U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Tulsa
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2009, 01:09 PM

660 posts, read 2,151,617 times

Advertisements

I spent most of yesterday on line looking for businesses that offer Veterans (or active military) a discount. Found very few. If you know of any business offering a discount to Vets or active military would you please send them my way for inclusion on a new page to be added
Oklahoma American Veterans News

P.S. It helps the business as the more (good) links a website has the higher it pulls them up in most search engines and doesn't everyone want to be found on the first or second page of the search engine list?

I found good discounts for Amtrak, Southwest Airlines, AT&T cell phones.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2009, 01:21 PM

537 posts, read 1,006,287 times
Here in OKC, Autozone gives 10% discount, and some Pizza Huts do.. I did when I managed one since I am a Vet.

Old 01-06-2009, 01:36 PM

796 posts, read 1,519,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneDayAttaTime View Post
I spent most of yesterday on line looking for businesses that offer Veterans (or active military) a discount. Found very few. If you know of any business offering a discount to Vets or active military would you please send them my way for inclusion on a new page to be added
Oklahoma American Veterans News
P.S. It helps the business as the more (good) links a website has the higher it pulls them up in most search engines and doesn't everyone want to be found on the first or second page of the search engine list?

I found good discounts for Amtrak, Southwest Airlines, AT&T cell phones.
Navy Hat, Army Hat, Air Force Hat, Marine Corps Hat, hat pins,usn ship hats usmc usaf

Old 01-06-2009, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArkansasTraveler View Post
Navy Hat, Army Hat, Air Force Hat, Marine Corps Hat, hat pins,usn ship hats usmc usaf
I'm sorry but I'm confused. I am looking for businesses such as roofers, plumbers, hearing aids, etc that offer discounts specifically to our military persons/veterans.

This looks like a site to buy military hats. Was there a discount for military persons that no one else is offered?

Old 01-06-2009, 04:45 PM

2,548 posts, read 3,559,908 times
Some store give veterans a discount on Nov. 11 only.

Old 01-07-2009, 07:40 PM

Lake Murray State Park
18407 Scenic State Highway 77
Ardmore, OK 73401
580 223 4044 fax 223 4052
  • Offers free entry for Oklahoma military in gated area but no active military discount on camping.
  • No veteran discount, but if the Vet happens to be a Senior Citizen (at least 62) they will save $2 off per night on RV camping.
  • Oklahoma disabled veterans get discount with tax card.
See www.travelok.com.
__________________________________________________ __________________

Beaversbend.com - offers a senior discount 15% off the cabin per night. So the Vet needs to be a Sr. Citizen in order to get a discount.

http://oklahomaparks.com/detail.asp?id=1+5U+5005

Disney is doing a special for active duty and retired this year. Free ticket for the military member and they can buy up to five companion tickets for $99 bucks a piece. These can be upgraded at the ticket booth at Disney to hopper passes and such. It's good through 12/23/09. Shades of Green should have more information if you want. Also, some of the resorts are offering 40% military discount during this. Your base ITT (Information, Tickets etc) should have the information available now.

__________________________________________________ _

Appliance Repair http://www.a1appliancetulsa.com/coupons.htm 918-437-4779 ( Military discounts)

__________________________________________________ _

AT&T Cell phones-You will need to use the FAN (foundation account number). They may (or may not) require you to go by the corporate store (not all locations are corporate) in order to show your ID.

To see if you qualify for a discount: http://www.wireless.att.com/businesscenter/?WT.svl=3
and enter your work or school email address. If you qualify, you'll get an email from AT&T with a link in it to attach the Foundation Account Number (FAN) discount to your account.

Some companies actually get up to a 27% savings on monthly rate and there is at least one that gets a 50% savings on equipment!

Over 1800 organizations/groups get discounts (in addition to Firefighters & law enforcement, Army, Navy, Marine, Air Force, union members and AARP.)

If your company isn't listed below ask your employer (HR department) for the FAN number. If they don't yet have it set up with AT&T it can be a great opportunity for your business to set up a discount for employees. (A nice little perk for employees!)

Individual Responsibility User - Online Validation Process

https://www.wireless.att.com/busines...questid=166210

Looks like Military is about 19%

__________________________________________________ _________

Sprint/Nextel also gives a military discount.

__________________________________________________ ___________
Southwest Airlines
Call Southwest Airlines at 800-IFLYSWA (1-800-435-9792) and ask for special military fares. Passenger specific fares such as Youth, Child, Government, and Military fares cannot be purchased through the Southwest Airlines web site.

__________________________________________________ _____

Veterans Advantage 15% http://www.amtrak.com/servlet/Conten...94423&ssid=289

Military 10% http://www.amtrak.com/servlet/Conten...86635&ssid=423

__________________________________________________ ________
Hearing aids Tulsa
Veterans discount

http://www.lifestyleshearing.com/
__________________________________________________ __________

VACATIONS FOR VETERANS

Vacations For Veterans is a nonprofit organization created to provide recently wounded veterans of the United States Armed Forces with a week of free lodgings donated by a vacation homeowner.

Each wounded veteran faces new challenges: readjusting, rebuilding their lives, and reconnecting with their families. For many of our wounded veterans, time away to rejuvenate is a luxury that is often unattainable and unaffordable.

When you make a donation of time at your vacation home, or a donation of money to sponsor a veteran, you give our wounded veterans a brief respite when they need it most. You make entire families feel better through your generosity.

Providing wounded veterans with a week of relaxation is a wonderful opportunity for both veterans and donors alike. It is a chance for many of us to show our appreciation for our veteran’s honorable service to our country.

To help us help veterans, please donate time at your vacation home or donate money today. For more information, please Contact Us.

Vacations For Veterans™ is a civilian organization, with 501(c)(3) non-profit status. We are not a government agency and rely solely on the generous donations of individuals, corporations, and foundations who support our wounded veterans and honor their service to our country.

http://vacationsforveterans.org/
__________________________________________________ _________
One person posted: bought a veterans advantage membership for a few years. I used it for Amtrak to go visit my brother every month or so to have fun. The discount I received on one round trip paid for the membership. I know they offer many other services
http://www.veteransadvantage.com/

Lowes (Ask if they will give a discount)

IHOP (ask at your local restaurant if they will.)

__________________________________________________ _______
Someone sent this:

Your complete listing of military deals, discounts and coupons It looks good. Does anyone know more about it?

__________________________________________________ ______
Golden Corral offers free buffet to veterans on Veterans Day or at least they have in the past.
__________________________________________________ ______

Here is a long one I posted on the military thread. Sometimes those of us who are non-military need to know how to help

Last edited by OneDayAttaTime; 01-07-2009 at 08:28 PM..

Old 01-09-2009, 06:33 AM

1 posts, read 7,209 times
Thumbs up Veteran Discounts

OneDayAttaTime,

Good to see that there are others interested in doing the same as http://www.localveterandiscounts.com]. We started the project in July 2007 and it is slow going. The 1 day that you spent trying to compile discounts for your area is admirable. What you did find was V e t e r a n A d v a t a g e, its a company that provides very nice discounts and specials from major retails and service organizations. The downfall is that you have to pay for the membership to take advantage of the discounts.

LocalVeteranDiscounts is free for the Veteran to use and initally businesses can sign up on the site for 3 months free of charge. There is no obligation for the business to continue with LVD. Because LocalVeteranDiscounts.com is raked high by the search engine, the advertisers on the site enjoy increased ranking because of the credibility of our site. Just thought you would like to know.

I looked at oavn.org and just wondered how Veteran Discounts fit into the business model of that organization.

Semper Fi,

Jeff Wagner
LocalVeteranDiscounts.com

Old 01-09-2009, 08:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by localveterandiscounts View Post
OneDayAttaTime,

Good to see that there are others interested in doing the same as http://www.localveterandiscounts.com]. We started the project in July 2007 and it is slow going. The 1 day that you spent trying to compile discounts for your area is admirable. What you did find was V e t e r a n A d v a t a g e, its a company that provides very nice discounts and specials from major retails and service organizations. The downfall is that you have to pay for the membership to take advantage of the discounts.

LocalVeteranDiscounts is free for the Veteran to use and initally businesses can sign up on the site for 3 months free of charge. There is no obligation for the business to continue with LVD. Because LocalVeteranDiscounts.com is raked high by the search engine, the advertisers on the site enjoy increased ranking because of the credibility of our site. Just thought you would like to know.

I looked at oavn.org and just wondered how Veteran Discounts fit into the business model of that organization.

Semper Fi,

Jeff Wagner
LocalVeteranDiscounts.com
That is great. Is it just in your area?

Yes, someone was kind enough to send me the Veterans Advantage link.

Since it's inception OAVN (Oklahoma American Veterans News) has always strived to help Vets in any way possible, in order to say we appreciate each and every Vet. You probably noticed on the website some of the current and past projects we have done to try to help Vets.

Collecting and compiling a list of discounts available (as a quick reference for Vets and active military to help their money go as far as possible) is just another way we are trying to show our appreciation.

I have been told that many Veterans love to barter so I am hoping that more will use Bartering in Tulsa (We even have a dentist on that site.)

May you have continued success with your site.

Old 01-09-2009, 08:14 AM

5 posts, read 12,709 times
I know Kaplan University gives Vets, AD and spouses of AD a 35%, 53% and 10%, respectively, discount off of tuition for online education. For more info on this, go to Kaplan University

Old 08-23-2009, 11:09 AM

1 posts, read 5,528 times
AT&T will charge you a $36.00 Sponsorship fee to get your military discount
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Tulsa