1 or 1 1/2 years
and THAT COUNTRY IS DROP DEAD GORGEOUS...Enjoy Your Retirement...Jammie and Family.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Tulsa