U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Tulsa
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 05-22-2008, 09:34 PM
 
Location: Tulsa, OK, Traffic Circle Area
687 posts, read 1,452,325 times
Reputation: 425
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.LadySquishington View Post
Aah, the "Buckle of the Bible Belt". I've never met such unholy people, that were so much holier than I.

The segregation is completely obvious.

"Oral Roberts University". Right next to the "City of Faith" and "Englobal", enough said. Well I guess I should mention the giant praying hands sculpture.

Though it's not hard to find your way around, it is difficult to avoid being forced onto the expressway...by the roads as well as drivers.

The third day I was there I took a drive downtown to see what was hoppin, 10pm on a weekday, and I literally saw ONE car, and ONE person walking.

Once, I was walking in a "park" (aka Wal-Mart parking lot with cyclers) and when the sun went down, the herds of people may as well have vanished into thin air.

There are signs all over the mall parking lots that read "Take your keys, lock your doors, hide your belongings."

Each native has one of the "gifts from God" whether it be speaking in tongues or the "power of discernment".

And so on...until a woman at Walgreen's tells you she is going to pray for you to quit smoking while you're buying a pack of cigarettes. Nice gesture which I appreciated, a little much though. (10 months later, still smoking in case you were curious)

Perks include: Tallamena Drive, Tulsa Gardens, and "The Flyin' Roll."
Guessin' from your screen name that you're from Washington. Tell you right now, that anyone who does a drive by on the Oklahoma forums who is from Washington will get labeled as someone with 'Sonicitis'....or a case of the 'Chapped Sonics'.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 05-23-2008, 05:34 AM
 
Location: Fort Worth/Dallas
11,882 posts, read 24,315,003 times
Reputation: 5362
Default Glad to see you go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.LadySquishington View Post
Aah, the "Buckle of the Bible Belt". I've never met such unholy people, that were so much holier than I.

The segregation is completely obvious.

"Oral Roberts University". Right next to the "City of Faith" and "Englobal", enough said. Well I guess I should mention the giant praying hands sculpture.

Though it's not hard to find your way around, it is difficult to avoid being forced onto the expressway...by the roads as well as drivers.

The third day I was there I took a drive downtown to see what was hoppin, 10pm on a weekday, and I literally saw ONE car, and ONE person walking.

Once, I was walking in a "park" (aka Wal-Mart parking lot with cyclers) and when the sun went down, the herds of people may as well have vanished into thin air.

There are signs all over the mall parking lots that read "Take your keys, lock your doors, hide your belongings."

Each native has one of the "gifts from God" whether it be speaking in tongues or the "power of discernment".

And so on...until a woman at Walgreen's tells you she is going to pray for you to quit smoking while you're buying a pack of cigarettes. Nice gesture which I appreciated, a little much though. (10 months later, still smoking in case you were curious)

Perks include: Tallamena Drive, Tulsa Gardens, and "The Flyin' Roll."
Uh... Talimena drive is not in Tulsa...

Please spread the word; we don't want Tulsa filling up with an attitude like the one displayed above.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-24-2008, 09:51 AM
 
Location: So. Dak.
13,496 posts, read 24,216,392 times
Reputation: 14802
Glad you got to relocate and find an area that you're happier with.

But now I see that you're not happy with your new location. What's up with that?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-24-2008, 11:20 AM
 
Location: Somewhere! :)
1,989 posts, read 2,959,484 times
Reputation: 373
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synopsis View Post
Please spread the word; we don't want Tulsa filling up with an attitude like the one displayed above.
I second that motion!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-24-2008, 11:21 AM
 
Location: Somewhere! :)
1,989 posts, read 2,959,484 times
Reputation: 373
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammie View Post
Glad you got to relocate and find an area that you're happier with.

But now I see that you're not happy with your new location. What's up with that?
Some people are just never happy...
Sometimes the problem stems from within as opposed to without.

Hi Jammie!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-24-2008, 01:18 PM
 
Location: So. Dak.
13,496 posts, read 24,216,392 times
Reputation: 14802
Hi CG. How are you enjoying Oklahoma?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-24-2008, 01:27 PM
 
Location: Pawnee Nation
7,133 posts, read 9,270,677 times
Reputation: 6403
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheComputerGuy View Post
Some people are just never happy...
Sometimes the problem stems from within as opposed to without.

Hi Jammie!
I've been around the world a couple of times in my life, and I never found a place where I could not find something nice to say about it. I've even lived in places as nice as Tulsa.

It seems some people are so intent on discovering what is NOT available that they fail to see what is. The trouble with people like that is that it isn't the places that are unhappy or a problem, it is the people that are unhappy and create the problem. I guess if you are a negative person it doesn't matter where you are, you are still a negative person......and that is hard to move away from.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-24-2008, 07:33 PM
 
Location: Fort Worth/Dallas
11,882 posts, read 24,315,003 times
Reputation: 5362
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodpasture View Post
I've been around the world a couple of times in my life, and I never found a place where I could not find something nice to say about it. I've even lived in places as nice as Tulsa.

It seems some people are so intent on discovering what is NOT available that they fail to see what is. The trouble with people like that is that it isn't the places that are unhappy or a problem, it is the people that are unhappy and create the problem. I guess if you are a negative person it doesn't matter where you are, you are still a negative person......and that is hard to move away from.
Amen to you GP. I like your style. I'm sorry I couldn't make it up. I'm sure I would have had the best time. Happy Memorial Day GP and Shousse!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-25-2008, 06:59 AM
 
Location: Somewhere! :)
1,989 posts, read 2,959,484 times
Reputation: 373
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammie View Post
Hi CG. How are you enjoying Oklahoma?
Pretty well...
The heat will take some getting used to though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-25-2008, 08:28 AM
 
Location: Pawnee Nation
7,133 posts, read 9,270,677 times
Reputation: 6403
Heat? What heat?

A simple suggestion.......eat more jalapenas
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Tulsa

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top