Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Tulsa
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-15-2012, 02:28 AM

10,399 posts, read 15,483,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swake View Post
The next big project for Tulsa is the new $150 million park on the river in Brookside. It will be part of Riverparks

A Gathering Place For Tulsa | Tulsa, OK

Honestly I don't know what Tulsa Oklahoma would do without George Kaiser...did I spell his name right??? I love the improvements he's making in Tulsa Number Two Iconic Area ( River Park )....#1 BOK Center

tulse_phototour38.jpg

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2012, 07:26 AM

1,134 posts, read 3,171,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swake View Post
Why don't you refer back to the $386 million in development noted in this article going on downtown right now. The whole northside of downtown is a big construction site. The east side of downtown is about to be.

Downtown Tulsa development is booming | Tulsa World

I will also tell you that list far from complete, there are many other projects they missed. It doesn't include the new park by Land Legacy, the three downtown Churches that are massively expanding, All Souls Church that's moving back downtown. It doesn't have the conversion of the old city hall into an Aloft hotel or a number of the new housing projects.

It also does not include the BOK Center, Oneok Field, the expanded convention center, all the streetscaping that's been done, the rebuilt roads and highways.

Put that all together and the total downtown over last 5-6 years has to be pushing a billion dollars.

Tulsa's growth rate the last few years has been in the 1-1.5% per year range while Oklahoma City has been in the 2% range. OKC's growth has been faster, but not greatly so and it's Oklahoma City's growth rate is nothing like fast growing cities such as Dallas or Atlanta.
Sometimes a slower growth rate is healthier over the long run if it can.be maintained.

Old 06-15-2012, 07:32 AM

1,134 posts, read 3,171,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Howest2008 View Post
Right across the street from Tulsa Oklahoma number one iconic wonder is One Place Developement........
June 03, 2012 Updates
One Place Tower Development

what exactly is this? When I drove byast week I thought it was a parking garage.

Old 06-15-2012, 10:54 AM

1,834 posts, read 2,196,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by knrstz View Post
what exactly is this? When I drove byast week I thought it was a parking garage.

It's a $120 million mixed use development. the first phase is a five story office building for Northwestern Mutual, second is a 17 story office building for Cimarex where the lower floors are the parking garage for the development, this is what you are seeing right now. The next phase is a hotel that has been reported to be a Hilton and then last is a residential section.

Old 06-15-2012, 11:03 AM

1,834 posts, read 2,196,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by happytown View Post
So all the new stuff happening in the "older" parts of OKC and everything that I see everyday is not there? I will take into account that your a Tulsa homer, but please explain in detail bc I must be blind!

Tulsa (city) QuickFacts from the US Census Bureau

Oklahoma City (city) QuickFacts from the US Census Bureau

There's lots "happening" because there's so many abandoned/boarded up buildings and empty lots to have something "happen" to. Has OKC improved? Certainly, greatly. The inner city on the north side is far better than it was but there's a long way to go. And let's not forget that the northside is supposed to be the "nice" part of town. Even now you certainly don't want to talk about the south side, or the west side. Or the northeast side. The only truly nice areas inside the city of Oklahoma City that I am aware of are way out past Lake Hefner or up north of Britton or way down south by Moore. That's why nearly everyone with money lives in Edmond or Norman.

Old 06-17-2012, 01:01 PM

Default OKC and T.O. Southwest

Oklahoma City OK MAPS funded urban improvements Three (3) Billion Dollars
Vs.
Tulsa Oklahoma funded Urban Renewal Projects One (1) Billion Dollars

1995 to Present Time 17 Years...............

Old 07-13-2012, 07:39 PM

Default Tulsa OK One Place Construction Camera

OxBlue Construction Camera: One Place Development

Watch the progress on this project day by day...

And..just for a hoot try the time lapse feature (and) don't forget to click on the (loop) box....

Last edited by Howest2008; 07-13-2012 at 07:52 PM..

Old 07-18-2012, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howest2008 View Post

Watch the progress on this project day by day...

And..just for a hoot try the time lapse feature (and) don't forget to click on the (loop) box....
Tulsa Oklahoma Cain's Ballroom is the 29th Ranked Live Music Venue in the World
Top 100 Club Venues in the World, 2011

Old 09-09-2012, 05:37 PM

looks sort of like the one place development is getting pretty close to topping off......

Old 09-10-2012, 11:40 PM

1,795 posts, read 3,148,754 times
Looks like it....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Tulsa