Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Tulsa
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2007, 10:05 AM

1,586 posts, read 6,756,597 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synopsis View Post
You and I think alike HT. I'm big into older homes and like the mid-town area alot. Jenks is nice, but the character and history you get with an older home in an established neighborhood is wonderful.
Ya...I really wish many people that relocate could at least tour the older parts of Tulsa and just take it in. It is so pretty and has so much personality.
A friend took me on so many beautiful drives all around the urban parts of Tulsa when he lived there. Now I just get to see Jenks...But I still demand to see Tulsa and question his move to Jenks quite often! He kinda dislikes my opinion....But I think once he gets a lil' more dough he will invest into one of the older homes in midtown.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2007, 08:09 PM

1 posts, read 4,503 times
Default Looking for semi-rural area southeast of Tulsa

I'm planning to move to the Tulsa area in the spring and am looking for a safe, semi-rural location within 35-40 minutes maximum commuting distance of Jenks and Tulsa.

We'd prefer to be close to the main routes to Eufaula so that we can visit frequently. We'd like a few acres (3-5) in a tree area.

Schools are not an issue for us. Any suggestions?

Old 09-25-2007, 04:36 AM

11,887 posts, read 36,909,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moving2Tulsa View Post
I'm planning to move to the Tulsa area in the spring and am looking for a safe, semi-rural location within 35-40 minutes maximum commuting distance of Jenks and Tulsa.

We'd prefer to be close to the main routes to Eufaula so that we can visit frequently. We'd like a few acres (3-5) in a tree area.

Schools are not an issue for us. Any suggestions?
You might look into Okmulgee. It's about halfway between Tulsa and Eufala, and it's on a main highway to both. I don't know much about Okmulgee though, having only driven through it. Good luck!

Old 10-05-2007, 12:06 PM

4 posts, read 14,802 times
Default best kept secret in tulsa

When my husband and I met his daughter had went to Jenks for five years (1st through 5th grade) My boys went to Berryhill. He totally fell in love with Berryhill (and hopefully me). He bought a house in Berryhill and move his daughter there. She LOVES it. She's now in the eighth grade.

Berryhill is a small independent school district in West Tulsa close to Sand Springs. Excellent school, testing scores are equivalent to Jenks if not higher. Baseball team just won State, Football team won in 2004. Looking for State again in football in 2008 or 2009. The band, 14-time State champions.

My husband's favorite thing; traffic. You are on the highway in two to three minutes. My husband works at 51st and Yale, he was there in less than ten minutes.

It's not huge, but there are a few neighborhoods; Stratford Estates - 300,000's to 800,000's. Then Rolling Oaks, 140,000's to upper 200,000's, then various rural homes. Zip code is 74107 is you want to look up houses.

Old 10-05-2007, 02:11 PM

3,021 posts, read 11,054,971 times
Teeirons, thank you so much for that post! I don't know why, but I am always forgetting about Berryhill, despite the fact that I have friends who live there & love it.

Old 11-03-2007, 09:02 PM

9 posts, read 34,128 times
Owasso has excellent schools, a thriving shopping and business district, good restaurants, and tons of churches and community activities. You honestly don't ever even have to go into Tulsa! I find it much more close-knit and convenient than any of the other Tulsa suburbs.

Old 11-04-2007, 12:54 AM

1 posts, read 4,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by labrador4 View Post
I have never been to Tulsa or Oklahoma for that matter but we might relocate there. Are there any master planned communities in Tulsa/Jenks/Broken Arrow or are most of the neighborhoods small pockets of homes? Most important to us is the school district and from what I've read, Jenks, Broken Arrow and Oswasso(?) seem to be the ones talked about the most on this forum for schools. Out of those three, which ones fit these factors the best:

organized sports and parks
community events/festivals - community involvement
upscale shopping
homes in the 400K range and above

Thanks!!
we just moved here from pa, and we don't know if we will stay. our daughter is now in the union school district, and she is simply repeating what she learned last year in pa. i hope owasso or jenks has better education than union. the other thing about school is that their high schools here are very big. we don't have kids that go to high school yet, but i guess that means they must have a lot students.

the other thing that you should think twice before moving here is the crime. after being here for a couple months and seeing what actually happens in this town, we are scared to go out. people were murdered while they were doing their yardwork here. a five year old girl in BA was kidnaped and raped. children in daycare died due to some sort of child abuse. shooting can happen anywhere, not just north tulsa.

the other thing that we are not used to is the roads. they are in the worst condition, pot holes and cracks are everywhere. many of the roads can't be repaired. they must be rebuilt completely. whatch out! someone could get killed.

the people in this town and the surrounding areas are nice and helpful, but there are something strange about them. you see cars that need to be in the body shop running on the road. you see cars with no bumper, no hook, and running with a smoke tailpipe like a rocket. you see people park right infront of the stop sign. many of the drivers here don't use signal.

this place is poor, not in term of money, but in term of management. if tulsa is managed properly, it can be one of the most beautiful place to live in the nation.

good luck.

Old 11-08-2007, 06:51 PM

37 posts, read 141,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by labrador4 View Post
I have never been to Tulsa or Oklahoma for that matter but we might relocate there. Are there any master planned communities in Tulsa/Jenks/Broken Arrow or are most of the neighborhoods small pockets of homes? Most important to us is the school district and from what I've read, Jenks, Broken Arrow and Oswasso(?) seem to be the ones talked about the most on this forum for schools. Out of those three, which ones fit these factors the best:

organized sports and parks
community events/festivals - community involvement
upscale shopping
homes in the 400K range and above

Thanks!!
Jenks for sure. but if you can afford that price, I suggest the Metro area near Utica Square. nice!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Tulsa