Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Tulsa
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-21-2008, 05:47 PM

4,070 posts, read 5,605,929 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by New In Prue View Post
They're selling them for $250 for the "cheap" ones on up to several thousand dollars. So, in other words, the advertised ticket prices are merely a starting point. Fat chance of actually finding them for that price. I am thoroughly disgusted, and will probably not try to attend any other concerts at the Arena for a long while.
The cheapest ones i found were 279!!! Thats like what, 200$ over face value. I think its Bull****. I kind of feel sold out. Hope this is not going to be the norm.
I think you're best bet would be to to try and get the tix as the show starts.... the price will tank, they dont want to be stuck with the tix.

I sure hope its not like this for the Oilers opener, thats what I'm waiting for!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2008, 08:11 PM

687 posts, read 2,350,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nevergoingback View Post
The cheapest ones i found were 279!!! Thats like what, 200$ over face value. I think its Bull****. I kind of feel sold out. Hope this is not going to be the norm.
I think you're best bet would be to to try and get the tix as the show starts.... the price will tank, they dont want to be stuck with the tix.

I sure hope its not like this for the Oilers opener, thats what I'm waiting for!
This happens everywhere; it's not just here. Bigger venue arenas have this happen, especially with big name events like this. When they find out they can't move the tickets for the prices they're asking, they'll lower the prices, just like they do with all the other events.

A way to make sure it doesn't happen for the Oiler event? Buy season tickets. That's what I've done for five years now.

Old 07-22-2008, 06:08 AM

340 posts, read 1,286,455 times
Quote:
Well, I missed out on my Eagles tickets. Not that I didn't try. The server overloaded, so I rushed down to Homeland, and they sold out within minutes. I guess i'm naive; I didn't realize that every ticket outlet in America was allowed to buy and resell Eagles BOK concert tickets, leaving so few available that most people couldn't find one. They're selling them for $250 for the "cheap" ones on up to several thousand dollars. So, in other words, the advertised ticket prices are merely a starting point. Fat chance of actually finding them for that price. I am thoroughly disgusted, and will probably not try to attend any other concerts at the Arena for a long while.

Google "Eagle tickets BOK Tulsa". There are at least a dozen companies nationwide who had bought up lots of tickets, leaving only a seat here and there. And those lucky enough to have an American Express card bought up the rest of them, I guess, over the weekend, so they could re-sell them this week and make a killing. It really stinks.
When they are for sale online, then anyone with acce4ss to the internet can buy them.

Keep in mind that most big concerts like these release some more tickets closer to the scheduled date.

My hope is with how fast the tickets sold, they can talk the Eagles into doing two shows.

Old 07-22-2008, 07:26 AM

7,525 posts, read 16,981,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgrizzle View Post
When they are for sale online, then anyone with acce4ss to the internet can buy them.
If I am not mistaken, even online they can limit sales to specific zip codes. Too bad they didn't do it this time, but when Garth performed in KC, a woman from Miami made the news that she was denied a purchase because she was out of the KC area. It would have been nice if they had opened the ticket sales to Tulsa area only for about two weeks, THEN opened them to general sales elsewhere.

Had I been able to get some, a good part of the motivation to make my purchase would have simply been to celebrate the opening of the arena. I also understand Tulsa is (or has been) looking at enacting anti-scalping laws.

If they would do that and combine it with advance sales to local areas only, it would certainly minimize the unfair distribution of tickets.

Old 07-22-2008, 08:23 AM

340 posts, read 1,286,455 times
I would assume limiting by locale would just cause the big scalpers to call mailboxes, etc. and get a local address. Enforcement would be EXTREMELY hard.

Story in today's paper alludes to the idea of tickets being released later. I bet they only sold about 80% yesterday.

Old 07-23-2008, 10:45 PM

111 posts, read 331,643 times
I think I'll do something constructive Aug. 30 at the BOK Center and bring a petition to outlaw scalping. I'm still so angry that I have to be careful what I type here...

Any suggestions? Good idea? Bad idea? We need to let the powers that be how p.o.'ed we are.

Old 07-23-2008, 10:47 PM

Quote:
I think I'll do something constructive Aug. 30 at the BOK Center and bring a petition to outlaw scalping. I'm still so angry that I have to be careful what I type here...

Any suggestions? Good idea? Bad idea? We need to let the powers that be how p.o.'ed we are.
Obviously it's a good idea; you may not need a petition and can channel that energy in enjoying the festivities.

Tulsa World: Ticket-scalping ordinance debated

Old 07-24-2008, 08:03 AM

Cesar Pelli visited Tulsa yesterday and spoke at the rotary club. This is a little large, but a good listen. It's a slide slow along with audio.

Tulsa World: Architect Cesar Pelli discusses the BOK Center

Old 07-24-2008, 05:40 PM

11,887 posts, read 36,919,738 times
Quote:

In what way are you afraid to type what's on your mind New? I'm in agreement with you on the petition, btw.

Old 07-25-2008, 09:42 PM

Well, my 'every other week' is tomorrow morning. Expect to see new photos up by mid-afternoon, cause with the temperature forecast to be 100, I'm not going any other time but morning.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Tulsa