Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Tulsa
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-01-2011, 08:34 AM

174 posts, read 450,295 times

Advertisements

I came back last week from what is probably my last scouting trip before I move to Oklahoma. I've been planning this for about two years. I made up my mind to live in the Tulsa area. I liked Mannford while my fiance likes Owasso. After talking about it we decided to look at Claremore and Catoosa. We both liked those two towns.

I hear only good things about Claremore and Catoosa. Although I'll be financially secure when I move I need employment. I need to be a part of something and can't just retire. It has been tough looking for employment being so far away. I'm now living in NJ. I hope when I move potential employers will take a chance on me. I'm not picky about the work and want to prove my worth. I figure my best chances will be around the Tulsa commuting area.

I'll be moving with my fiance and her sister. We are all adults. I'm 55 years old and I have no children. My fiance and her sister did their undergraduate studies in OK back in the day. We are born again Christians but not word of faith or even faithful church goers- kind of feel lost in the modern church but that's another issue. We like our privacy somewhat but still want to take part in a vibrant and growing community. I think I can do that within my budget in Claremore or Catoosa.

Having lived in the NYC area all of our lives you can see us coming from a mile away. We have heavy NY accents. Politically I'm mostly a conservative Republican while my fiance is mostly a liberal Democrat. We usually cancel each others' vote on election day. We are very open to new experiences and take delight in the events and people around us. My fiance and her sister are of hispanic backgrounds while I was raised Jewish before becoming a Christian.

An open question; I've heard only good things about Claremore and Catoosa- do you think, given our backgrounds, that's it's a good fit for newcomers? Any horror stories to share that the local Chamber of Commerce is trying to hide? I've read all the threads but I'd appreciate any additional insight before I make the plunge.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2011, 07:19 PM

265 posts, read 904,231 times
I would choose Claremore over Catoosa if it were between those two.

Old 09-03-2011, 10:18 PM

2,572 posts, read 4,250,801 times
Are you going to be living in town or out in a more rural area? That is area is kind of unique, you can have million dollar homes just a few blocks from run down trailer parks. There are some very nice areas in and and around Catoosa but Catoosa seems to be coming up. Catoosa is much closer to Tulsa, Broken Arrow and Owasso than Claremore.

I don't think you will have to worry about being a Yankee in that area. A ton a American Airlines employees were transferred from New York back in the 70s. I think the shock from both sides finally wore off....LOL

Old 09-06-2011, 08:58 AM

63 posts, read 226,440 times
Its hard to beat Owasso. That would be my recommendation for you.

Old 09-12-2011, 10:36 PM

2,557 posts, read 5,859,963 times
Before you rent or buy....................check the address here.

FEMA Floodsmart
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Tulsa