Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Tulsa
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-29-2008, 06:49 PM

3,674 posts, read 3,033,442 times

Advertisements

Hi all- On Wed the 5th I have 2 interviews in Tulsa, and I was wondering if anyone knows of a relatively inexpensive place to stay for 3 nights that wouldn't be to far away from the 5700 block of Lewis ST,(BOK summit bldg) the other place is 4500 e 41st st. I'm currently not working, and am actually from the Milw WI area, but can no longer tolerate life there, with the endless cold, high COL, poor job market, and poorer employer attitudes towards job seekers. I will be leaving here around Noon monday and hope to get to Tulsa around lunchtime Tuesday. These addresses are downtown I think, and I'm sure downtown hotels are pricey. Also I need to meet o possible third interview at 507 S Main. I don;t want to be too far away and fight traffic. BTW how is downtown traffic there? Here in Milw it's a disaster, just like the job market.

Thanks for all your help. I'm looking forward to seeing Tulsa again, and hopefully one of these jobs will work out and I can relocate here. How is the job market in Tulsa?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-29-2008, 06:56 PM

265 posts, read 904,023 times
Downtown Tulsa traffic is fine. The real problem at the moment is it looks like a disaster zone because 50 blocks of city streets are being totally redone due to the efforts to make downtown look nice and with the opening of the BOK Center this year. I hope you find a nice place. There are plenty of places. Really, any location around Tulsa is fine because everything is easy to get to with minimal traffic. I hope the interviews go well. Have you thought about what part of town you would live in?

Old 02-29-2008, 07:06 PM

7,525 posts, read 16,976,226 times
If you are running on empty, and short on change, Schousse and I have a futon in my office. If you can handle dogs, goats, cows, sheep, chickens, geese, and a 40 mile drive to town, we can save you $80 a night..........918-282-9558
Greg Goodpasture, Annemieke Roell.

Old 02-29-2008, 07:11 PM

Hi BA- Thanks for the info. I was looking at either Broken Arrow, or Jenks. I hope the cost of renting in those places isn;t too high.

Old 02-29-2008, 07:14 PM

Greg=thanks for the offer, I just may take you up on that

Old 02-29-2008, 07:21 PM

7,525 posts, read 16,976,226 times
Neither place is downtown. both are right off the expressway. Call me by 9:00 tonight or after 9:00 AM in the morning. If you go to the answering machine, leave a message. Our only phone is ATT Cell, and we are in a limited service area. I WILL call back as this is also our business phone.

Old 03-01-2008, 12:25 PM

265 posts, read 904,023 times
Yeah...you should not have any trouble renting around Broken Arrow. There are several options. If you have any other questions about Broken Arrow, please let me know. Broken Arrow is only around 15-20 minutes from DT Tulsa, so if you are wanting to get a sense of what the community is like, there are some good hotels here. The Holiday Inn Express next to Bass Pro is a nice one and it is right off the Broken Arrow expressway which takes you straight to DT Tulsa.

Old 03-04-2008, 03:37 AM

10,400 posts, read 15,573,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeaveWI View Post
Hi all- On Wed the 5th I have 2 interviews in Tulsa, and I was wondering if anyone knows of a relatively inexpensive place to stay for 3 nights that wouldn't be to far away from the 5700 block of Lewis ST,(BOK summit bldg) the other place is 4500 e 41st st. I'm currently not working, and am actually from the Milw WI area, but can no longer tolerate life there, with the endless cold, high COL, poor job market, and poorer employer attitudes towards job seekers. I will be leaving here around Noon monday and hope to get to Tulsa around lunchtime Tuesday. These addresses are downtown I think, and I'm sure downtown hotels are pricey. Also I need to meet o possible third interview at 507 S Main. I don;t want to be too far away and fight traffic. BTW how is downtown traffic there? Here in Milw it's a disaster, just like the job market.

Thanks for all your help. I'm looking forward to seeing Tulsa again, and hopefully one of these jobs will work out and I can relocate here. How is the job market in Tulsa?
I'm a former Tulsa living in California now , my wife family is from MILWAUKEE . been there many times , you probably be traveling down Interstate 44 going through St. Louis and Springfield Missouri into Tulsa , and the best options on Motels are on The Out-Skirts Of TULSA....There are some low priced Motels in North Tulsa and at the Tulsa Internation Airport and also in Broken Arrow, just take the Broken Arrow Expressway or Hwy 169 I forgotten what they call this Expressway to your desination........
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Tulsa