Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Tulsa
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2008, 04:14 AM

395 posts, read 1,363,693 times

Advertisements

Ok you guys...who here as been to Brownie's??
I loooooove their root beer in the frosty mug, and they're hot dog bugers...
YUM!
I am originally from NW AR so Tulsa is super close and my boyfriend's dad used to live in Tulsa and OKC...anyways that how I found Brownie's.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2008, 05:11 AM

11,887 posts, read 36,917,160 times
Brownies on Harvard? I've heard of the place but have never been there. I hear they have excellent food in an old time atmosphere and good staff. Thanks for the post!

Old 01-23-2008, 06:38 PM

420 posts, read 478,967 times
MMM I LOVE BROWNIE'S!!! cANT WAIT TO TRY IT

Old 01-23-2008, 08:55 PM

395 posts, read 1,363,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synopsis View Post
Brownies on Harvard? I've heard of the place but have never been there. I hear they have excellent food in an old time atmosphere and good staff. Thanks for the post!
GO GO GO!Yes it is on Harvard.
they have been around forever...lol. The people who work there are very nice and the food is so cheap!!And sooo good! I think it is Tulsa's best kept secret!

Old 01-23-2008, 09:07 PM

Location: Originally Fayetteville, Arkansas/ now Seattle, Washington!
1,047 posts, read 3,946,863 times
Yes(the boyfriend whos dad grew up goin to brownies lol) my dad has been goin to brownies since he was a kid. It is possibly the best burger joint in the country. The frosted mug rootbeer, the classic burgers, the cheap prices, the friendly staff which has been there forever...classic! Course since smoking has been banned, the place isn't quite the same....no smoke cloud lingering as you sit down, listening to old guys smokin and drinkin a frosted mug rootbeer talkin bout the good 'ol days. Still a classic that cannot be missed! Also go to johnnies! Great burgers! Johnnies started in OK city(which my dad also lived in and has been goin there for years) and the one in north OK city is the site of many good memories....great food in OK is easy to find!

Old 01-24-2008, 08:16 AM

3,160 posts, read 10,619,497 times
Good food is too easy to find in OK! I will have to try Brownies. Johnnies is good too. I love that smoky sauce on their burgers, and the onion rings are too hard to resist.

Old 01-24-2008, 08:31 AM

7,525 posts, read 16,980,527 times
For Root Beer, Weber's on Peoria is the best.

store.fox23.com - Weber's Root Beer Gift Certificates (http://store.fox23.com/showproduct.aspx?productid=28 - broken link)
Quote:
Visit the "original" Weber's Root Beer stand, located in the heart of Brookside, at 3817 S. Peoria. Voted Tulsa's best hamburger by "Tulsa People" magazine in 2005. Weber's specializes in making their own home-made onion rings and home-made french fries. Also, Weber's is the only restaurant in Tulsa that makes their own home-made root beer from scratch. Weber's uses 14 natural ingredients to make their delicious home-made root beer.

For a great hamburger, also try the Harden's Hamburgers at 4th and Sheridan. It is the heir to the original "Johnny the Gyp" Harden's cafe on 11th Street. Johnny ran his hamburger joint for a lot of years until he bought a franchise in the mid 50's. In addition to selling great hamburgers and onion rings, he began selling fried chicken out the back window of his cafe. As the city grew, he put his KFC stores all over the place. He sold out in the early 70's and retired. After a period for a non-compete agreement, he reopened his Hardens Hamburgers and franchised them out. At one point there were a dozen Harden's in Tulsa. The one on Sheridan at 4th is the only one still around though. Johnny passed away a few years ago, but the taste and value for the money is still in the last remaining store.

Old 01-25-2008, 03:20 AM

My money still goes on brownies, best burgers and frosty mug rootbeer possibly in the country! Everytime you get a refill of frosty mug rootbeer, the bring you a new frosty mug instead of reusing the old one! And you can have as many as you want! Tell the cook with the big white mustache hello if you go!

Old 01-25-2008, 03:21 AM

And MMMMM you are so right about the onion rings at johnnies!! My mouth is watering just thinking about it...and the hickory sauce....mmmmmm

Old 01-25-2008, 06:36 AM

3,160 posts, read 10,619,497 times
I just went to Johnnie's a couple of weeks ago. The original one on Britton Road.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Tulsa