Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Tulsa
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-28-2008, 06:58 AM

11,887 posts, read 36,809,717 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by New In Prue View Post
BigOkie, thanks for furnishing that link to the webcam (page 14). It's saving me a heck of a lot in gas money! Here it is again for anyone who needs a live fix:
Live view - AXIS 213 PTZ Network Camera
Cool! Thanks! That's a great link..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2008, 07:43 AM

687 posts, read 2,342,722 times
Here's a daytime photo (it's a little dreary here today).

Old 03-28-2008, 07:16 PM

340 posts, read 1,281,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigOkie View Post
Here's a daytime photo (it's a little dreary here today).

Isn't that a screen capture of the webcam?

Old 03-28-2008, 07:18 PM

687 posts, read 2,342,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgrizzle View Post
Isn't that a screen capture of the webcam?
yes it is.

Old 03-29-2008, 09:24 PM

266 posts, read 968,749 times
That arena is beautiful.. I only wish Tulsa would have passed the Tulsa Landing project. That would have complimented the area greatly and would have been great for events coming to the arena, such as the Big XII tourneys.

Old 03-30-2008, 02:59 PM

111 posts, read 330,978 times
I was comparing new arenas across the country today (online), and our Arena is going to be undoubtedly the very best-looking out there. The BOk Center just has C-L-A-S-S written all over it, unlike some others, which look like converted warehouses and circus tents with neon. My thought was "what were the architects thinking?" We are so lucky to have had Cesar Pelli's conceptual genius on this project.

On ticket prices: I notice the cheapest season tickets to the Atlanta Thrashers, on a single-game basis, in the Phillips Arena, come to about $86 each. How does that compare to the Tulsa Talons tickets? (I haven't kept up..)

Old 03-30-2008, 07:06 PM

266 posts, read 968,749 times
Quote:
I was comparing new arenas across the country today (online), and our Arena is going to be undoubtedly the very best-looking out there. The BOk Center just has C-L-A-S-S written all over it, unlike some others, which look like converted warehouses and circus tents with neon. My thought was "what were the architects thinking?" We are so lucky to have had Cesar Pelli's conceptual genius on this project.

On ticket prices: I notice the cheapest season tickets to the Atlanta Thrashers, on a single-game basis, in the Phillips Arena, come to about $86 each. How does that compare to the Tulsa Talons tickets? (I haven't kept up..)
I completely agree. Although I still think Tulsa needs to continue develoing and beautifying the entire downtown area to compliment it. On another forum people (mostly from Seattle) were pissed that Tulsa was getting this. They said another, bigger city deserved something like our arena, they were stunned that we were getting something this well, "iconic".

Old 03-30-2008, 09:55 PM

111 posts, read 330,978 times
I am curious about one thing - okay, one of several, but - with all the hoopla about being able to "black out" the whole upper level and all...when Bob Eggleston noted that, from the main concourse, you would be able to look to your right, and look directly into the "bowl", I'm puzzled. How are dozens of brightly lit exits going to look from the stage during a concert? I would think it would be distracting. Are they going to dim all the lights out in the concourse? I know these things will all be revealed to us, but I'm just sayin...with all the attention to ambient lighting, and then to have exits with people entering, leaving, moving about, etc.....

Old 03-30-2008, 10:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TU 'cane View Post
That arena is beautiful.. I only wish Tulsa would have passed the Tulsa Landing project. That would have complimented the area greatly and would have been great for events coming to the arena, such as the Big XII tourneys.
Tulsa Landing folks are still interested and claimed the project was not dead.

Old 03-30-2008, 10:21 PM

Quote:
I am curious about one thing - okay, one of several, but - with all the hoopla about being able to "black out" the whole upper level and all...when Bob Eggleston noted that, from the main concourse, you would be able to look to your right, and look directly into the "bowl", I'm puzzled. How are dozens of brightly lit exits going to look from the stage during a concert? I would think it would be distracting. Are they going to dim all the lights out in the concourse? I know these things will all be revealed to us, but I'm just sayin...with all the attention to ambient lighting, and then to have exits with people entering, leaving, moving about, etc.....
I don't think the exits are brightly lit and when the upper councourse is shut down, there would be little need to light it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Tulsa