Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Tulsa
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-07-2007, 07:33 AM

687 posts, read 2,350,440 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormcrow73 View Post
That's going to be a SWEET venue! Guess I gotta come out that way for an Oilers game next year!

Please do; I'm a 10 year season ticket holder and love the games. Being able to actually play on a regulation size sheet of ice will be awesome. Right now, we play on ice 15 feet short and 5 feet narrow.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2007, 10:49 AM

37 posts, read 141,128 times
the new arena will be nice even if it's two blocks from the county jail. i hope the vision 2025 plan will include a contingency plan for major power losses in the city.

Old 12-16-2007, 09:10 PM

111 posts, read 331,643 times

Old 12-16-2007, 09:20 PM

1,586 posts, read 6,758,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steenveld View Post
the new arena will be nice even if it's two blocks from the county jail. i hope the vision 2025 plan will include a contingency plan for major power losses in the city.
Hopefully they will provide an environment that would go well with the arena. I have heard from my buddy that the jail is new...But I think once things get rolling something will happen and change the location of the jail. Maybe make the facility into something else and build a jail in another part of town. I seriously dont think they will keep that jail there for long.

Old 12-17-2007, 09:57 AM

687 posts, read 2,350,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by happytown View Post
Hopefully they will provide an environment that would go well with the arena. I have heard from my buddy that the jail is new...But I think once things get rolling something will happen and change the location of the jail. Maybe make the facility into something else and build a jail in another part of town. I seriously dont think they will keep that jail there for long.
Not likely, with as large as the jail is. I'd like to see it move too, but I just don't think it will happen.

Old 12-17-2007, 11:01 AM

37 posts, read 141,128 times
Dude, David L. Moss (Tulsa County Jail) is an awesome correctional facility, its not going any where. It will be interesting to see the drunk tank clear out of the jail at the same time a concert gets out.

Old 12-17-2007, 02:50 PM

11,887 posts, read 36,919,738 times
Maybe I'm just odd but I don't see the problem with a jail being two blocks from the arena. It's a city jail and is apt to be located downtown along with a lot of other businesses. Dallas and Fort Worth both have their jails located downtown, close to all kinds of sporting venues and I've never heard anyone here complain about it here.

Heck, I'd even LIKE it if there's a strong police presence in the vicinity. I don't see what the big deal is all about with the jail being two entire blocks away from the arena.

Old 12-17-2007, 02:54 PM

11,887 posts, read 36,919,738 times
BTW, I looked for a picture of the Tulsa County Jail on the Internet and came up with the following, which looks to me like it is a considerable distance away from where the arena is. I think the arena is on the Other side of the BOK Tower, which is more than two blocks away; more like 5 or six. Not that it would matter to me anyway.

Old 12-17-2007, 04:08 PM

111 posts, read 331,643 times
All things being relative: the jail is several blocks away; the county sheriff's office is across the street. Let's not make mountains out of molehills.

Old 12-17-2007, 05:37 PM

1,586 posts, read 6,758,092 times
I have no idea exactly how close it is to it...But my buddy who is a die hard Tulsan doesnt like it. I could care less because the BOK is the best lookin' arena in America!

The OKC jail (doesnt look like one, looks like a highrise) is a couple blocks west of the Civic Center!! People griped all day long and still do about it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Tulsa