U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Tulsa
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2008, 11:51 PM

687 posts, read 1,572,435 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by New In Prue View Post
Alright!!!!!
Here's a taste:

Here's the rest:

BOK Center - Downtown Tulsa 08/15/2008 (night) - a set on Flickr (http://www.flickr.com/photos/oilerfan/sets/72157606754020604/detail/ - broken link)

There are a lot of duplicates; I was doing a lot of playing around with shutter speed and F stop values. Sorry about that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2008, 12:57 AM

111 posts, read 215,396 times
Full moon madness! I love it! ...especially #3121, my favorite.

Old 08-16-2008, 10:49 AM

11,879 posts, read 25,489,170 times
Beautiful. Thanks for the pics BigOkie.. This one is great..

Old 08-20-2008, 03:10 PM

340 posts, read 892,327 times
The fence is down now...

Shutterbugs... attack!!!

Old 08-21-2008, 09:04 AM

11,879 posts, read 25,489,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgrizzle View Post
The fence is down now...

Shutterbugs... attack!!!
I'll be waiting for all those pics!

Old 08-23-2008, 02:01 PM

Went by the Arena today. Lots of cleaning and washing going on. Ramp rails getting painted, etc.

They're doing a considerable amount of paving on the adjoining streets, and it looks like all that will be done in time for the grand opening, too.

Old 08-23-2008, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by New In Prue View Post
Went by the Arena today. Lots of cleaning and washing going on. Ramp rails getting painted, etc.

They're doing a considerable amount of paving on the adjoining streets, and it looks like all that will be done in time for the grand opening, too.
I'm doing a lot of yard work today; I'll probably make the trip down tomorrow. Tomorrow is also the day the Tulsa World will have a special section devoted to the arena, so be on the lookout for that. It might be included online, but I'm not sure.

Old 08-23-2008, 09:08 PM

266 posts, read 691,659 times
I went there today.. has anyone else noticed that the steel panels are wavy and look warped? And that there is rust or water run off spots (all black and nasty looking) all over the arena already? And then we all know that there are a few dents already on some fo the panels. It's going to take a lot to keep this baby clean.

Old 08-23-2008, 10:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TU 'cane View Post
I went there today.. has anyone else noticed that the steel panels are wavy and look warped? And that there is rust or water run off spots (all black and nasty looking) all over the arena already? And then we all know that there are a few dents already on some fo the panels. It's going to take a lot to keep this baby clean.
Yes. I have noticed the warped and wavy lines, but was hoping that would be replaced before it opens, especially the facade that projects outward from the VIP entrance that has the small logo over it. Now I'm wondering if they intend to replace them at all. I love the way this building looks, but some of those panels should have been unacceptable to the City before they get the keys, or provisions should be made to replace them at contractor's expense. JMHO....

Old 08-24-2008, 01:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TU 'cane View Post
You do realize they've been working to power-wash this for the last week, right? It's a pretty big building, and power-washing is typically a manual activity. They said this would be ongoing until the grand opening, and then it would probably have to be done twice a year.

Also, the nasty black streaks we've been documenting now for over two months; that comes from construction dirt getting in the seams of the panels and windows. When the major construction finishes, expect that to taper off unless we get huge dust storms on a constant basis. Last I checked we didn't live in a desert.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Tulsa