Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Tulsa
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2009, 03:45 PM

10,399 posts, read 15,480,729 times

Advertisements

I think that the BOK Arena really put Tulsa on the national map , what in the opinion of all of you conscientious posters on the Tulsa Oklahoma Boards.....will pop up as the next Iconic Wonder from Tulsa Oklahoma or even taking it a step farther Northeastern Oklahoma Iconic Attraction that can grab the National Attention.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2009, 04:03 PM

11,887 posts, read 36,790,505 times
The new downtown baseball park will be a nice new attraction to the area.

Old 01-22-2009, 04:13 PM

687 posts, read 2,341,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synopsis View Post
The new downtown baseball park will be a nice new attraction to the area.
I will likely start photographing the park the same way I photgraphed the BOK Center while it was being constructed. I know for a fact right now they have the land on Greenwood cleared with a sign up for the baseball stadium. I shall try and get down there this weekend during the day and take some photographs.

Old 01-23-2009, 10:34 AM

258 posts, read 1,010,899 times
Not "iconic" but I have a feeling the downtown Philbrook expansion is going to be rather nice. Later this spring I am going to get going on the Goddess of Oil statue thing again. It was my grandmother who was the model for it. I am going to print up info packets with "donation envelopes" lol, to give to potential wealthy donors, also come up with some different fundraising ideas. I would love to see the statue go downtown.

One little, insider, fyi...Have no idea what the timescale for such a thing would be, but, rumor has it there is an idea for connecting the Arena with the Brady arts area and Greenwood with a bridge that would run at an angle over the railroad tracks. Its one of Kaisers ideas and that has the potential to be something rather neat.

Some other "rumors" and chat about town for those who may not have heard the whispers ....

One is that some want a new restaurant where the old Rivers Edge would be, but, if possible they would also want something thats on the other side of the street where the hillside is, building a structure so that it actually juts out in the air, over the road and has a bridge from that to the river parks. So that when your driving down riverside to downtown you see this neat structure jutting out over the road, plus having a dining/sitting area on an exterior balcony looking out over the river.

There is also a move to try and get a new central library built downtown. That could definitely be an opportunity for and iconic structure. However, thats probably a bit far off.

The large, Fin Tube, factory building and site could be turned into an art museum/artists colony. Definitely would be major kewl if they did that. Its an old ragged, monster of a steel building which could be turned into the neatest space for something like that.

There are some other things but not sure what I can or should say lol.

The main thing is that I hope the Cherry Street and Brookside areas keep moving along and progress doesnt stop. I am getting worried that the Bomasada development may not happen. Plus I hope we see at least a small hotel and some lofts by the new ballpark. Unfortunately we got on the move with the ballpark a little too late. This economy is stealing the steam right out from under what would otherwise be a rush to build stuff by it. Just sucks really.

Old 01-24-2009, 06:04 PM

Default Thank You TulsaArtist.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by TulsaArtist View Post
Not "iconic" but I have a feeling the downtown Philbrook expansion is going to be rather nice. Later this spring I am going to get going on the Goddess of Oil statue thing again. It was my grandmother who was the model for it. I am going to print up info packets with "donation envelopes" lol, to give to potential wealthy donors, also come up with some different fundraising ideas. I would love to see the statue go downtown.

One little, insider, fyi...Have no idea what the timescale for such a thing would be, but, rumor has it there is an idea for connecting the Arena with the Brady arts area and Greenwood with a bridge that would run at an angle over the railroad tracks. Its one of Kaisers ideas and that has the potential to be something rather neat.

Some other "rumors" and chat about town for those who may not have heard the whispers ....

One is that some want a new restaurant where the old Rivers Edge would be, but, if possible they would also want something thats on the other side of the street where the hillside is, building a structure so that it actually juts out in the air, over the road and has a bridge from that to the river parks. So that when your driving down riverside to downtown you see this neat structure jutting out over the road, plus having a dining/sitting area on an exterior balcony looking out over the river.

There is also a move to try and get a new central library built downtown. That could definitely be an opportunity for and iconic structure. However, thats probably a bit far off.

The large, Fin Tube, factory building and site could be turned into an art museum/artists colony. Definitely would be major kewl if they did that. Its an old ragged, monster of a steel building which could be turned into the neatest space for something like that.

There are some other things but not sure what I can or should say lol.

The main thing is that I hope the Cherry Street and Brookside areas keep moving along and progress doesnt stop. I am getting worried that the Bomasada development may not happen. Plus I hope we see at least a small hotel and some lofts by the new ballpark. Unfortunately we got on the move with the ballpark a little too late. This economy is stealing the steam right out from under what would otherwise be a rush to build stuff by it. Just sucks really.
Thank you so much TulsaArtist you have your hands all over TULSA (up coming) Iconic Treasures(Pulse)....please keep me plugged in to all of the exciting new developments....And by the way what have you HEARD ABOUT THE PEARL STREET CANAL PROJECT...i heard that it sort of ICONIC

Old 01-27-2009, 06:52 PM

Default Thanks BigOkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigOkie View Post
I will likely start photographing the park the same way I photgraphed the BOK Center while it was being constructed. I know for a fact right now they have the land on Greenwood cleared with a sign up for the baseball stadium. I shall try and get down there this weekend during the day and take some photographs.
Thanks BigOkie This Park...Stadium Is Going To Be A Beautiful Site To Lay Your Eye's Ooooon....

Click On This Link......
www.tulsaworld.com/news/article.aspx?articleID=20080627_11_hr05082

Click On Slide Show Also........

www.image.google.com/image?hi=en&resnum=O&q=Picture+Of+Tulsa+Downtown+B aseball+Stadium&um=l&ie=UTF-88sa=XBci=image_result_group&resnum=l&ct=title

www.profile.myspace.com/index.cfn?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=418 237711

Last edited by Howest2008; 01-27-2009 at 07:06 PM..

Old 01-27-2009, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howest2008 View Post
Thanks for the updates TulsaArtist and Howest!

Old 02-02-2009, 05:53 PM

Default Thanks Synopsis Take A Peep At Natalie Medical Building

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synopsis View Post
Thanks for the updates TulsaArtist and Howest!
Synopsis Take a peep at the Natalie Medical Building it's Beautiful...

Old 02-03-2009, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howest2008 View Post
Synopsis Take a peep at the Natalie Medical Building it's Beautiful...
So THAT is what this place is called... I've seen pictures before; it's awesome. Kind of looks like something out of Deep Space 9, but in a good way.

Old 02-11-2009, 07:05 PM

Default Links For Some Tulsa Icons

Here are some links...for some Tulsa Oklahoma urban eye candy.....

www.vision2025.info/category.php?mode=&category=tulsaregionalconventio neventcenter (http://www.vision2025.info/category.php?mode=&category=tulsaregionalconventio neventcenter - broken link)
Then go to Tulsa Regional Convention Event Center........

www.vision2025.info/category.php?mode=&category=americanindianculturec enter (http://www.vision2025.info/category.php?mode=&category=americanindianculturec enter - broken link)
Then go to Indian Culture Center

www.vision2025.info/category.php?mode=&category=langstontulsa
Then go to Langston University Tulsa

www.vision2025.info/category.php?mode=&category=motonhealthcare (http://www.vision2025.info/category.php?mode=&category=motonhealthcare - broken link)
Then go to Moton Health Center

www.vision2025.info/category.php?mode=&category=route66
Then Go To Route 66

www.moderntulsa.net/2008/09/25/downtown-tulsa-urban-lofts/

Last edited by Howest2008; 02-11-2009 at 07:19 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Tulsa