Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Tulsa
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2019, 03:28 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,619,444 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodHombre View Post
There's nothing to see here.

Actually, I haven't met anyone who doesn't want to move out of Tulsa, and Oklahoma in general.
Some people actually want to stay in Tulsa and are the type you may not suspect. Recently, a gay couple, who were renting in Tulsa, were featured on HGTV's popular House Hunters. They picked a home to buy in the mid town area. In the recent past, a straight couple were on the show buying in Norman.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2019, 08:03 PM

7,887 posts, read 11,400,197 times
Saw an episode today of a straight couple buying in Yukon.

Old 01-18-2019, 12:46 AM

2,230 posts, read 1,713,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
Some people actually want to stay in Tulsa and are the type you may not suspect. Recently, a gay couple, who were renting in Tulsa, were featured on HGTV's popular House Hunters. They picked a home to buy in the mid town area. In the recent past, a straight couple were on the show buying in Norman.

I've lived in Tulsa for almost two years, and I have to stay here for another 2 - 3 years.

I still want to leave Tulsa, but I don't really hate it.

Everything Tulsa offers can be found in pretty much any U.S city of similar size. Costco, Whole Foods, hospitals, schools, toll roads, restaurants(some of them are pretty solid actually), you have all you need to survive.

Flights out of Tulsa are very expensive. I have learned to give on traveling. I spend a lot of free time streaming videos, reading, cooking, etc. Maybe locals here are too conservative, but I really don't care. They won't bother you if you are not in their social circle.

Old 01-18-2019, 12:53 AM

2,230 posts, read 1,713,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fciman View Post
Having lived in Tulsa for 50+ years and have had the privilege of quite a bit of nationwide travel in my lifetime, I am glad to call Tulsa home. I've seen nicer looking cities and cities that were not so nice. I have discovered that one can live in the most upbeat and "hip" of cities but still be miserable. A place is what you make of it. If someone isn't happy in one place they probably aren't gonna be happy (for long) elsewhere. I haven't found a great deal of advantages that other larger cities offer besides say professional sports and perhaps seaside cities that you won't find here. Every city will have its luster points and parts that aren't so friendly. If you are happy with yourself you will be happy and content wherever you are. The opposite is also true as well. The fun of a new city, car, job or whatever eventually loses it's luster and becomes old causing those who are always in the search for greener pastures to look elsewhere hoping to find "it" (whatever that may be).
Flights out of Tulsa are really expensive. It's easy to find cheap nonstop flights to major destinations from DFW. Driving to DFW is a hassle though.

The weather is extreme, mountains are unremarkable, outdoor activities are limited.

But I can totally understand why many people are okay with Tulsa. If you happen to have some friends and family members here, and the things you want to do can be done in any city, you will be perfectly fine. Let's say your only hobby is video gaming, living in Tulsa isn't different from living in Aspen.

Old 02-13-2019, 06:55 PM

192 posts, read 257,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodHombre View Post
There's nothing to see here.

Actually, I haven't met anyone who doesn't want to move out of Tulsa, and Oklahoma in general.
Why, and were do they go? I'm ready to leave Nashville, TN. I need a new start. NO IDEA where to go, anywhere but North. I like the idea of the mild weather similar to TN and lots of housing stock. OK has the only two cheap to live in cities left how much longer will that be the case? Southern cities are just out of the question.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Tulsa