Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Tulsa
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-10-2014, 01:14 PM

173 posts, read 276,183 times

Advertisements

There's a good chance I'll be moving to the Tulsa area next summer, probably Broken Arrow, and I have some questions. First I will be visiting in October, but I will be too busy to explore. I'm from Connecticut, but have also lived in Vegas. I am disabled, so I need to know how the benefits are out there compared to here and Vegas. Is there a bus or shuttle between Broken Arrow and Tulsa? Are there any fairly large wooded areas in or around town, even if it's only a town or state park? How does the humidity compare the the north east? Are there a good number of doctors who take medicare or medicaid? Would the Tulsa be a bad place to first learn how to drive? Do the local libraries in Broken Arrow rent out DVD's? What grocery store in Broken Arrow has the widest variety of foods? How is Broken Arrow in terms of walkability? I'm a big time walker, so keep that in mind. That's all I have for now. Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2014, 12:03 PM

10,400 posts, read 15,573,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by circa81 View Post
There's a good chance I'll be moving to the Tulsa area next summer, probably Broken Arrow, and I have some questions. First I will be visiting in October, but I will be too busy to explore. I'm from Connecticut, but have also lived in Vegas. I am disabled, so I need to know how the benefits are out there compared to here and Vegas. Is there a bus or shuttle between Broken Arrow and Tulsa? Are there any fairly large wooded areas in or around town, even if it's only a town or state park? How does the humidity compare the the north east? Are there a good number of doctors who take medicare or medicaid? Would the Tulsa be a bad place to first learn how to drive? Do the local libraries in Broken Arrow rent out DVD's? What grocery store in Broken Arrow has the widest variety of foods? How is Broken Arrow in terms of walkability? I'm a big time walker, so keep that in mind. That's all I have for now. Thanks.
Are you kidding around with us ?

Old 07-11-2014, 12:14 PM

Nope, why?

Old 07-11-2014, 02:04 PM

1,812 posts, read 2,222,203 times
Because asking if Broken Arrow is walkable is a joke.

State provided Social Services in Oklahoma are poor, but many of the local agencies are good. The Tulsa metro area has mass transit bus service and it serves Broken Arrow but the service is terrible, check the Tulsa Transit website. Tulsa for the most part is in a forest, this part of the state is heavily wooded and hilly. There are lots of parks. I don’t know about comparing humidity with what you have in Connecticut, I’ve been there and didn’t notice there was any humidity in Connecticut. Tulsa is very hot in the summer, not as hot as Vegas, but we certainly do have humidity to go with our heat. Tulsa’s metro has a million people, so there are doctors of every type. I believe the metro library system does have DVDs, though I have never used the service. Broken Arrow is a large city in its own right with more than 100,000 people so there are all sorts of grocery options. The main local one is called Reasor’s. Broken Arrow isn’t remotely walkable. No one should live in Broken Arrow without a car. There are some areas of Tulsa that are walkable in a limited way, but nothing is walkable about Broken Arrow.

Old 07-11-2014, 05:16 PM

How about Tulsa itself, in the south?

Old 07-11-2014, 07:07 PM

7,776 posts, read 12,435,548 times
Do you mean the southern part of Tulsa?

Old 07-11-2014, 08:00 PM

yes, sorry.

Old 07-11-2014, 10:01 PM

641 posts, read 1,072,319 times
No, South Tulsa is not walkable.

Midtown Tulsa is generally very walkable, I think you could survive here without a car if you planned it right.

Old 07-12-2014, 09:07 AM

I will have a car, it will just takes several months.

Old 07-12-2014, 05:50 PM

Also, can anyone recommend any lodging in the area with monthly or weekly payment plans?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Tulsa
View detailed profiles of: