U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Tulsa
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 12-07-2011, 09:22 AM

5,580 posts, read 5,433,689 times
Tulsa Heavy and Light Rail Projects "starting on page 135"

http://www.cityoftulsa.org/media/959...me2%207-10.pdf

Last edited by Howest2008; 12-07-2011 at 09:33 AM..
Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2011, 04:03 PM

Happy Holidays everyone even you east coast easties..if you sending 20 to 30 tracking cookies my way ( stop drinking the Hateraid...Koolaid..40 Ounces...LOL Howest2008

Canton Jones- Hater Day - YouTube

Old 04-17-2012, 02:32 PM

Default Some Tulsa Statues That Attracted World Wide Attention

The Golden Driller Statue

Golden Driller | Colossal Statue

100 Penquins Statues In Metro Tulsa

Popular penguins: Tulsa Zoo's fundraising statues still admired after nine years [Journal Record (Oklahoma City, OK)]

Oral Roberts Praying Hands and the Prayer Tower

Oral Roberts University Videos And Photos Of Campus - College Prowler

Appeal To The Great Spirit Woodward Park Tulsa Oklahoma and prior to that
a smaller version on display at Tulsa Central High School

Appeal to the Great Spirit - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 04-17-2012, 02:58 PM

Default Great Architecture Building Demolished By Short Sighted Tulsan

Image of Orpheum theater, c. 1969
Image of interior

No higher resolution available.

Old 04-28-2012, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howest2008 View Post

Image of Orpheum theater, c. 1969
Image of interior

No higher resolution available.
Tulsa Historic Buildings

Description

Description

Old 06-06-2012, 07:31 PM

Default Tulsa Brady Arts District

Tulsa Brady Arts District is going to leave it's stamp on DT Tulsa OK

East Brady Street between North Main Street
and North Boston Avenue includes diverse retailers,
such as Glacier Confection and Tulsa Glass Blowing Studio.

But there is another reason for the district’s recent
resurgence.Wallace credits the long-term vision and
fortitude of Brady property owners like Sharp and
others.

Brady boom - TulsaPeople - April 2012 - Tulsa, OK

Last edited by Howest2008; 06-06-2012 at 08:33 PM..

Old 06-09-2012, 07:13 AM

999 posts, read 1,367,438 times
I saw the link above mentioned a light rail in Tulsa. Is that really a possibility or just someone's wish? I'm also curious, what is the big draw for downtown Tulsa? I drove through yesterday and saw the new baseball park. It looked very nice. However, on a typical friday or saturday night, why would I want to go downtown?

Old 06-09-2012, 08:02 AM

174 posts, read 107,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by knrstz View Post
I saw the link above mentioned a light rail in Tulsa. Is that really a possibility or just someone's wish? I'm also curious, what is the big draw for downtown Tulsa? I drove through yesterday and saw the new baseball park. It looked very nice. However, on a typical friday or saturday night, why would I want to go downtown?
Light rail would be smart, but I doubt it would happen anytime soon. From what I understand, OKC will have some sort of rail mass transit up and running in 5 years. Tulsa will probably think about playing catch up at that point...*sigh*

Back in the 90's when I lived in Tulsa, downtown was beautiful and well kept, but dead as a doornail after 5pm. From what I've been told, downtown is really coming alive now. It's not quite what OKC has done with there's, but it's also happening more organically.

I just spoke with a close friend a few weeks ago who was telling me about the Brady and Blue Dome Districts and how they are really coming alive now. Lots of bars, clubs, restaurants etc. Can't wait to, check it out!

Old 06-09-2012, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by knrstz View Post
Right now the only reason to go downtown is The BOK Center BOK Center :: Home The Cain's Ballroom Cain's Ballroom :: Tulsa, OK :: Live Music :: Concerts The Brady Theater www.bradytheater.com OneOK Fields ONEOK Field - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia OneOK web Page Baseball park named Oneok Field | Tulsa World OneOK Fields The Official Site of Minor League Baseball | Tulsa Drillers Homepage OneOK event Center ONEOK Field Events | ONEOK Field offers unique event rooms, meeting rooms and hospitality areas in the heart of downtown Tulsa, OK. OneOK Fields Picnics Package http://www.milb.com/documents/2012/0...fineryDeck.pdf

Old 06-09-2012, 10:40 AM

999 posts, read 1,367,438 times
Is downtown pretty active? Lots of pedestrian traffic so that it feels safe? Really my only experience downtown was for a convention about four years ago and I got hit up for money a few times. I did love the architecture.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Tulsa