U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Tulsa
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-12-2007, 06:26 PM

131 posts, read 544,098 times

Advertisements

I was planning to visit Tulsa to see my lady friend who lives there. This ice storm has canceled those plans, as she is now in Missouri with relatives because her home has no power. As an Illinoisan, I have plenty of experience with ice storms. I wish everyone afflicted the best and hope you are all okay.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2007, 09:20 AM

3,160 posts, read 7,448,721 times
Thanks Switch. Sorry the storm disrupted you plans.

That's a good website Synopsis. Seems like Tulsa is still having a lot of problems. Actually, I would just go to a shelter instead of taking chances with generators and kerosene if the power went out again.

Old 12-13-2007, 10:55 AM

37 posts, read 100,166 times
Try Lowe's or Sears on Yale between 15th and 21st in Tulsa. Those stores are staying stocked

Old 12-13-2007, 11:02 AM

Still here holding down the fort. The generator allows some primitive Internet use but it's freezing. Going on 76 hours without power and heat. Work has power though. It's about 42 degrees in my house. I think I'll stay at work for a while today. What's the word on everybody else?

Old 12-13-2007, 11:24 AM

11,879 posts, read 25,474,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steenveld View Post
Still here holding down the fort. The generator allows some primitive Internet use but it's freezing. Going on 76 hours without power and heat. Work has power though. It's about 42 degrees in my house. I think I'll stay at work for a while today. What's the word on everybody else?
I hope you stay warm steenveld. I'm not up there but my prayers are with you all.

Old 12-13-2007, 01:57 PM

13,496 posts, read 25,455,792 times
I'm guessing that you've all probably gotten a chance to catch your local weather forecast. According to TWC, you're in for snow now. You are all in my thoughts and prayers cause I know firsthand how hard it is to go through such a rough spell of weather.

Old 12-13-2007, 02:35 PM

7,236 posts, read 10,022,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tresakeys View Post
I live in Claremore, terrible there. We got power back last night but many still have none.

Does ANYBODY know where we can get kerosene? ..
Call the Kum and Go C Store at 131st and Memorial. When Git n Go had it, they pumped kerosene by the gallon. I doubt they changed the tanks when Kum and Go bought it....possible, but I doubt it.

Old 12-14-2007, 10:18 AM

3,021 posts, read 7,617,772 times
As of yesterday, my brother's house and my parents' house have power! Hooray! There are still a lot of other people waiting out there, though, & I hope their power is restored before more snow moves in.

Old 12-14-2007, 10:48 AM

Still no power..... *****! Sh**!

Old 12-14-2007, 12:33 PM

288 posts, read 614,648 times
Got the power back. Was out a few days/nights. Am now running heat at close to 80 (usually at 69) so that if it goes again, at least it'll stay tolerable a bit longer. Have stocked up on food...somewhat. Major tree damage at my parents' house. Mom moved her car after I pointed out that it was under a tree and later that day, said tree came crashing down right where the car WAS. Very hard not to do a triumphant Told You So dance. Am exercising remarkable restraint, really. Was lucky enough that my place of work (I'm a cashier for now anyway) allowed me to bring the dogs to work and keep them in a kennel in the breakroom so they'd be warm. Not much of a choice though as I said I wouldn't come in otherwise. Managed to get in another Told YOu So with my mom who thought we could all go to a shelter. I said, not with the dogs, they won't let us. And she was positive that Katrina had changed things. I was right again. Dogs and I got interviewed by the channel six news at the Red Cross shelter that turned us down, but since we didn't have power, have no idea if they played that segment or not. If you saw a scruffy looking woman with two overdressed little white dogs, that was me.

Am now awaiting the snow. Not happy. But, at least I have power...I'm thankful for that because I know that so many out there still don't have any.

Will have to buy a snow shovel or large dust pan or something to clear the way for the dogs to pee/poop. Wish the apartment complex would let me just erect some kind of tent structure to accommodate Little Miss Priss.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Tulsa