Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Tulsa
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-07-2013, 07:17 PM

68 posts, read 174,480 times

Advertisements

Own a condo in southeast Tulsa. Dues keep rising. We are paying almost $300 a month now. Just seems a little steep for a condo in Tulsa! Have a 3 bed unit approximately 1250 sf. So if anyone could give me ideas of what you're paying in HOA dues monthly, any info appreciated and I won't ask for your address or get specific!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2013, 01:30 PM

1,368 posts, read 3,216,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AshleyMc View Post
Own a condo in southeast Tulsa. Dues keep rising. We are paying almost $300 a month now. Just seems a little steep for a condo in Tulsa! Have a 3 bed unit approximately 1250 sf. So if anyone could give me ideas of what you're paying in HOA dues monthly, any info appreciated and I won't ask for your address or get specific!
I used to own in Central Park Condos in Downtown. My HOA was 404/mo but covered basic cable, power, H/AC, parking, water, trash, ect. That was for a 1 bedroom (700 sf) but when I was single, that was enough.

To be fair, please include what you get for your HOA. My HOA dues, obviously, paid for a lot more than what normal HOA dues so it isn't apples to apples.

Old 01-08-2013, 06:39 PM

68 posts, read 174,480 times
Dues cover basic cable, water, outside maintenance. Dues have risen by $80 in 4 years. Dues are almost as much as my payment now...thanks for info.

Old 01-12-2015, 10:17 PM

2 posts, read 6,313 times
Default central park condo

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingcat2k View Post
I used to own in Central Park Condos in Downtown. My HOA was 404/mo but covered basic cable, power, H/AC, parking, water, trash, ect. That was for a 1 bedroom (700 sf) but when I was single, that was enough.

To be fair, please include what you get for your HOA. My HOA dues, obviously, paid for a lot more than what normal HOA dues so it isn't apples to apples.

Can you please tell me exactly what is covered in the HOA fees for Central Park Condos in Tulsa? My son is interested in buying a unit and I am trying to find out as much info as I can. I'm wanting to know if these HOA fees cover insurance and/or taxes. I would also appreciate it if you could add your 2 cents about the complex itself. Did you like living there? Was your place easy to sell? Would you recommend buying a unit? Thank you very much for any info you can offer!

Old 01-13-2015, 02:27 PM

4,538 posts, read 6,444,558 times
My condo maint is 500 bucks a month and the bulk is a ten year loan for a major renovation that we have four years left on. The next bill is insurance, then legal and management agent fees, then water and electricity common areas and landscaping.

That adds up to around 400 a month per unit and we charge 500 a month as we are trying to build reserves so we dont ever have to take a loan again.

The amentities are sometimes peanuts in the maint payment if you dig deep.

Also a 500 maint bill where we are paying off a loan and building reserves is ok. A 500 maint bill when costs are 600 and you are falling deeper into a hole is bad.

You may ask how we got here. Prior association kept maint at 250 a month for years when it cost 300 a mont to run place and deffered maint and ran down reserves and boom we are at $500

Look behind the numbers not just at the current maint

Old 01-14-2015, 06:23 PM

Did the units ever get to control the AC/heat on their own? When I lived there, the buildings were on a centralized heating and air where all the units had to all be on heat or all on air conditioning. It is a centralized system and there wasn't an easy way to move away from it.

I will say that the prices at Central Park are depressed as banks will not lend money to purchase the units. I purchased my unit using savings and a small owner financing mortgage. It worked out And the owner was comfortable with financing as I paid 80% up front. I enjoyed living there as it was generally quiet, close to my work downtown and a quick walk to the BOK. The only downside is that it is on the opposite side of downtown from the Blue Dome and the ballpark. Still, ONEOK Field is only a 15 minute walk away so it's not bad.

Old 01-20-2015, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Did the units ever get to control the AC/heat on their own? When I lived there, the buildings were on a centralized heating and air where all the units had to all be on heat or all on air conditioning. It is a centralized system and there wasn't an easy way to move away from it.

I will say that the prices at Central Park are depressed as banks will not lend money to purchase the units. I purchased my unit using savings and a small owner financing mortgage. It worked out And the owner was comfortable with financing as I paid 80% up front. I enjoyed living there as it was generally quiet, close to my work downtown and a quick walk to the BOK. The only downside is that it is on the opposite side of downtown from the Blue Dome and the ballpark. Still, ONEOK Field is only a 15 minute walk away so it's not bad.

how much do they sell for today and what are property taxes?

Old 01-20-2015, 03:13 PM

Typically, 1 bedroom units are in the 50k to 60k range and 2 bedroom units are 80k to 120k depending on view and upgrades. The property taxes are pretty small ~700 to ~1000 depending on size and exemption. If CP's HOA is the same or gone up $100/month to allow for the HVAC upgrades and repairs and reserve funds, that's not excessive.

For a single person, a 1 bedroom can be nice IF the interior wall between the kitchen and the living room is taken down so the kitchen can be expanded a bit. This was done in my unit and I never felt the kitchen was cramped like it was in older units where the kitchen was never renovated. To do a kitchen upgrade like that, it's probably 5 to 7k if you redo all the cabinets, countertops, ect. You may not get all the money out but it is much nicer and the unit will sell a lot easier.

Old 01-22-2015, 07:44 AM

Quote:
Typically, 1 bedroom units are in the 50k to 60k range and 2 bedroom units are 80k to 120k depending on view and upgrades. The property taxes are pretty small ~700 to ~1000 depending on size and exemption. If CP's HOA is the same or gone up $100/month to allow for the HVAC upgrades and repairs and reserve funds, that's not excessive.

For a single person, a 1 bedroom can be nice IF the interior wall between the kitchen and the living room is taken down so the kitchen can be expanded a bit. This was done in my unit and I never felt the kitchen was cramped like it was in older units where the kitchen was never renovated. To do a kitchen upgrade like that, it's probably 5 to 7k if you redo all the cabinets, countertops, ect. You may not get all the money out but it is much nicer and the unit will sell a lot easier.
Pretty amazing. In the surburbs of NY such as Nassau County etc a one bedroom condo in a good neighborhood costs around 300K and maint is around 500 a month plus around 7.5k property taxes.

I always watch home improvement shows and in places like Texas they are always showing empty homes for sale. In NY you never see an empty home for sale unless it is a bank foreclosure. Why cause even a little one bedroom condo with a mortgage is costing you 2k a month so you live in it till you sell or rent it.

This explains a lot. I watch that show where they buy homes in Waco Texas and always suprised they are always empty.

The two bedroom condos up the block from my home have 700 a month tax plus 612 a month maint. So even if you had no mortgage they are running at 1,312 a month.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Tulsa