Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Tulsa
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2008, 02:11 PM

6 posts, read 16,623 times

Advertisements

thanks for the advice haletown ,it's greatly appreciated! also the money card was a great idea, gotta write all of this down. i can see pages and pages of notes building up ! lol i'm still overwhelmed but i'm going to keep inching along, slowly but surely. we had a wonderful school counsler but she retired . so we start with a new counselor this year. i have no idea how knowledgable she is. keeping my fingers crossed. As for private loans , the only one i've heard of is sallie mae. hope your son is doing well , i'll say a prayer for both of you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2008, 12:03 AM

1 posts, read 1,528 times
Default Tulsa Welding School

Hi guys! I live in Tulsa and one of the instructors at TWS was at his apartment alone with one of the female students recently. She was in his bed and was not aware of the fact that he was married when approached. I honestly have an issue with a "role model" being in this situation. It is unethical. I don't see how this can be a good example for the young girls and guys attending school there. I have also been told that this instructor has been known to hang out with the students when there is alcohol involved. I have been reading over these blogs the last couple of days and it's clear that you have high expectations for your children and their education. I feel that this is important information to have. I'm curious if your sons have heard of this behavior. I believe that there are some good instructors there, but there's obviously some that aren't so good when it comes to their behavior...

Old 07-30-2008, 12:58 PM

7,525 posts, read 16,981,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ttown123 View Post
Hi guys! I live in Tulsa and one of the instructors at TWS was at his apartment alone with one of the female students recently. She was in his bed and was not aware of the fact that he was married when approached. I honestly have an issue with a "role model" being in this situation. It is unethical. I don't see how this can be a good example for the young girls and guys attending school there. I have also been told that this instructor has been known to hang out with the students when there is alcohol involved. I have been reading over these blogs the last couple of days and it's clear that you have high expectations for your children and their education. I feel that this is important information to have. I'm curious if your sons have heard of this behavior. I believe that there are some good instructors there, but there's obviously some that aren't so good when it comes to their behavior...
if the student was under aged, then there was a crime involved. If the student wasn't, then what business is it of yours or ours what instructors or students do outside the classroom and off the campus? While I agree that instructors (and I am an instructor in a private school) should NEVER be involved in a relationship with a student, such things do happen in the real world. Just like students tend to connect after hours with other students.

further, I have a very real problem with the posting of innuendo and rumor. If you have verifiable facts with sufficient evidence to support your claims, please post the links so we can evaluate the situation. If you don't have supportable documentation then I suggest you ask your post be withdrawn by the mods. Gossip should NOT be an acceptable part of an inquiry into the viability or the quality of an education.

Old 08-09-2008, 04:56 PM

48 posts, read 117,969 times
After what seemed like a long bumpy road, our son has graduated from TWS !!!!! He has the a diploma, but guess what??? He was told they couldn't certify him (which by the way costs an extra $125 - not included in the tuition cost) due to lack of booth space !!!!!

We are thinking, what the heck ????? After all those long hard months and considering the tuition cost, one would think when he finished, he'd be FINISHED, but now he'll have to find a place to certify him.

All I've got to say is BUYER BEWARE when you enroll your sons & daughters in TWS.

Old 02-08-2009, 09:04 AM

3 posts, read 12,233 times
Check with craigslist. I found a diamond in the rough for 400 plus utilties.

Old 02-11-2009, 12:17 PM

11,887 posts, read 36,919,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by linda3828 View Post
After what seemed like a long bumpy road, our son has graduated from TWS !!!!! He has the a diploma, but guess what??? He was told they couldn't certify him (which by the way costs an extra $125 - not included in the tuition cost) due to lack of booth space !!!!!

We are thinking, what the heck ????? After all those long hard months and considering the tuition cost, one would think when he finished, he'd be FINISHED, but now he'll have to find a place to certify him.

All I've got to say is BUYER BEWARE when you enroll your sons & daughters in TWS.

That is ridiculous. Certification should be a part of graduation. Money grubbers, I can't stand 'em.

Old 02-15-2009, 10:39 PM

[quote=Synopsis;7423094]That is ridiculous. Certification should be a part of graduation. Money grubbers, I can't stand 'em.[/quote
Yes, I sure wish I could figure out how to have the school make that right. From what he is hearing, he will have to go back to Tulsa to get that certification and, of course, pay for it. He's working contract labor, so taking off work and driving the hour and a half to do that is not exactly profitable. In the real world, Tulsa Welding School should contact us and tell us it's free and they are sorry for the misunderstanding.

Old 02-16-2009, 06:51 AM

620 posts, read 1,752,064 times
Default Certification Test

Quote:
Originally Posted by linda3828 View Post
The TWS enrollment agreement states "If a student or graduate wishes to take an Oklahoma Welding Certification Test from Tulsa Weld Testing and Inspection, Inc., there is an additional charge. Certification tests are not included in the tuition".

Old 02-16-2009, 07:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill236c View Post
The TWS enrollment agreement states "If a student or graduate wishes to take an Oklahoma Welding Certification Test from Tulsa Weld Testing and Inspection, Inc., there is an additional charge. Certification tests are not included in the tuition".
That is fine and dandy, but the recruiter made no mention of that when signing him up for the $13,000 school. I think TWS needs to change their ways and include the certification. Why would anyone want to pay that much and not "wish" to get certified?????????
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Tulsa