U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Tulsa
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2007, 12:24 PM

4 posts, read 5,560 times

Advertisements

I live in Sand Springs, and it is beautiful...I love watching the sunsets from my back porch...I think that Sand Springs is the loveliest suburb of Tulsa because of the rolling hills and trees...we have tons of trees on our property, and in our other home about 1/2 mile from here, we have a large pecan tree that supplied us with pecans, and a large flowering crabapple tree in the front...as well as a sugar maple in the backyard by the pool...I have lived in this town all my life, so I'm a little partial...

We live in Prattville, which is the south side of Sand Springs...the Arkansas River goes right through the middle of town...it is sooooo gorgeous to watch the sun set on the river....plus, we have an all new shopping center with Home Depot and other major shops & restaurants being built right now...plus, we are about 10 minutes from downtown Tulsa and the new BOK Arena, which will be a boon to our local economy, I have a feeling...and our high school (Charles Page) has a brand new state-of-the-art football stadium...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2007, 11:07 PM

2 posts, read 4,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfbd6805 View Post
Hubby says Owasso doesn't have alot of trees. Anywhere other recommendations?
Your hubby is right. We are new to this area and are looking for a house to buy. We prefer Owasso, but it doesn't have much tree. Owasso, Collinsville, and part of Sperry area just don't have a lot of trees. There are more trees in east Owasso, the part that is closer to Claremore and Catoosa, and west Owasso, west of HWY 75. A lot more trees for the rest of the surrounding areas.

Old 11-15-2007, 05:04 PM
A_G

20 posts, read 42,124 times
i believe someone said the jenks area right?

Jenks is 1 or 2nd best school in oklahoma right now (1st and second always switch between jenks and union, there also rivals big rivals)
They have nice area and even and airport. Nice houses everything is brand new as most of the that area about 7 years back was flat farmland. They have quite a few trees.

but i not really sure how you say tulsa, owasso and them dont have that many trees...if you want more trees your going to haft to live in the country.

FOr example:
thats my field and my truck. those woods behind it are bout a 1/4 mile thick.

i know this picture looks pretty despressing, but its the only one of the roads heading through the forest...this was in the ice storm. About a mile down the road later i peaked a hil and a tree slammed down in the road, hit me and spun me around and almost lauched me off a cliff, into a house down below, which just happened to be my best friend grandpas house and they were down from tulsa getting him some wood. I caught crap for that

ill snapp some more picturees tomorow

Old 11-26-2007, 11:22 AM

2 posts, read 3,027 times
I have Lived in the Tulsa Area for my entire life. I grew up in Sand Springs in the west portion of Tulsa county. I went to school there my entire life. I now have kids that will be going to Sand Springs schools. I've lived in Tulsa and surrounding towns and I went back to Sand Springs to raise my kids. They have great schools! People don't realize how big Sand Springs actually is until you find someone to take you and show you all that Sand Springs is and has. We don't have a big crime rate. I feel safe here. We have freindly people that live here and we have so much happening. You should come to the Christmas parade that we are having This Friday, November 30th at 7:00 pm to see how Sand Springs is. It's nice because we're only bout 10 minutes away from downtown Tulsa so it's not really busy, but it's also not so small that there's nothing to do. We have lots of resturants, Walmart, lots of sports, movie theater, and alot of new stuff building now. There are alot of hills and trees just like what you want. North and south of town there are homes with alot of land but it's still close to everything. I think that you would LOVE it as much as I do. My entire family was raised here and all of us still live here. If you want to know more let me know!

Brittany

Welcome to the City of Sand Springs, Oklahoma

Last edited by Jammie; 11-26-2007 at 01:47 PM.. Reason: merged

Old 11-28-2007, 09:08 PM

1 posts, read 1,879 times
Default houses in Tulsa

I would suggest the Minshall Park additions around 71st and Sheridan and south to 78th and west toward Yale--The houses are well built and it is a safe neighborhood with a nice park and small lake within walking distance of most homes-There are mature trees, as homes were built from 1983 on-Homes range from 170k to 250k and are well built. Most of all it is a good neighborhood that is afordable-You don't want to go north of 21st st or east of memorial or mingo unless you go - Another good neigborhood with a large park/and 3 hole golf course and community parks bulding and walking paths is (named LaFortune Park) is around 51st st to 61st street and between Pittsburg and Sheridan or there abouts-the actual park is 51st to 61st on Yale.
Hope this helps-There are some houses that seem to be very good on paper for the price, but they are not in a desirable neighborhood.
Hope this helps
Rose1lady

Old 11-28-2007, 10:57 PM

186 posts, read 221,790 times
Tulsa is amazing, you have have great schools even in the city itself.

Old 11-29-2007, 11:10 PM

265 posts, read 598,863 times
There are several neighborhoods in Broken Arrow that have trees, especially central and south. You can also get to some fishing places in under an hour from Broken Arrow. It just depends where you would like to go.

Bass Pro Shops is right here in Broken Arrow and opened in 2005 so that might come in handy with the fishing hobby. There is more and more shopping coming to Broken Arrow, including Target, Gordman's, Old Navy, Dressbarn, Maurices, etc. Many new restaurants have opened or are being built like...Buffalo Wild Wings, Bonefish Grill, Pei Wei, Santa Fe Cattle Co, Lone Star, Los Cabos, Chili's, Olive Garden, Steak and Shake, IHOP, and Copland's (New Orleans style food).

The schools here are wonderful. I attended them and graduated from BA and had no problems. Broken Arrow is building a beautiful new Performing Arts Center for the school and community that will be on Main Street. The high school marching band won Grand Nationals in 2006. Crime is the lowest in OK and you can easily find a home for under $250K. Most new neighborhoods start around $150K and go up from there. I would say a $200K home would be really easy to find.

Let us know where you choose. Good luck on the move.

Old 12-04-2007, 12:40 PM

32 posts, read 105,096 times
Broken Arrow! I lived there for 15 years ...It is a great place!!

Old 02-01-2008, 02:47 PM

88 posts, read 209,418 times
Thank you for continuing to post on this thread. I watch it once in a while to see if there are more ideas but hadn't caught up in a while as my 15 month old keeps me pretty busy!

I should have explained that hubby grew up in Sand Springs, and went to college in Tahlequah. I, on the other hand am not even from this country, hence all my questions! Plus things have changed a lot since he left 15 years ago so his knowledge is not 'current'!

I love Sand Springs when we visit the in laws! It is so beautiful, peaceful and hilly and yet so close to all the action! I grew up in the UK so hills and trees are very important to me.
Does anyone know how the schools are there?

How is Broken Arrow? I have read the schools are good and there seems to be newer homes available in our price range?

Thanks!

Old 02-02-2008, 02:31 PM

265 posts, read 598,863 times
Broken Arrow is a wonderful community to grow in. There is so much opportunity here. The new slogan for Broken Arrow is "Where Opportunity Lives". I grew up here and even though the slogan may be new, the opportunities have been here for years. That is why so many people and businesses have chosen Broken Arrow as their home. The city, with nearly 100,000 people is so close to Tulsa, yet has its own character and is still far enough you can have some land. This is the place with the lowest crime rate in OK and 22nd lowest in the nation.

If you would like any other information, please let me know.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Tulsa