Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Tulsa
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2008, 12:16 PM

1 posts, read 7,982 times

Advertisements

I am nanny to a six month old & a 21 month old. some ideas for places to go... Pottery Barn kids in Utica Square has reading time on Tuesdays @ 10 AM- lots of other babies & young children there. Little Gym ( 81st & Sheridan) offers classes for babies as young as 4 months one day a week. The play area at the mall ( although your charge is too little to play much ) is a place to maybe meet some moms or other nannies. The Aquarium in Jenks might be fun for the baby and you- lots to look at but small. Memberships are best if you plan to make frequent trips- a little pricy but actually the baby is free its just your admission. Hope this helps- there is a lot more to do around town with older ones but this is what i've found works with two little ones.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2008, 07:10 AM

1,036 posts, read 3,067,760 times
When my oldest was a baby we lived in Tulsa. We rode the city bus ALOT, she loved looking out the windows. I carried her in a front pack.
We also had a yearly pass to the Tulsa Zoo. Cost us $25 then and we got in year around. We also did some Mall Walking (at Eastland at the time) with the front pack. She really liked that. And it was close since we lived right behind Eastland in those apartments.

Old 02-13-2008, 07:04 PM

288 posts, read 917,683 times
Well, we've been doing storytime at the Hardesty library and going to the mall. The stroller has died and I'm waiting on a new one. Major cabin fever right now! We went to the park on that glorious 80 degree day. We went to Hobby Lobby yesterday and played with all the wind chimes. Well, I played with them...he listened and watched. I am really looking forward to nicer weather so I can take him outside more and for longer periods of time.

okpondlady, how did you manage to hook up the car seat in the bus? I didn't think that the buses even had seat belts.

Old 03-19-2008, 06:12 AM

10,400 posts, read 15,571,984 times
Well the baby must be around 8 months old now , and if not walking now being pushed in a stroller would fit the bill and allow him or her to see some of the beautiful scenery in and around Tulsa .Tulsa two best parks are probably Mohawk Park in North Tulsa the United States third largest Muncipal Park and of course Riverside Park along the Arkansas River from Mid Town all the way to Jenks.

Old 03-19-2008, 01:15 PM

288 posts, read 917,683 times
^_^ Yesterday was my last day. 10 hours a day was really a lot for me and when I found out that they wanted to move me up to 11 hours a day AND they planned on having another child, I gave notice. Plus, the pay was low...made more as a cashier.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Tulsa