Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Tulsa
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-10-2014, 04:47 PM

92 posts, read 189,178 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
Why won't Sam's do?

There is no comparison.

The quality of everything--from electronics to the rotisserie chicken is better at Costco. They carry more organic and gluten free choices, the bakery is fantastic, the furniture and other specialty items are superb, they carry upscale clothing (if you like to shop for clothing at a bulk store) and they stand behind their brand. The customer service is amazing and they offer a variety of consumer discounts: from vacations to vehicles to some types of home remodeling.

Sam's Club just doesn't measure up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2014, 12:18 PM

11,535 posts, read 30,128,588 times
I live in the Midwest. I have Sam's and Costco cards. Costco carries items that are more likely to appeal to a customer base that has a larger income than Sam's Club. The frozen foods are more upscale cuisine. The Costco where I live is a bitter disappointment and a waste of money.

They say first impression is everything.

When I walled in the doors of the the SoCal Costco stores I could buy furniture, lamps, bedding, grandfather clocks and televisions then and there. When I walked into my local store I was greated with a brick wall, a new car, and the stench from the racks of new tires.

My store is just one more tired concrete warehouse with steel shelving and one note items. I wanted a 20" fan. There were 8 stacks of 14" fans and not one other fan. There must have been 20 bins of bath towels, hand towels, and wash cloths. I wanted spices. I could not find sugar, salt, or pepper. I bought dish soap and laundry soap. It is nothing like Trader Joe's. It is thick and concentrated. Cold water removes TJs soap on hands. By comparison trying to remove Costco soap is like trying to remove cold bacon grease. It does not dissolve easily.

From my standpoint I was excited because I like Costco stores. I still do, but I don''t like mine and I refuse to drive 300 miles to Chicago for a different experience - if "IT" even exists in the Midwest. Costco is NOT a Trader Joe's experience. TJ's is the same store in every location from store layout, to the crazy shirts, to customer care. Costco? Not so much.

Old 03-11-2014, 12:58 PM

5,543 posts, read 9,448,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by linicx View Post
i live in the midwest. I have sam's and costco cards. Costco carries items that are more likely to appeal to a customer base that has a larger income than sam's club. The frozen foods are more upscale cuisine. The costco where i live is a bitter disappointment and a waste of money.

When i walled in the doors of the the socal costco stores i could buy furniture, lamps, bedding, grandfather clocks and televisions then and there. When i walked into my local store i was greated with a brick wall, a new car, and the stench from the racks of new tires.

My store is just one more tired concrete warehouse with steel shelving and one note items. I wanted a 20" fan. There were 8 stacks of 14" fans and not one other fan. There must have been 20 bins of bath towels, hand towels, and wash cloths. I wanted spices. I could not find sugar, salt, or pepper. I bought dish soap and laundry soap. It is nothing like trader joe's. It is thick and concentrated. Cold water removes tjs soap on hands. by comparison trying to remove costco soap is like trying to remove cold bacon grease. it does not dissolve easily.

From my standpoint i was excited because i like costco stores. I still do, but i don''t like mine and i refuse to drive 300 miles to chicago for a different experience - if "it" even exists in the midwest. Costco is not a trader joe's experience. Tj's is the same store in every location from store layout, to the crazy shirts, to customer care. Costco? Not so much.
:-)

Old 03-11-2014, 02:04 PM

10,400 posts, read 15,502,336 times
Default Peoria Illinois Costco linicx

Quote:
Originally Posted by linicx View Post
I live in the Midwest. I have Sam's and Costco cards. Costco carries items that are more likely to appeal to a customer base that has a larger income than Sam's Club. The frozen foods are more upscale cuisine. The Costco where I live is a bitter disappointment and a waste of money.

When I walled in the doors of the the SoCal Costco stores I could buy furniture, lamps, bedding, grandfather clocks and televisions then and there. When I walked into my local store I was greated with a brick wall, a new car, and the stench from the racks of new tires.

My store is just one more tired concrete warehouse with steel shelving and one note items. I wanted a 20" fan. There were 8 stacks of 14" fans and not one other fan. There must have been 20 bins of bath towels, hand towels, and wash cloths. I wanted spices. I could not find sugar, salt, or pepper. I bought dish soap and laundry soap. It is nothing like Trader Joe's. It is thick and concentrated. Cold water removes TJs soap on hands. By comparison trying to remove Costco soap is like trying to remove cold bacon grease. It does not dissolve easily.

From my standpoint I was excited because I like Costco stores. I still do, but I don''t like mine and I refuse to drive 300 miles to Chicago for a different experience - if "IT" even exists in the Midwest. Costco is NOT a Trader Joe's experience. TJ's is the same store in every location from store layout, to the crazy shirts, to customer care. Costco? Not so much.
I can't help but wonder if your Costco is in the grand city of Peoria Illinois..........

Old 03-11-2014, 04:07 PM

7,308 posts, read 14,614,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
Why won't Sam's do?
Because Sam's sucks. It's staffed by old people that move at one speed, slow. Their merchandise is old, outdated and no one buys it. Their bakery is a joke. Costco has a "made from scratch" bakery. Costco has a much larger variety of merchandise. If something doesn't sell they move it out. Just the whole vibe of Costco makes Sam's seem like a senior citizens center.

Old 03-11-2014, 07:29 PM

Sam's and Costco have two different business plans and serve different clientele. Costco stores are not consistent. Sam's is. The diff between Sam's and Walmart is size. Sam's is bulk packaging where as Walmart is single item. However, there are some items sold at Sam's Club that are more expensive than the same item/same label, sold at Walmart. I can get everything I want from TJ, Target, and the local restaurant wholesale supplier except the upscle frozen foods that Costco sells. I've reached the point where it is not worth the price of the card to walk in the door. Sam's also has a better selection of the items I buy.

Old 03-11-2014, 07:31 PM

620 posts, read 1,745,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stiffnecked View Post
Because Sam's sucks. It's staffed by old people that move at one speed, slow. Their merchandise is old, outdated and no one buys it. Their bakery is a joke. Costco has a "made from scratch" bakery. Costco has a much larger variety of merchandise. If something doesn't sell they move it out. Just the whole vibe of Costco makes Sam's seem like a senior citizens center.
Could you please act like an adult when you post here? I enjoy shopping at Sam's Club.

Old 03-11-2014, 11:50 PM

2,572 posts, read 4,232,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill236c View Post
Could you please act like an adult when you post here? I enjoy shopping at Sam's Club.

Old 04-27-2014, 06:52 PM

10,400 posts, read 15,502,336 times
Default Dayton Ohio is ahead of Tulsa Oklahoma but hold on it's coming

Dayton (OH...Ten) Ohio to get a Costco Store.....

http://www.city-data.com/forum/dayto...o-opening.html

Old 04-28-2014, 10:54 AM

Before Cosco builds three things must be in place. The city/ounty must approve it. Land requirements must be met and available for purchase. Population density and access streets must be in place.

The store I watched Costco build had site managed traffic via six city, state, and federal routes

If the requirements are not in place, it is up to the city/county to resolve it - if they want Costco. If they are building in Ohio and Tennessee first, they will probably break ground in 2015. The store I watched took about 20 months from 'ground breaking' to 'grand opening'.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Tulsa