Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Tulsa
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-11-2008, 12:09 AM

500 posts, read 2,859,645 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgrizzle View Post
Yes, most of the Atlas tenants are moving out now and it will take over a year to convert.

There is also the new (as of yet unannounced) baseball stadium, KOTV studio/offices/museum/helipad, huge Modern Arts Center and even another large park, all coming.
sgrizzle, what is that Modern Arts Center about? Is it really about 20th century art? Or do you mean the existing Performing Arts Center? I googled that and can't find any info on a "Modern Arts Center".

But it sure would be nice to see a modern-art whatever in Tulsa!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2008, 05:45 AM

340 posts, read 1,286,455 times
No, this is a new facility, not yet under construction. Here are some original concept drawings for the project and plans have changed quite a bit since these.

The majority of the building will be gallery, resale, classrooms, living space, theater, etc. for artists and the other 10-15,000sq ft will house an extension of philbrook to hold this $50M exhibit:
Philbrook - News Center (http://www.philbrook.org/press/article.cfm?id=25 - broken link)

The building is already purchased and Arts & Humanities Council will start major fundraising for construction soon.

Old 06-16-2008, 08:29 PM

111 posts, read 331,643 times
Sure has a "Euro" look...

Old 06-19-2008, 11:15 AM

687 posts, read 2,350,440 times
I know this has nothing to do with the outside, but they are currently installing the $3.6 million scoreboard ($2 million of that was a donation from Williams; hence their name being plastered all over it).

Link to the article:

BOK Center

Last edited by BigOkie; 06-19-2008 at 11:23 AM.. Reason: Added link to article

Old 06-19-2008, 05:09 PM

Dang, that's awesome!

Old 06-20-2008, 07:07 AM

11,887 posts, read 36,919,738 times
Hey BigOkie. Thanks for the picture. That thing is huge!

Old 06-24-2008, 09:18 PM

Has anyone been down to the Parkade to do any more pics of the Arena lately? I see through the webcam that they are really making progress this last week, and it looks like they're going to wrap up 99% of the stainless steel siding this week, and paving at the main entrance looks like it's just about ready to start. The large plastic lettering for the main logo on the east side of the building is stacked against the ramp. I'll bet that goes on within the week, too.

I've been holding off posting any pics until the building has its basic final look, with all the siding on, scaffolding off, etc. I talked with a worker this week who said the terrazzo floor was nearing completion, and the ceiling inside the main lobby appears to be within a couple of weeks from finishing up. They still have a lot to do over the next couple of months in order for it to be complete, though.

Wonder who the vendor(s) will be for the concession areas? Wonder how many of the box suites have been started? Finished? I would be real interested to see how BOK's suite looks.

Old 06-24-2008, 11:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by New In Prue View Post
Has anyone been down to the Parkade to do any more pics of the Arena lately? I see through the webcam that they are really making progress this last week, and it looks like they're going to wrap up 99% of the stainless steel siding this week, and paving at the main entrance looks like it's just about ready to start. The large plastic lettering for the main logo on the east side of the building is stacked against the ramp. I'll bet that goes on within the week, too.

I've been holding off posting any pics until the building has its basic final look, with all the siding on, scaffolding off, etc. I talked with a worker this week who said the terrazzo floor was nearing completion, and the ceiling inside the main lobby appears to be within a couple of weeks from finishing up. They still have a lot to do over the next couple of months in order for it to be complete, though.

Wonder who the vendor(s) will be for the concession areas? Wonder how many of the box suites have been started? Finished? I would be real interested to see how BOK's suite looks.
As would I. As for this big shindig that will be free to the public and allow anyone with a decent singing voice the ability to say they performed in the very first show in the building, I will try to attend that. But, I do have season tickets with the Oilers, so hopefully by late October/early November I'll have a better idea of how I like the building, seeing how over the course of the next year I'll be visiting it no less than 32 times.

Old 06-24-2008, 11:55 PM

Here's the article detailing the grand kickoff.

It will be August 31st at 3pm.

Synopsis, you should try and be here!

Tulsa World: Arena kickoff to have choir

Old 06-25-2008, 06:57 AM

340 posts, read 1,286,455 times
I don't know what pictures I can get, but I will be in the BOK Center tomorrow.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Tulsa