Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Tulsa
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2013, 05:51 AM

5,190 posts, read 5,332,941 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnspecial View Post
Thank God for Oklahoma. Don't like it. Move on. We don't people making us look bad with their nasty insults and whining.
Actually, it is hardcore rightwing fundamentalist moronic lunatics like several of the people in our legislature, some of the ridiculous, nonsensical neocon policies the state has or tries to enact, and the general impression/stereotype of the "Okie" as a closed-monded, myopic bigot that makes Oklahoma look bad.

Old 04-25-2013, 05:55 AM

Quote:
Very good points WP. Where do we draw the line. These people are interested in monetary benefits. They are not interested in a sacred union.
So you claim to know what all homosexual couples want? How omniscient of you!

First off, many couples have gotten married through the ages for monetary and other legal benefits. So what and big deal.

"These people..." sheesh, can you even hear yourself?

Again, there is not one single reason to oppose same sex marriage that doesn't stem from fear, hate, ignorance, bigotry, or some combination of those things. Not one.

To preclude same sex couples from marrying based solely on their gender is the very definition of discrimination and bigotry, pure and simple.

Why do you endorse systematic government intervention into peoples' private affairs and champion government discrimination? I thought you were a conservative. Oh, right. You haven't a clue what that even means.

Old 04-25-2013, 12:40 PM

374 posts, read 806,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffis View Post
Actually, it is hardcore rightwing fundamentalist moronic lunatics like several of the people in our legislature, some of the ridiculous, nonsensical neocon policies the state has or tries to enact, and the general impression/stereotype of the "Okie" as a closed-monded, myopic bigot that makes Oklahoma look bad.
There you go again with your right wing fundamentalist ramblings. Why are you so full of hatred and anger? I thought liberals were the people of tolerance. Why can't you tolerate people who think differently than you?

Old 04-25-2013, 12:50 PM

374 posts, read 806,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffis View Post
So you claim to know what all homosexual couples want? How omniscient of you!

First off, many couples have gotten married through the ages for monetary and other legal benefits. So what and big deal.

"These people..." sheesh, can you even hear yourself?

Again, there is not one single reason to oppose same sex marriage that doesn't stem from fear, hate, ignorance, bigotry, or some combination of those things. Not one.

To preclude same sex couples from marrying based solely on their gender is the very definition of discrimination and bigotry, pure and simple.

Why do you endorse systematic government intervention into peoples' private affairs and champion government discrimination? I thought you were a conservative. Oh, right. You haven't a clue what that even means.

What are you talking about?

Old 04-25-2013, 02:04 PM

1,812 posts, read 2,222,203 times
Johnspecial:

From your posts we know that you are a former habitual drug user from a very rural and poor part of the state. You are a strong Southern Baptist and politically you are a far right wing conservative and have white power leanings at the very least. We know that from your having quoted and citied white power authors as “noted”. You repeatedly have stated your dislike having people dissimilar from yourself around you. You have anger issues. Let’s play the odds, here.

First up is lack of education. Your dissatisfaction with life, drug use, political and religious leanings and place of origin all strongly indicated that you likely have little money or education. All together they make the odds of you having a college degree so low it’s not even worth mentioning. How about a high school diploma? If not that, do you have a GED?

I’m going to keep playing the odds, you are divorced, no? I’m going with yes? Kids with multiple women, not all of whom you married before the child was born? You likely had a child before you were 18. You also likely do not have medical insurance and at some point have been on public assistance. If not you on public assistance, you children have been. Who paid for the birth of your children? Not private insurance I’m willing to bet.

Then let’s come back to drugs. You already owned up to being a pothead, but we all know that in rural Oklahoma that very often also really means meth user. That really brings on the old medical issues, how many teeth are you missing? How much time have you spent in the hospital or emergency room for drug related issues? This all also drives incarceration rates. How much if any time have you spent in jail/prison using up tax dollars?

I’m willing to bet that some if not all of this is accurate and that you have cost the public far more money with your lifestyle than any gay person ever could by lowering their tax burden by getting married.

Old 04-25-2013, 02:22 PM

2,572 posts, read 4,249,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swake View Post
Johnspecial:

From your posts we know that you are a former habitual drug user from a very rural and poor part of the state. You are a strong Southern Baptist and politically you are a far right wing conservative and have white power leanings at the very least. We know that from your having quoted and citied white power authors as “noted”. You repeatedly have stated your dislike having people dissimilar from yourself around you. You have anger issues. Let’s play the odds, here.

First up is lack of education. Your dissatisfaction with life, drug use, political and religious leanings and place of origin all strongly indicated that you likely have little money or education. All together they make the odds of you having a college degree so low it’s not even worth mentioning. How about a high school diploma? If not that, do you have a GED?

I’m going to keep playing the odds, you are divorced, no? I’m going with yes? Kids with multiple women, not all of whom you married before the child was born? You likely had a child before you were 18. You also likely do not have medical insurance and at some point have been on public assistance. If not you on public assistance, you children have been. Who paid for the birth of your children? Not private insurance I’m willing to bet.

Then let’s come back to drugs. You already owned up to being a pothead, but we all know that in rural Oklahoma that very often also really means meth user. That really brings on the old medical issues, how many teeth are you missing? How much time have you spent in the hospital or emergency room for drug related issues? This all also drives incarceration rates. How much if any time have you spent in jail/prison using up tax dollars?

I’m willing to bet that some if not all of this is accurate and that you have cost the public far more money with your lifestyle than any gay person ever could by lowering their tax burden by getting married.
I was going to share with John, he may want to look into an Anger Management program. Not so much for our sake, but for those who have to tolerate his tantrums.

Old 04-25-2013, 03:28 PM

Quote:
There you go again with your right wing fundamentalist ramblings. Why are you so full of hatred and anger? I thought liberals were the people of tolerance. Why can't you tolerate people who think differently than you?
Firstly, right wing fundamentalists are known for their bigotry and intolerance. Let's just state that fact right out of the gate. You with your innumerable, droning posts about how "certain people" should either leave Oklahoma or never come here is a prime example. Your bad-mouthing minorities is another.

Second, I am anything but full of hatred and anger. That's a laugh, and anyone who knows me would look at you saying that and chuckle since you obviously don't know diddle about me. Beyond that, I'd hardly classify myself as a liberal. I hold some traditionally liberal views and some traditionally conservative views. I'm much more of a conservative than you, but you have repeatedly shown that you haven't a simple conception of what conservative means, so...

I will grant that I am bigoted--against bigots. And I am intolerant--of intolerance. And that is the appropriate and proper response to bigotry and intolerance.

Quote:
What are you talking about?
Ha! Seriously? We all realize you have a severe deficit in reading comprehension skills, but does it go so far that you don't even understand what you yourself said? I was responding validly and clearly to some recent baseless BS you posted just a few posts back on this very thread. Seek help.

Old 04-25-2013, 07:45 PM

3 posts, read 4,969 times
Sometimes, I feel like many of the people on here sit in front of their computers for too long, watch the news too much and, perhaps, are a bit melodramatic. Sure, when you get outside of Tulsa or OKC there are some outlandish people with thoughtless views. However, as a former Tulsan, many conservatives that I knew were incredibly well-read, compassionate, and insightful individuals who had a libertarian point of view which, I think, coincided with the fact that the state is less-dense. Conservatism isn't an evil thing when reasonable.

The reason it looks so off is this: In California, there are tons of incredibly rational liberals just as there are rational conservatives in Oklahoma. I'm sure if many were to talk, they would end up agreeing on 90% of the issues. However, the political climate has become so divisive that people feel they can relate more to the extremists in their party than the reasonable members of the opposing party. As a result, in California a nudist can burn a flag and talk about how white men are a destructive force, generally, and while it may make many reasonable democrats cringe they won't call them out--but those people are a small small minority that create a bad image for everyone associated. In Oklahoma, a country bumpkin can open-carry his gun and talk about birther conspiracies while speaking about demons in gay marriage, and no one will call him out--they will only shake their head. However, these two ends of the spectrum are what the other side sees when they think of the opposing party.

I live in Austin now, and while many people are ardently attached to their party, the reasonable people agree on so much that it is literally smile-educing. My east coast friends and I joke about the stereotypes of our respective areas and it is funny how unreal the stereotypes are outside of a tiny percentage. But, the most outlandish are always the most visible, and regardless of the ninety-nine average people that one may see, they will not let go of the monster truck driving goo bag that believes that women are inferior to men.

Old 04-25-2013, 08:55 PM

5,546 posts, read 9,499,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swake View Post
Johnspecial:

Elitism for all to see.

I've seen some posts that are big-time doozies, but this one may take the cake. Running someone down because of their rural location, lack of education, or lack of insurance, or multiple children, or missing teeth.....seriously?

Get a grip and strive to treat another human being with decency.

Just some food for thought: If you don't like his posts or if you think he is merely trolling, just don't respond (and better yet, don't read what he has written).

I hope that visitors on this forum do not mistake this very ugly and degrading attitude for the majority of true Oklahomans. That's not us.....and it shouldn't be anybody, for that matter.

Here's to more positive and uplifting posts in the future.

Old 04-25-2013, 09:42 PM

2,572 posts, read 4,249,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Catfish2008 View Post

Elitism for all to see.

I've seen some posts that are big-time doozies, but this one may take the cake. Running someone down because of their rural location, lack of education, or lack of insurance, or multiple children, or missing teeth.....seriously?

Get a grip and strive to treat another human being with decency.

Just some food for thought: If you don't like his posts or if you think he is merely trolling, just don't respond (and better yet, don't read what he has written).

I hope that visitors on this forum do not mistake this very ugly and degrading attitude for the majority of true Oklahomans. That's not us.....and it shouldn't be anybody, for that matter.

Here's to more positive and uplifting posts in the future.
Mr Bass&Catfish I didn't notice you doling out any lashing to JohnSpecial for his harsh words. This was a peaceful place until he started trolling this tread. John is no innocent victim.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Tulsa