U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Tulsa
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 06-15-2011, 11:32 AM

4 posts, read 3,592 times
Default Any Brazilian groups/gatherings in Tulsa?

Anybody know of a group/social gathering of Brazilians in Tulsa? My Brazilian wife would love to meet with kindred souls for churrasco and caipirinhas. Not to mention communal screaming during futbol matches! Any help is appreciated. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2011, 02:55 PM

1 posts, read 1,087 times
There are some lost brazilians in Tulsa. I am one and took me a while to meet some girlfriends. We even created a group that for some reason have stopped getting together but we still keep in touch . I am overseas right now but I will pm you with more information.

Old 06-15-2011, 04:58 PM

559 posts, read 748,356 times
You might consider starting a group at meetup.com.
Help and resources - Meetup

Old 08-13-2012, 07:50 PM

1 posts, read 734 times
I hope someone still sees this thread.

I am returning to Tulsa in September from Brazil and looking to meet up with any Brazilians in the area. My fiance is Brazilian but he is staying here while we wait on his visa. So I need people to enjoy churrasco with and speak to my 6 month old daughter in portuguese. And of course, once my fiance arrives he will want to meet lots of people to watch futbol with and dance samba!

Old 08-18-2012, 01:56 PM

95 posts, read 124,912 times
I went to the US vs Brazil Olympic exhibition match last year and was surprised at how many Brazilians were there.
We "Americanos" were outnumbered about 1.5 to 1 and I would say there were at least 5,000 there.

Old 08-22-2012, 12:14 PM

5,580 posts, read 5,435,755 times
you have to connect to the tulsa ok brazilian community thur the latino community here are a couple of sites Tulsa Hispanic Chamber and also try this site while you're at it Tulsa Hispanic community celebrates diversity

Tulsa Latin Dancers

People & Places: Coalition of Hispanic Organizations says 'gracias' | Tulsa World

Hispanics in Oklahoma | Latino Community Development Agency - La Agencia Latina, Oklahoma City, OK

you would probably have to roll up your sleeves and do a littlte foot work yourself , maybe start a
brazilian club..society...org or community project.....I wish you success in doing that....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Tulsa