Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Tulsa
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-23-2015, 02:57 PM

5,546 posts, read 9,499,375 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by _redbird_ View Post
I love this. ^

And to be honest, the way some people act, they don't even have to come out. It's painfully obvious.

There are a lot of good people in this and every state. For the OP to just blindly put down rednecks and say you don't like rednecks is ignorant IMO. Maybe it's just me. I get along with aryans, crips/bloods, NDNs, farmers and ranchers, etc. there is good and bad in every group.
As a bonafied Okie Redneck/NDN myself I say amen!

However, I got no love for Aryans who are all about White supremacy. Idiots. Make this world worse. They can all move somewhere else and carry their racial hate with them for all I care. Racism is quite atrocious in my book---below infanticide, pedophilia, any abuse to a child, etc., but horrible nonetheless.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2015, 03:00 PM

5,546 posts, read 9,499,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
^^^ Great post.

The OP would probably be unhappy anywhere in the South other than the big 4 or Austin. I am a firm believer that when relocating its important to at least somewhat resonate with the culture of where you are going otherwise one will be unhappy. Culture shock is a very real thing.
100% true.

And those who discount the effect of culture shock on someone moving from one region to another most likely have not lived in other places themselves.

A little real life experience, in general, provides a more informed perspective.

Old 03-24-2015, 01:01 PM

34,254 posts, read 20,529,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Catfish2008 View Post
As a bonafied Okie Redneck/NDN myself I say amen!
I love the way this video starts out. And yes, this NDN listens to country once in a while! And I also like the Notorious BIG.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JXAgv665J14

I was laughing how quickly the OP started hating on rednecks, when he proabably has never even met a redneck in Oklahoma. So how can the OP hate on some people he has never met?

FWIW, what I meant by aryans, etc. is that in prison the way it works is respect. If you treat a convict with respect, he has to return it. As opposed to inmates who have no respect for themselves or anyone else.

Old 03-24-2015, 02:51 PM

7,776 posts, read 12,436,414 times
I think Blake Shelton is the sexiest man alive. Redbird, is Notorious BIG the large man in the video? Since Blake was already married when he fell for Miranda, I wonder if she ever thinks about it happening to her?

Old 06-28-2018, 10:10 AM

15 posts, read 17,582 times
As to churchy, the answer is "to the point of ridiculous." If there is a square mile of Tulsa that does not have two or more churches, I have yet to see it in the fifty years I've been around town. It doesn't bother me... it's actually a good thing because you can find progressive and accepting churches if that's your bag. But it's like most things... you don't notice after a while and it's only as irritating as you let it.

As to gay-friendly, there are always idiots and Tulsa is certainly no exception. But the phobic behavior is generally limited to words and disapproving looks. I'd say if you went with mid-town, you wouldn't find much in the area of hostility. Or, feel free to move to my neighborhood. We'd love to have you!

As to the accents... not so much a Southern one as a "Great Plains Drawl." People that don't have drawls don't have much of an accent at all.

Hope it helps! You are welcome here!

Old 06-28-2018, 10:14 AM

8,924 posts, read 5,622,028 times
I heard that Oklahoma was the earthquake capital. Lots of oil and gas drilling and fracking. Get a good water purification system.

Old 06-28-2018, 06:46 PM

27 posts, read 27,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dancinhomer View Post
As to churchy, the answer is "to the point of ridiculous." If there is a square mile of Tulsa that does not have two or more churches, I have yet to see it in the fifty years I've been around town. It doesn't bother me... it's actually a good thing because you can find progressive and accepting churches if that's your bag. But it's like most things... you don't notice after a while and it's only as irritating as you let it.

As to gay-friendly, there are always idiots and Tulsa is certainly no exception. But the phobic behavior is generally limited to words and disapproving looks. I'd say if you went with mid-town, you wouldn't find much in the area of hostility. Or, feel free to move to my neighborhood. We'd love to have you!

As to the accents... not so much a Southern one as a "Great Plains Drawl." People that don't have drawls don't have much of an accent at all.

Dude, this thread is over three years old.

Old 07-01-2018, 09:21 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,621,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tominftl View Post
I heard that Oklahoma was the earthquake capital. Lots of oil and gas drilling and fracking. Get a good water purification system.
Earthquakes have settled down by being less frequent and for the most part still happen only out in the middle of nowhere.

Old 07-07-2018, 02:57 PM

34,254 posts, read 20,529,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sachsen View Post
Dude, this thread is over three years old.

I loved that meme.

Old 10-12-2018, 03:16 AM

35 posts, read 26,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dancinhomer View Post

Yep. Ain't this the damn truth.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Tulsa